Aveyond Studios Community
Sign in to follow this  
Star_Dreamer300

Please help: Realy evil girl in my class!

So I'v got this problem with a girl at school. She is seriously mean to me.

She never realy liked me from day one. I don't know how it's possible but she actually just looked me down the very first time we met and she gave me a look. It wasn't realy a look of disgust or of hatred it was just a kind of look. And ever since she just hated me.

I don't understand it. I'm in general a realy nice person and a try not to hate anybody and I'm friends with everybody in the small class that i'm in but this girl treats me like a disease. She just ignores me in class when I talk as if I was an idiot and what I am saying is stupid and unimportant.

If we have to do pair work and we are put together she just sits there and looks as if she can't wait for it to be over and if I talk to her or suggest any thing for the work she'll just say 'yeah' or 'whatever' without even looking at me and if she does look at me it is only to roll her eyes at me in this... way I can't descibe. She is always being realy mean to me if I do something she doesn't like and in her eyes i'm just an idiot that can do nothing right.

The thing I really don't like and don't get is that she is never openly mean to me the way she is to other people. She never sayed I was stupid or ugly or anything. She never even told me she didn't like me even though her gestures scream that she doesn't.

She does tell other people that she doesn't like my attitude and i'm like what the heck? I was never mean to her. I never hurt her. In fact in my class everyone else says i'm the nicest girl in the whole school which might actually be true because of my 'don't hate' policy I am nice to everyone because I feel happy when others are happy.

I really don't know what to do. Everyone tells me just to ignore her and I'v tryed that but it's realy impossible to ignore something like this. And I'm in a realy small class and I mean a REALY small class. Including me there are only like 7 of us. I'm not kidding. The school is like realy new and there are only 3 different classes: the 7th grade, the 8 grade and the 9th grade. there are only 4 to 10 kids in each. crazy right. I'm in the 7th grade class.

So it's impossible to ignore this girl when I'm in such a small class with her. She basically runs the whole class but no one really likes her. I mean she is nice to all of them so none of them rise ever against her but they all see what she does to me and they know this is wrong but they all know that it is better to be this girl's friend hating her than to not be her friend.

One girl isn't her friend and her feelings got ripped apart by this other girl. The other girl is now one of my best friends but my other friends don't know how I can stand her because honestly she is kind of a gentle snob to people who arn't her friend. But I'm friends with her because I can tell what she's been through and honestly it's just to sad.

I just don't get why the mean girl doesn't just come out and say she doesn't like me and ruin my life. It's clear that she doesn't like me and with all the other people she doesn't like she tells them and ruins them.

It's not like I want to be ruined but I don't want her to act like I'm just realy not worth it.

I'v already tryed to get together all the girls in my class and go against her but that didn't work. She's just so... unbeatable. That can't be true. there has to be a way to bring her down. She's not invincible.

I realy hate to want to fight her but it's almost the end of the school year and i'v realy realy had enough of that (I'm don't think I should swear in this post).

It's gotten realy unbearable. Sometimes when I wake up in the morning I just dread going to school. But I know I'll have to go face her.

In school whenever i'm feeling angry a lot of people around me get realy depressed and I hate it because I can feel it when people around me are depressed and stuff so I do my best to just smile and erase my negative emotions but it isn't always easy.

I realy need any kind of help. Please post some help if you can. If not than please just post something about what you think of my situation.

Some people are just weird like that.

You can try to talk to her. Let her know you don't understand why she is acting like this. Ask her if you did something -unknowingly- to hurt her.

If you can't get her to talk to you. Or she doesn't say why she is acting like this. Just ignore her. I know you said you tried and that it's hard with a small class. But it's really the only other thing to do. Maybe talk to your teacher so she doesn't pair you two together anymore.

Or try to act like what she does, doesn't bother you. If she thinks she isn't hurting your feelings, she may quit. A lot of times bullies will keep doing something because they know it's bothering others.

Also, don't resort to violence. It may make you feel better, but it won't solve the problem.

@star: and school's almost done so you won't need to bother with her.

I agree with mopiece in not resorting to violence. It might end up on your record which will look really bad.

She's honestly not worth the energy you are wasting fretting over her. She's rude, yes, but thank your lucky stars she's not malicious or violent. In my school days, I had classmates who spread vicious lies about me, to other students and to teachers, in an attempt to get me in trouble (or, in one case, to get a seriously violent student to threaten me with bodily harm).

I know it's seriously annoying and would drive anybody schizo, but the best way to beat her - truly - is to just ignore her. So she doesn't provide input when you are paired with her to do work. Fine. Beat her at her own game by asking your teacher to swap pairs. Say something like, "Julia (or whatever her name is) is not taking this assignment as seriously as I am. I would prefer to work with a partner who will focus on the task at hand and work with me to do a good job." If the teacher tells you to tough it out, then state that you would prefer to work alone, as you do not want somebody else to take the credit for your hard work without contributing anything of their own.

Any teacher worth his or her salt will figure out what you are saying. If they argue that part of school is to learn to work with others, your rebuttal should be that it's not: you're in school to LEARN, and how will your partner learn if YOU are doing all the work?

You have a right to not have your work stolen from you, which is essentially what she is doing by refusing to participate. But she's not worth the hassle, honestly. Tough it out until the end; hopefully you won't have to deal with her next year.

Some people will just not like you. That's kind of the way the world works. Just don't let it get to you. It might be hard to ignore, but since there's nothing that you can really do about it (unless you do want to try talking to her), there's no use in getting worked up about it.

Oh, and all this about "trying to get all the girls to go against her"--she's not a tyrant, and this is not a coup. Unless she literally does rule over everybody. Setting up sides like that won't help, and it doesn't really go with your "don't hate" policy, because you're kind of making it a bigger deal than you need to.

I agree with the others. Direct your energy elsewhere, to activities where it's better used. It's just not worth it. She's not doing anything overtly aggressive towards you, so this is a case where you can easily ignore her bad attitude.

Like Rena said, not everyone will like you. It's an impossible feat and if you keep thinking it's possible, you're setting yourself up for disappointment. If it were me, my attitude would generally be, "Too bad, you're stuck with me, LOL." (If you think about it, if she decided to dislike you first, you actually have the advantage because obviously, something about you or something about what you do bugs her, therefore she's the one who has to put up with something that irritates her. If you choose to get irritated back, you're really at a stalemate. If you respond by not being bothered by her, you're at least showing far more maturity while also showing her that she cannot "win" so easily over your emotions.)

If you can at least get in a private conversation with her and brave it, try determining what she doesn't like about you. There has to be something, even if you are unaware. Maybe there's a misunderstanding. For example, a good friend of mine told me that, when she first met me, her first impression of me was that I was snobby and stuck-up xD I will tell you right now that I am not, and when she got to know me, she discovered the same thing. I'm glad that she DID get to know me because I love being friends with her, but I'm also glad she told me about that first impression. I was able to understand that the way I present myself may not always be received positively, even if I think I'm being an awesome person.

But if all that fails, seriously just ignore her. Or at least ignore her immature behaviour. If she rolls her eyes, just ignore it and keep going on as you were. If she refuses to participate in a group/partnered assignment, go with Rage's advice and speak to the teacher about changing groups/partners or going solo.

i could be wrong, but it sounds to me like shes jealous of the aura of happiness that surrounds you and all of your friends. alot of people do that.

you should walk up to the girl and ask why shes so angry at you. if it were up to me id have all of my friends ask her at once. if she has friends you could ask them about it.

if my friends had seen anything like this happening they would have already confronted the person without any input from me.

and the school year is allmost over. you wont have long to deal with her. if im right about the jealous thing i'd keep it up. i like annoying people. but thats me. if she tries something at the end of the year youve got your friends to back you up.

If she's being that overly passive-agressive, you might just have to confront her about it, or at least bring it up if she isn't willing to.

I don't mean making a big deal of it during class or anything, but if you see her & there aren't too many people around (so you don't embarrass her or yourself), go up to her & ask her what's up w/ that behavior, why she hates you, or whatever... especially the talking behind your back if you know b/c someone told you or you heard her do it.

She'll try to avoid the confrontation & maybe even pretend she doesn't know what you're talking about so you'll have to use your own judgment as to how far you need to go w/ it to get her to stop.

And that way, if she really doesn't realize what she's doing, she'll start watching it.

become a Mean Girl.

It really will solve all your problems, I promise.

It solved mine. People don't mess with you when you can hold your own, The last thing you want to do is roll over. if you personally challenge her in any way, she will back down. and even if she doesn't, kick her butt.

yeah she expects you to keep getting upset about it. if you actually stand up for yourself and do something you could catch her offgaurd and she might faulter. then she'll be at her weakest.

Star-Dreamer-there could be many reasons she acts that way...she may be jealous of you as bacman said, she could be trying to control everybody and not liking you as you're not letting yourself be controlled, or she just may plain not like just because as Rena said. I sympathize with you that it must be incredibly tough in a class with only 7 people...it is hard to escape that. Unfortunately the best thing to do may be to just keep ignoring it and keep being nice to her. People change. And if they don't, things change and people move in and out of lives. It sounds like a crappy situation but resorting to violence or trying to rally other girls against her will just blow this thing up even further.

Hm, even with the whole long post it's a little difficult to know the situation.

If it's a small class it makes it rather hard to just ignore. Especially if it's making you this upset. But retaliating definitely won't help-

Would being overwhelmingly, sickeningly nice to her be possible at this point? Sometimes it confuses people enough that they leave you alone.

(I know that's the complete opposite of what everyone here suggested. And it is possible that being the Mean Girl might, possibly, maybe help- it did once for me- But first of all, you only get once chance. It either shocks her into leaving you alone or not, in which case it escalates- and since you're nice and she's not, she will win an escalation.

(And it is very possible to lose friends/get in trouble over it. Especially with girls, especially if most of the girls actually like her...)

How much longer do you have to be in school with this person? I don't mean for the year I mean in general.

Hey, you know, you better ignore her like what you did, but just not too leaving her(i'm afraid she'll dislike you more). Remember, you still have those other friends, keep them, if it had to, then sometimes you could be little-mean. How about herself? Does she have many friends as yours? If not, it's really obvious that she's jealous.and don't too be mean and don't talk too much behind her, it'll hurt her more and you know the consequens.

Be patient and try to socialize with her.

Good luck with her.

And you'll up to the 8th grade and maybe she'll be your classmate again,

really it's hard but try the way you think is the best for you and her....

Yeah so I have a girl in most of my classes. We used to be friends until she became "cool". She bragged about her birthday party, and dated one of my friends telling me he didn't want to be my friend anymore which I later found out, was a lie. She said that since I can't get my own boyfriend I go around trying to steal other people's which is totally not true. I am waiting for a REAL relationship. I'm not into drama. The girl, she sits across from me and her little friend said some awful things that I could actually sue him for. The school isn't doing mess and it's aggarvating me. I screamed at the girl and her friend, yeah but still. I am doomed to have them in my same class next year, too! She calls me stupid and mental. Man If I didn't have self control I would of kicked her in her butt!

One word of advice: You can always write to the Advice Columnists of the Amaranthian Times.

But here's what I can suggest: Ignore and forget all those derogatory things she is telling you. If you don't react to what this person says, she'll eventually stop.

This one is happening to me as well and now. My experience telling me to stay calm in any situation. Don't make argument or problem with her first cause it will make things worse. Who knows she will stop later.

It's an arts core class, and there is not a copy of it so I have no way. I keep on telling her that I know foreign languages and are clearly not stupid, but she says foreign languages are stupid. (It's clear she is the.. er... foolish one) She doesn't write stories. She can't speak 3 different languages. She can't fix computers. >.> Now that I think she seems jealous.

BTW, sorry about that KTC.