Aveyond Studios Community
Sign in to follow this  
Shilo

Giant Crab Issue

I'm wondering why the Administrator is saying that you can't do things vis a vis the Giant Crab that people have clearly found a way to do. At no point does the game make it clear that you have to fulfill certain conditions to fight the Giant Crab. I've been beating my head out for over an hour trying to figure out what I've been doing wrong. Apparently, nothing, I just have to go back to five or six differerent cities and talk to six of seven dozen people to find the one who coincidentally will allow me to fight a Giant Crab half a world away. Sorry I was so slow on this one.

Sounds like you either haven't finished off some quests in your journal, or you haven't explored thoroughly enough after completing the most recent puzzle in Stonetooth Caves.

"I just have to go back to five or six differerent cities and talk to six of seven dozen people to find the one who coincidentally will allow me to fight a Giant Crab half a world away" is just a teeny exaggeration ;) You need to find one room in Stonetooth Caves, and Mel will say it's time to find Spook, who in turn will say you need to head to Acropolis. If you have done your other quests related to the cave (beanstalk, Mogpie if Yvette doesn't already know it), you should have found that room if you'd continued exploring.

The "way to do" it that people have "clearly found" is a bug in the game (which has since been fixed), and if you take advantage of it like others do, it'll cause a much bigger mess than having to go back and explore a little more or talk to a certain person when you're prompted to do so.

All the Aveyond games, and I suspect most RPGs, will not allow you to progress past a certain point if certain conditions are not met, and require you to go back and explore further in order to trigger things to move on.

I removed details of how to use that bug from the above post. Pink, if you read more carefully, you'll see that Shilo cannot get past the crab. So obviously, he/she has not found the bug. Since we don't WANT people taking advantage of the bug because, as you say, "it screws up your game", there's no point in giving details of how to do it ;)

Besides, in the current version of the game available here and everywhere else, that bug no longer exists. People would only be able to take advantage of it (and screw up their game as a result) if they got the very first version of the game. As time goes on, that is less and less likely.

*blushes* sorry shaz. and yes, i got the bfg version of the game the day it came out, and i don't really like going all "swallow my pride and get the updated version" on myself, you know?

Sorry for the crankiness of my last post. I'd been gaming the entire Aveyond series, and it was too much RPG and too little ZZZ. I had no problem with working it out the first time, but I forgot how to do itthe second time through! The next day, with a clearer head, I went back and went, "Oh, wow, of course, I needed to do X before Y could happen."

Duh. My bad. The logical sequence of events is one of the reasons I love the Aveyond games.