Aveyond Studios Community
Sign in to follow this  
lilacXemerald

Left hand or right?

Good morning, evening or whatever time you're reading it. I actually wondered, what hand do you use mostly?

I'm making some kind of a report on it, and I found the fact that people using their left hand become to spread more and more. It was nearly 10% in the 20th century, and now it's 25%.

So what's your hand and what do you think about southpaws?

I used to be a lefthander when I was a child. Then my granddad forced me to write with the right one. Parents were angry when they knew it, but now I can use both of them, even though right is more convenient.

Well, it felt balance to me.

i'm ussually use right, but i'm practicing to use left more. And they both really help, which get better, and have their own job. At least it happen with me,

^^

I used to be a lefthander when I was a child. Then my granddad forced me to write with the right one. Parents were angry when they knew it, but now I can use both of them, even though right is more convenient.

I use my right hand. Actually your story, lilacXemerald, might be an example of one of the reasons why it seems as though left-handedness has become more frequent. I hear that in many (dominantly Christian) countries, left-handedness was seen as a sign of evil, and left-handed children were made to learn to use their right hand. I'm not sure about other countries, but here that doesn't happen any more, and that may be a contributing factor in the frequency of left-handers. I've got no research to link to here, so it's all just speculation that bears no scientific scrutiny.

Did they? It's about the uses, and left-handed isn't that bad. I always practice to learn them. It's bored using right, there are so many people who uses right-handed. And it get tired easily

natural left hander here. My preschool teacher tried to make me write with my right, but my mum put a stop to it once she found out.

My left hand's pretty much dominates everything cept rubix cubing and juggling.

For rubix cubing, my right is dominant while my left is anchoring. Though I know a rightie who switches hands too so his left is dominant while right is anchoring.

Juggling: purely from a beginner perspective. Since my left hand is stronger than my right, if I start with my left hand I set a pace too 'strong' for my right to keep up and I lose rhythm. By starting with the right hand, my left can keep up easily so I can keep rhythm. Though if I practice more, I would be able to start with either hand.

Surprisingly, I'm the only left hander in my family. O_o.

I hear that in many (dominantly Christian) countries, left-handedness was seen as a sign of evil, and left-handed children were made to learn to use their right hand.

That happened to my older brother. He unfortunately was in Catholic school when learning how to write.

I'm right handed. Can't really do much with my left handed. If I try to, it just feels awkward.

I am also a right handed. I know that in my country there are some ppl who write with their left hand but most are said to change their hand in their child hood only. I don't know why but they usually force them to change hand. As for me i always wrote with my right hand. Its a lil difficult for parents to teach their children to write if hands are different but practice makes everything perfect. I would like to be ambidextrous but i cant really write even my name with my left hand. But practice makes everything better. I will learn to write by my left hand as the time goes.

KTC: Hey I'm the only left hander in my family too!

My grandma made me learn to write right handed so it's prettier when I write w/ my right...

as for why there are fewer left handed people? It's because those drrr right handers keep killing us off. ><

I demand justice lol.

My family and I all are right-handed, but we can also use our left hands to good extent. I know many pepple in my school that are like this as well, but there are surprisingly few left-handed students. It's a very right-hand dominant school.