Aveyond Studios Community
Sign in to follow this  
shaz

Cottage/Collegium/Comments Cleanup - I WILL start banning!

Gold system should be removed(as i said before) from cottages(one of the reasons i haven't made cottage till now. I don't want "Welcome to AM" now lol)

Also maybe you should write it specially in hall of rule that "cottage Spamming and Collegium Spamming are wrong". *Goes and checks* umm...thought of adding "No Spamming" in Castle Amaranthia as some ppl SOMETIMES ONLY don't go to hall of rule. Just like this (Quotation)- 'A big Elephant attracts more attention than a Ant"

@kb: you can write whatever rule you want in large shiny blinking neon color bold letters, but people will still ignore them and spam like heck.

The c/c are ideal to spam because (i'm reiterating points from that thread) there's literally no way to track them. It gets you gold and the mods/admins can't trace it without slogging through pages of c/c. If the gold was at least tracked ie appeared on your profile post page, than it would be much easier to check instead of cross checking threads manually.

@arggie: like what? lol.

oo shaz dled the spammer. XP

Anyway, what about adding a 'report comment' link to the cottage system?

I remember sending a list of 100 links to comments by 1 or 2 persons that all said the exact same thing (ie, copy-pasted) on different cottages...

sadly it's faster to post all those comments than removing them so this doesn't solve much.

I do like Moony's purchase-a-cottage idea. If nothing else, it would reduce the sheer (growth of the) number of cottages that have to be policed.

'cept w/ a lower price tag imo but that's just me

We have a report button here in the forums, but the problem is that I don't know if anyone uses it. I mean, I used it many times before, until I found out that I have to PM a mod/admin first.

About the cottage buying idea, I am at the fence (although I have my own cottage, just needing a final solid construction) because I still cannot access the inventory/the shop. The idea is good, however.

How about reaching a certain gold requirement instead, like at around 800 gold, you can buy a cottage AND comment in the cottages?

Stardale wrote:

How about reaching a certain gold requirement instead, like at around 800 gold, you can buy a cottage AND comment in the cottages?

oh teh noes! all my hard work! lol

As for the report button, I've reported a thread or 2 at some point without pming a mod. I don't remember if it was an accident or not, but if it wasn't it was taken care of pretty quickly. (if it was, then I ended up pming the next one I saw online lol... but this was a long time ago. don't even remember which site but I know it was post-purple)

incidentally, my own cottage says in the title that the last update was in late jan. of last year. I have a "welcome to the neighborhood" comment from November of that same year.

Stardale wrote:

I think that Wolfie was shocked when he read this :D

He said that my idea of 100 gold price was high and he get right in his face 8 times bigger one XD

Come on, think about all those guilded members that worked hard and lost their gold with the site going down 2,5 years ago =)

@Wolfie I think that lower price would be ok, if the gold is removed from all places except forums (that includes games section, blog section, collegium, cottages etc.) . The price can be 50 gold coins, or even 30..cause the person won't be able to spam around and get the gold so easy.

So that way we'll stop those cottages and stop those spam comments...well at least we'll try :D

Umm isn't 800 golds a lil bit high? @_@

Lol 800 gold?? Thats really high lol. maybe he was just giving a idea. :evil: Oh btw did anyone ever wanted to live in a mansion or palace rather than cottage. (Joking joking jk.) Oh well, i think as ktc said, there is no stop to spamming. If it would be stopped at cottages than it would be somewhere else. Though spamming would surely reduce but theres no stop to it.

umm..How about a poll. That way we would know if Amaranthians want the gold system to be removed from cottages. Though i don't think that plan would also work as most ppl will deny. Though theres no problem in trying.

I am concerned only that it now sounds to me like for some people the main purpose of this website is to gather gp and such; and Pardon me, but that don't interest me. It is too bad that you have suffered an influx of riff-raff.

If you want to keep out the riff-raff you may be in for a long hard job of it. This is the internet after all. You may have to appoint an official babysitter.

One of the things that I have been very unclear on is who the moderator for a given forum is, and who to contact with questions. I don't even know what questions are appropriate. I would like to see the moderator posted more clearly.

Yes, fighting the riff-raff is a never ending battle. We just need to break out new tools every now and then.

If you look at the top of the main forum index, you'll see a list of the admins and moderators. Aside from the separate guild forums, every moderator has power over every forum.

Abby = Enchanters

Argoyle = W&W

Kinnison = Brotherhood

Pandaba = Druids

Tiniponi = Dragon Lords

Aislingyngaio = TEA ;)

I am the official babysitter :) And I do get a bit of a kick out of deleting a spammer's account ... while they're still online! :D

I vote for no gold from cottage/collegium comments. But perhaps Kbljkl is right, and most people would not like to see gold taken away from cottages. Perhaps a vote in the community is indeed needed, but I think that the vote should be among guilded members, who, as far as I can see, have no need to spam for gold, and might be a bit more impartial in that matter.

@Mae

While I do think guild members would be less impartial, I don't think it would be much better and it's not as, well, democratic (for lack of a better word). For something like this, I'm sure we'd need the input of everyone who gets affected by this if the "no gold for cottages/colligeum" rule is proposed.

Because although guild members might be a bit less biased, we're still very much biased. We have absolutely nothing to lose and a lot to win if the proposed rule actually goes through. For those who are not guilded yet, they have a lot to lose. To implement the rule without giving them at least a voice to express themselves regarding the matter seems unfair.

@Argoyle & connie

The only thing, though, is that some mods are more active than others ^^;; It's best to quickly check out a few forum threads and see which mods are still around regularly and send them messages if you have a problem. If you send a PM to an inactive mod, I doubt it will be addressed very soon.

@Aeternus: You're right. And I doubt that the spamming lot is that big, they just manage to do a lot of spamming per person. And even if there was a vote, the final decision would be made by the admins.

i'm not for the voting idea as, at any one point, there's only about 20?30? active people and they're usually the same ones.

Some people don't pop onto the boards for months and probably won't be able to participate in any vote thing. This would skew the votes.

@Mae and aeternus: i agree with both of u. Though if it would just be among guilded members then(as Aeternus said) it won't be democratic.

@Ktc: There is no other Democratic way. Of course admins can remove it without adding polls lol. I was just telling the democratic way. And as for "Activeness" in forum, i don't think that polls can ba added in cottages so no, we can't ask that in cottage so that spammers can give their opinion. Though in forums, still there are some ppl who can tell their opinion. Ppl come on this site and it doesn't matter how many ppl come. Who come, are Amaranthians and cottage issue considers Amaranthians. Though i agree that the poll should be set up in holidays so that more ppl can vote. As for ppl who don't log in for months, also don't goto cottage for months, thus for meanwhile we can still set it up.

Maybe the best idea is that Admins should remove gold system without polls. Whatever happens in poll, even after that, only Admins will decide what to do. So maybe we should leave it to Admins then.

@Aisling: I am also wondering the same thing. I don't remember if someone ever mentioned TEA forum lol.

@kbl: whoever said this forum is a democracy? It's not. To think otherwise is erroneous. We can chat and debate all we like, but the admins have the last word on everything.

We have been given a few good suggestions, and some of those have been suggested a number of times. It is simply a matter of seeing how difficult it would be to implement each one, then choose the best option. All the suggestions require having a PHP programmer available, which has been the main problem in the past.

I like the idea of no gold for posting in cottages.

I do not like the idea of having to have 800 gold to have a cottage.

I have been coming to this site for a long time and still have low gold points. It is not because I don't go to the forums (I read them every time I am on). But I do not comment unless I feel I have something important to say.

I am in chat a lot. If we collected gold points for every chat post I would be a gazillionaire!

So to say you need 800 gold to get a cottage would leave me out for a LONG time.

@Ktc: Exactly!! thats what i am also saying. But theres never any harm to ask ppl's opinions.

Quote-

"We can chat and debate all we like, but the admins have the last word on everything."

Quote ends.

Isn't that same as Presidency Democracy? A group of ppl decide which laws should be added or removed in democracy also.

@Shaz: Aah.Yeah! I remember now. You told about this problem when a user here asked for a separate forum like Spam Haven for Aveyond talks.

@Whoop: Exactly!! Those who don't spam on cottages much usually have less gold. Maybe 1000 gold is a lil high for guild. It should be 750 or 500 gold. if someone doesn't spam, he/she would have to wait for too loooong for membership.

Kbljkl wrote:

@Whoop: Exactly!! Those who don't spam on cottages much usually have less gold. Maybe 1000 gold is a lil high for guild. It should be 750 or 500 gold. if someone doesn't spam, he/she would have to wait for too loooong for membership.

But then, if it's not tough you would probably appreciate being guilded a lot less. Except for tea-lovers, of course :evil: