Aveyond Studios Community
Sign in to follow this  
Amaranth

Is this game too edgy to put on Amaranthia?

Hi everyone, I have a game in front of me which is quite well done, but I think it may have a bit more violence than the typical game you see on Amaranthia. I'm on the fence about listing it, so I thought I would get some feedback first.

The game is called Rain Blood and it's very popular in Japan. Here are a few screens:

width=300http://www.soulframe-rpg.com/rainblood/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/title.jpg[/img]

width=300http://www.soulframe-rpg.com/rainblood/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/begin.jpg[/img]

width=300http://www.soulframe-rpg.com/rainblood/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/1st.jpg[/img]

Here is the game download (+16 year old & older please):

http://www.soulframe-rpg.com/rainblood/files/Rainbloodinstall.exe

If you're over 20 and you play it, can you let me know how you feel about it?

Although I'm not going to play it because it doesn't look like something I would enjoy, I don't think there would be any problem putting it on the site. With a sufficient warning, of course. That way people who wish to and to whom it is age appropriate could play it, and those who shouldn't or don't wish to play it would know not to. Since I have not played it, though, I don't know if I should really be giving my opinion, or if it is relevant. :)

I haven't tried the game though I've heard of it. If the game is really well made then I think it should be on the site. I'm not sure it's fair to the designer if he's penalized for his more adult content. I understand that as a business you really need to be careful, but like iPink said, it should be fine with enough warnings so that people know ahead of time. Either that and/or you maybe can incorporate an age verification system or something to make sure people who aren't old enough don't get there hand on it. Just some thoughts.

Edit: Gave it a try and yeah, compared to every other game on Amaranth, this one would be by far the most adult. While it can hardly be really considered gory or violent by today's gaming standards, it is a lot for this site. That said, in my opinion, it's a really, really good game (from just the trial mind you) to the point I may buy it. I'm not sure the demographic of this site, but I will say this game is good enough to put up here, but with the proper warnings in visibly noticeable locations. But, as I said, it all depends on your demographic, so if the people here would download and try it at least, then I would put it up...hope this input helps.

@aisling: heh, probably not all of them. that's like expecting people to actually read the faqs before they post a question that's been answered 9001 times. ;)

I tried to download it but Norton (on the computer I use for Internet downloads) would not let me as it believes there to be a trojan attached. So I am not going to be able to give you an honest opinion, unless I do a workaround with the Norton, which I don't really want to do. It looks interesting and I would LOVE to try it. I had the same problem with Aveyond 2.

@connie: can you put it on an exception list? Or temporarily shut off norton to download and install, than put it back on?

Thank you for you all!

Before I also had a concern about the violence in the game and thought of changing the blood color into green or something. But then I find it really stupid to make the game not fitting its name. So after some discussions with Amanda I keep all the original features, as long as we have some notice for the kids.

If you go through the game you'll find the deepness of story is partly reflected by the cartoonish and dramatic violence, it is a sad and dark drama, which has a complex plot and a mood only for those who are old enough to taste. It is not another sunny and bright adventure fighting with lovely monsters who do not bleed.

Looks like it came right off Adult Swim.Ilove watching Adult Swim,so imay give it a try,when i finish the other games i am playing.