Aveyond Studios Community
Sign in to follow this  
daeva_agas

Dream of Chaos (Update: Chapter 3 rework 5 July 2011)

Your description of swordsinging reminded me of my description of swordsinging, lol.

I noticed many, many tense shifts. I could go back and find them but not now.

Nicely written.

@Blurble: The evilness of tense shifts :cry:

Wait, which part? You mean when Agas is doing his Boot Slappin Mara steps? Or the part where the sword is actually singing? Or... what?

-------------------------------------------

Random mention. I had to act out all detailed moves, i.e the Boot Slappin Mara steps and Saurva's whip-and-kick, before writing them because if I can't see it I can't write it. Which is why they are more detailed than the rest, because I actually acted them out and knew what actually went on there.

Hey guys, do you know that I can't stand writing fluff? Like, serious fluff? I can stand drawing fluff so easily, but not writing them. I would blush and giggle like an idiot every time I so much as try writing so.

Which is why Chapter 4 is dragging a bit longer than I intended. It contains minor fluff. So minor that it really shouldn't bother me but it IS. Bothering me. Like heck.

I totally zoom out and merely imply fluff whenever i get too embarrassed to write it.

and yeah, it's easier to draw than write. writing it you feel like a goof.

Writing is just feel so WRONG whichever way you go >___< Third person POV, I feel like I'm peeping in on someone else's private moments. First person POV, I feel like I'm writing perverted fantasies. Either way doesn't work! Kinda makes me wonder how in the world I managed to write Agas and Saurva making out, but that's way beside the point.

Lol, don't over react D_agas. Okay why don't you Close your eyes, breathe in deeply, breathe out slowly stare at the paper think: "This is all part of life. Get used to it!!" write, then crack yourself laughing of your own chappyness...

Or you can do like me ignore all of that and just mentalize urself that it's fiction and you can do EVERYTHING you want in fiction ^^. EVERYTHING!! O.O...

Paper? You mean "MSWord Document"? XD

THing is, the fluff isn't even remotely as fluffy as sparkly as what I wrote for the yaoi fanfic and I managed to do THAT yet I can't stand writing THIS. Oh well.

I'm now just being random for the sake of being random, but I need to rant about this.

Random daeva trivia that has very much to do with the plot!!!!

I noticed that in the game the daevas are sort of elemental-based in their attacks. Nanghaithya is nature, Zarich is darkness, Tawrich is thunder-disease, Indra is ice, and Saurva is fire.

We oldies (old Amaranthia lurkers) have always been under the impression that Agas specializes in Time magic because he loves his Time Storm so darn much, but it was AESMA who is actually the time master. Aesma's attacks consist of Time Storm, Trance, and if I'm not mistaken, Gate Exura. Those are all Time Master spells. Also, he/she/it is also the most effective against wyverns, who are most weak against Time spells.

Agas' powers is a mish-mash of loads of stuff and I now see why he's Ahriman's first choice of daeva. More skills = more power to ya. He does Time Storm (Time Master), Soul Song (Necromancer), is most effective against Angels who are weak against Annihilator spells so I assume he has Annihilator skills somewhere, and we also see him do a fireball (or a spell that looks like a fireball - darn Aveyond's limited spell animations) in the prologue/intro. Yes, Agas being super special awesome is CANON.

Those are major plot points, guys. I thought I'd infodump it to you now to save myself from ranting about it again in the future.

Dear lord, I had to break even THIS in half. Chapter 4 part A, go!

And we get more Agas time, because he insisted on it. That screentime hog.

Anyways, without further ado, I present to you the first half of the final chapter of the Prelude arc. It's the End of the Beginning... *eerie music plays in the background*

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Prelude 4

He didn't have the time to even think that he was probably a rare-baked daeva by now. He would soon be under attack again and he was currently in no position to do anything.

Agas cast Healing on himself. The pain lessened slightly, but not enough. He cast the spell again. And again.

He was in the middle of his fifth Healing when an arrow struck his side, very narrowly missing his still-tender wound. A second one hit his shoulder as he hastily scrambled out of the way.

“Reality Shift!” he shouted, just as three more arrows hit him.

A shimmering fog engulfed the group. Judging from how thin the fog looked – it was almost see-through – he knew that the spell wasn't quite as strong as it usually was, but it should distract his opponents for long enough for him to heal and...

Wait.

Nobody said he had to stay in the shrine.

He kicked himself inwardly. Why didn't I think about it before? It would make everything so much easier!

He healed himself a few more times until he felt significantly stronger, then bolted out the door.

Now he needed a place where he could hide himself, but still be able to watch the group. He looked around. There were some trees nearby, but not quite dense enough to hide him, especially since his blue armour stood out in stark contrast with the pink and purple of the foliage.

Ah, the roof!

The shrine's roof was ornately decorated with intricate carvings, creating plenty of nook and cranies; a perfect hiding place.

Usually he would have considered scaling up the shrine's wall manually a fun challenge, but this is not time for leisure. He warped himself to the rooftop...

... and nearly fell off the moment he set foot on it. He flailed his arms and tried to grab on to one of the carvings, but it wouldn't hold. He managed to jab his sword into the dome-like structure of the roof right before he toppled over and this time it broke his fall.

That was very close. He sighed in relief. He wasn't about to die from something as ridiculous as falling off a roof, especially not after all the trouble he went through to get to this point.

After he finally managed to balance himself, he carefully extricated his sword from the roof and settled down. He felt strangely weakened again. That was odd. He had just healed himself not a few moments ago. Well, he'd have to think about it later.

His armour has cooled down, so that was one less problem to take care of, but he still had the sword wound and the arrows to deal with. Two had struck less covered areas, so those were easier to pull out...

Wait, what?

Only elven weapons could pierce a demon's armour. These arrows were obviously not elven arrows, so how could it have injured him?

He gritted his teeth and slowly pulled out one of the arrows. He healed the wound and held up the arrow for examination.

The arrow had a jagged and irregular head. That was strange. Unless...

He wiped off the blood coating the arrowhead with his gloves. His suspicions were confirmed when he saw the elvish runes on the jagged metal. The arrowhead was a shard of an elven rapier. He remembered how he had shattered two elven rapiers earlier. Someone must have picked up the shards while he was fighting Saurva and somehow attached it to the arrows.

That explained why he felt so weak. Elven weapons were almost like poison to demons, draining them of energy and strength.

Well this sucks. They really are smarter than Ahriman gave them credit for.

Not too long afterwards, he heard noises coming from inside the shrine. The group had broken free from the spell. He flattened himself against the dome-like structure of the roof and peered down.

The paladin was the first one to emerge from the shrine, waving around his sword violently.

“That damned coward!” he shouted, “Just wait until I get my hands on him!”

“Calm down, please. He is still nearby.”

That was the sun guardian.

“Really?” the green-haired sorcerer asked skeptically, “How do you know that?”

“His presence is still strong. He can't be far.”

Agas bit out a curse. How could he have forgotten that the sun guardian could detect daevas' presence? The druid had to be incapacitated.

“Nightmare Ambush!” he whispered.

He stayed only to make sure the spell had worked, then warped down from the roof and made a big production of running away from the shrine, making sure that at least someone from the group noticed him.

As he ran, he wondered why he didn’t just use Motion Freeze, which would have been just as effective, and why he was bothered at the great satisfaction he felt upon hearing the sun guardian scream in agony.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Agas is a big dork. He has idiot-moments aplenty, such as nearly falling to his death off the roof.

I am so tired >____< The vampires are not very good addition to the company. They drive me insane because they make my relevant muses slack off and do weird things (I think there is a new Stalker Society set up in the household). 3 guesses who are the members. Now if you'll excuse me, I have to see how the Arctic Fox for my new menagerie is coming along. I only have the bat done and I still have 5 more animals to take care of.

That last bit caused me to want to yell "Because you're a goddamn DEMON, idiot!" at him. It doesn't go with what I wanted it to convey and it's retarded, so I just edited it. Really, that part was rather lame.

Wow, someone's still reading this? I feel flattered.

I wonder if Agas will be less awesome in subsequent chapters... In this major break I took, in which I went exploring to Underland and brought Gyendal home, the daevas seem to take a slight change in their personality. I try to keep things the way it has been, but sometimes the change is just there and I cannot handle it.

When I write, I "let the characters act it out". I just think up of a situation and sort of let things flow on its own... I wish myself luck...

Oh, there are more to read soon, of course. "How soon" would be the problem. Agas is too busy having fun with his new friend right now and Rhen is busy hiding from the both of them. I can't set the "battle mood" up.

i still read this ^^ And don't worry alot of people just let their characters "act it out" :P it happens, and it's also hard to keep a characters personality unchanged throughout a story, expecially when you have so many versions

It's not the "me letting my characters act it out" that's the problem. It's "how they will act it out" that is the problem. Fortunately, OUD-Agas is not so much different than how he's taken to acting right now so it's no biggie. I mean, what changed was that Agas is less bratty and is more serious and quiet. That's NOT a problem HERE because I DON'T need him to act like a moronic brat.

Some six months later this story is half-dead. Damn Gyendal.

I recently wrecked my daevas AGAIN and I really need to rework some of the things because dangit every time I tinker with the daevas Agas always is the one who ends up getting wrecked so far beyond recognition. And since we also have Saurva somewhere in the scene I have to deal with that too.

I'm not abandoning this story, because it's my personal Aveyond canon, buuuut... Life sucks and I can't write.

I'm too lazy to baleet the comic pages, even though they could no longer apply >.< Since, you know, Agas doesn't look like that anymore.

Retitled this mess and did an edit on chapter 3 to make it fit my current band of daevas. Seriously, Zarich and sparkles do not go together anymore.

Agas is not that big of a snark and Saurva looks different now. Not that my current set (stripper daevas FTWhut) is gonna be any help.

I don't think anyone's still reading this. I may well be spamming my own stories for nothing.

Chapter 4 in a nutshell

Agas: I sort of just got my butt kicked.

*gets stabbed by arrows*

Agas: That hurts a lot, you know. Reality Shift!

Hero Party: YIIIIIIII!!!

Agas: Why am I sitting in this shrine waiting to be beaten up like a moron? Maybe because I am one *runs out*

Agas: I go bumble around stupidly some more until I have to do whatever the next stage of my unnecessarily-elaborate plan requires me to do.