Aveyond Studios Community
Sign in to follow this  
TheFool

Gypsy's Tale Beta-Tacular! (Newsletter)

I got my hands on a beta of Gypsy's Tale! Oh yeah sure, it doesn't mean as much because I work for the company... but still. Neaner neaner!

Here's my preview:

So you're this totally hot in a peasanty sort of way gypsy girl on a mission to crack the secrets of a forbidden tower. Standing in your way are puzzles, hidden objects, and a variety of humans and fairy folk who strangely enough don't seem to care one iota that you're there to break into a tower full of secrets. I mean come on, shouldn't someone go "Gee Reylin, isn't this a BAD IDEA!?" But then there'd be no game and we wouldn't want that - so what's wrong with a little breaking and entering?

The game is gorgeous! I mean it. If you haven't seen the screenshots we've posted you can find a bunch at our Facebook Page here: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Aveyond-Kingdom/285923924586?v=photos#!/album.php?aid=158491&id=285923924586

So far the game has been a solid mix of a wide variety of puzzles and find the hidden whatever. By wide variety I mean everything from matching like-shapes to putting together a jigsaw puzzle to more logical puzzles. Best of all, perhaps, they all have a skip button in case that type of puzzle has no interest to you. Hurray!

The music, on par with our other games, is fantastic. It really sets a great mood as you progress through both dark and dangerous looking areas and friendly frolicky (is that a word?) gnome infested areas.

I've already enjoyed my time with the game, but maybe more importantly I had my daughter (nearly age 8 ) sit down with the game for an hour and she was totally into it. Sure she relied on the hints and skipped puzzles a bit more frequently, but she was REALLY into it! This will be a game kids, parents, and everyone inbetween will have fun with.

Got a question about the game? Post it!

'gamestopping bugs galore', this beta has (amaranth and co. are fixing them) :P

artwork's beautiful. puzzles challenging. and anything else is spoilerful lol!

LOL, beta testers aren't supposed to post tha there's a lot of bugs! Remember: If the general public plays it and there's a lot of bugs now it will be YOUR FAULT TOO!

No bug will make it out alive for I am Reylin, bug slayer and curse breaker!

LOL! I was thinking the same thing - everyone's going to read this thread and say "wow, I'm not playing THAT game!" :lol:

We are searching and squishing. No bug shall remain standing when this game is released! :D

But teh beta preview isn't complete if there's no mention bout the bugs that will make you get a wig due to all the hair pulling experiences. >.>

Beta = big ebil terrible ants

must squish.

and no one's can say much due to those sneaky duck tapes.

<.<

>.>

(if that doesn't make sense, apologies: killing bout 300 fruit flies in rl makes the brain a bit squishy)

I'm sure the testers will manage to squash the bugs before release. ^.^ By the way, is it still estimated to be out this month as the little "Coming Soon!" spot suggests? I can wait, but I'm excited to play the game.

The previews indeed look very pretty! Will definitally look into this game when it comes out! :D Too bad I missed this beta, I love games like this! <3

It's very likely that you'll see an exact date in that "Coming Soon" box sometime before the game is released. At least that's the way it's been with previous games ;)

Its promotion has been done quite less. Maybe thats why its late. I think it would be middle june (june 12-24) Lets wait and see when it will be out. I wonder when we will get exact date. Truly saying some of the ppl don't even know that ydf is a Amaranth production(I also wasn't knowing till i join amaranth after playing aveyond. I played ydf but didn't knew it was a AM production lolz). The name "Aveyond" is more famous than "Amaranth" lol

*Waiting for an exact date*

I'm known for my patience, but I think that since we're already 5 days into the month of June, we should have a game by now. :) (I tease; seriously, just waiting patiently.)

LOL Rage! You KNOW we can't give a date until you give us a poem! ;)

Granted, it's not Aveyond, but you have caused us to have certain expectations, nonetheless :D