Aveyond Studios Community
Sign in to follow this  
lilacXemerald

Left hand or right?

@Kb, I know what random means) I just didn't understand that it was about colouring)

It's not random, it's always bad when done with my right hand. I'll try to do it better, since I'm having a break and more free time! (thanks goodness, school is over)

I'm right handed too, and i've heard somewhere that left handed person are supposedly part of another person, I mean they have a twin before they're born, dunno if it is true though

@ Blurble - yes it is about that but the excercise involves drawing a picture by looking a picture and copying it by using your other hand i.e. not the hand you normally use. Also you are not supposed to look at your work as you do it. I have had a lot of fun with it! You should see some of the strange looking things I have drawn. Some were actually cool looking.

KTC: because chicks dig the lefties.

Blurble: It's said the right side of the brain controls the left side of your body, and brain's left controls the body's right.

^ both of those are based on research I'm pretty sure.

viva la revolucion de lefties!

My family and I all are right-handed, but we can also use our left hands to good extent. I know many pepple in my school that are like this as well, but there are surprisingly few left-handed students. It's a very right-hand dominant school.

I know but just because left controls right, etc, the book itself is not about learning to draw with your left hand.

This particular exercise might be- just to make you think of drawing differently- but I did once think that drawing on the right side of your brain means drawing left-handed and that's not it.

(It is actually quite interesting how the left and right lobes of the brain are different...)

@ Blurble that is so true. The book is very interesting, and I do recommend it. But I must say that I get sidetracked quite easily, and doing the exercises the way they ask you to was quite entertaining. And since the lobes of the brain determine which hand is dominant I really really was glad to re-visit the subject. I first came across this in the early 1980s.

My husband is a lefty and he has been enjoying the drawing exercises too. He is very talented!

Due to a brain anueryism at birth and my resulting CP, I only know how to use my left hand. My parents and doctor have theorized that I might have been intended to be right based on the difficulty I had early on in life.

@night's: not even for two handed things like holding a baseball bat O.o!!

my summary;

left handed

right eyed (my right eye sees things much clearer than my left)

left legged (kick with the left)

right brained (at least, from the 5 tests I took online)

I use my left hands for holding fork, definitely :D And hold stuff when my right hand's busy. Like hold the eraser while I draw, hold a cup of drink while I eat burgers, etc :P

@night's: kk

@agas: lol, same here. fork on the left, cup to the right.

and for the longest time I couldn't figure out how to use inky pens (not ballpoint) cuz I kept smearing it so the side of my hand is always black. Didn't get it until maybe 5? years ago that it was because i was using my left hand haha

eventually just ditched the inky pens (my dad loves using inky pens so they tend to be the only pens in the house) and stuck with ballpointing awesomeness :3

(i'm a slow kid alrite? XP)