Aveyond Studios Community
Sign in to follow this  
enciel

Vagrant's Tale

Hi, all here's a game me and my sis are working on. Everything here is a work in progress even the storyline but this is just a draft of my ideas on the game. I'll be changing it now and then ^^ sorry bout that.

Please be patient with me :peace:

Story

Decades ago a group of elders created and distributed 6 sacred glyphs to aid mankind in everyday life. These glyphs were distributed among lands and were used much by mankind. But after years have passed these glyphs were lost in time.

Our hero a simple vagrant, accidentally finds one of these glyphs which embeds on him. Scared of what has happened he ventures to find help on how to remove it .He meets a girl who encounters a similar story and together they find a way to remove these glyphs. As they travel they realize the effect of the glyphs embedded on a human.

Amidst of all of this it is unknown to them, a once pious man seeks possession of these glyphs to obtain power to seek revenge on a kingdom that banished him.

The adventure begins as our hero travels the land to seek help and find more information on these said glyphs as they learn that what they possess was something bigger than they could ever imagine.

Features:

Sideview battle system

Original Facesets/battlers

4 playable characters

Unique switch character abilities for dungeons

Lots of quests

Skill level up

Bromides

Multiple Endings

Support battle

Screenshots

rpg_interior_mock_up_by_lyxven-d2sax11.png

interior_by_lyxven-d2sd170.png

1stfloor.png

forest2.png

store.png

battle1.png

house.png

i do like your mapping style!!! simple and lovely, and--my friend would be very pleased--not symmetrical! once again, i'm temped to try such a style.

i like the character artwork too ^_^ you look like you know what you're doing. i look forward to seeing it!

This game looks like its having an awesome start. I hope it will turn out excellent in the end too. And i like your mapping style(especially 2nd and 3rd map in screenshots) And what(program or software) have you used for facesets?? they look like some combined softwares' work.

Thanks a lot! And about the facesets I drew them myself ^_^ I haven't posted the other 2 characters yet I am still in the process of drawing them *art block x_x*

But I will post them soon and some info on them as well.

I hope it does go fine all the way we are kinda still figuring out how to make some of the list in the features a reality >_<; Esp. the one where chars can switch on a dungeon with skills T_T

@Enciel: Oh! Okay! But that still doesn't clears my confusion. You draw them and then do you scan them?? And after scanning do you use coral draw to colour them. Oh and if you would need help. You can always ask in the forums. And your last sentence is also difficult to understand. I can also help as i have worked on rpg maker.

I use photoshop to color my drawing after scanning :D I do not know how to use corel sorry x_x.

And yeah sorry if it was confusing lol, I listed in one of my features

* Unique switch character abilities for dungeons

but that is something I don't know if we could do ^^;;; I need a lot of help in learning advanced scripts T_T

A quick tip for mapping: use smaller proportions than you think you'll need, the smaller and more cramped you make it, the more natural it will look.

@Enciel: ahh Okay! Oh and for the abilities thingy, if you want the audience who is playing the game has control over abilities than i think i can help a lil. I know two of the game makers makers who did that. One is the head of scf games and the maker of ghost game or whatever it was. Though i can also help a lil. It would need some cripting. Just use the script for equipping weapons but change the names to something good like spell cards etc. I am not a script master so i can't tell what to do. Maybe you search about it on google.

@Nick

Thanks for the tip! We are working on it! By the way I have seen Pinnacle in previous forums before I hope I get to play your game someday my sis has it bookmarked over a year ago already still waiting for it lol

@sana

Thanks a lot!It might be a while before we can release it but we'll release a demo definitely. We plan to go commercial(we can dream XD) but it's a long way before we worry about that kind of stuff w/o a game that's even finished lol

@Kbljkl

Wow really? head of the scf games nice o_o. I am not a script master too x_x thanks I'll try your suggestion and use google if I fail lol

Hello everyone, I'm the sprite artist for this game^^

@Adept: Yes I agree it seems typical when you look at it, we're working on it! Unfortunately, not much of the story has been completed yet and I can't say really much at this point.

I'm also thinking of creating my own tileset for certain places or if possible for most places, although it is hard.. I have to admit. I have managed to finish an interior tileset for a town but I plan to add more stuff. Here are some screenies:

rpg_interior_mock_up_by_lyxven-d2sax11.png

interior_by_lyxven-d2sd170.png

Thanks sana96 and mikasalla! Your response is greatly appreciated! ^_^!

Apparently there has been more changes in this project we are making. The character portraits and story -> (especially x_x)

The character portraits are being re-done here's some screenie. I'm still re-drawing the other 3 characters

I hope it looks better than the old one. @_@

patrick1.png

The battle sprites are being re-made too I'll allow my sis to post them since she's doing them :D