Aveyond Studios Community
Sign in to follow this  
Kinnison

Three weeks, what to do?

I just finished my third semester examination an hour ago and I've been given three weeks break.

I wanted to get my desktop fixed but my mother doesn't allow me to. Plus, I have no idea what had happened to my computer. My brother told me this morning that the AC for the laptop had busted as well (All of a sudden)

What am I going to do? I'm limited to only my home and I've got no other communication gadget to talk with anyone. All of my family except me had to work everyday and leaving me alone at home.

Should I persuade my mother to give me some money to get my desktop fixed...The hard way?

Even if it kills me to do that...

bong.gif

wow, that's not good.. but surely you'd better try and ask for some money to fix the desktop. and if you mother is still against it, then you may try explain why it's so important fot you.

/rant

Its quite depressing as my family ignores me most of the time. Just because I have no working experience and I don't make money for the family, they decide to put me at home and take care of the house choirs.

I use the computer for my game project and talking to my friends. I'm just sick of being ignored by my parents and siblings, thats why you see me here more often.

bong.gif

I hope you can get it fixed and keep coming Kinnison. With young people I always considered school was their job. If they got the good grades it was the same as doing a good job at work.;)

Kinnison, I know what you mean about the house chores. It happens in my family as well. If you can, get a part-time job. Trust me, it'll earn you the money, look good on your CV, get over the working block that school-goers have (don't wait until you're older like me, waiting until I finish university, because the more you wait, the harder it'll be for you to kickstart your working life), and let your family know that they can't just assume that you'll be around forever taking care of the house.

Hey Kinny, I wanted to give you the same advice as Aisling since I read it :lol:

I don't know how old you are, BUT, when I was 16, I began to give private lesson to children who need some to ease their studies (german in my case). Perhaps you can do something equivalent or work on Saturday in a "Mc Donald" or something like that, just to have some money you've earned and proove your parents and siblings you can do something else than "playing" on computers...

Don't take that the bad way, I'm just saying you what most of people who doesn't like computer think about us.

For example, my husband doesn't understand at all that I can spend so much time here talking with you all and preparing things for people I don't even know the face ;) As he works on computer all the day long - and so do I in fact - and doesn't like that so much, he doesn't understand that I can take pleasure being on it a big part of the evening and week-end...

You seems to be very good with these things and perhaps, as far as I know that schools begin to introduce computer rudiments as lessons, you should perhaps find something to do with that, or not ?

I don't want to bore everybody with all my ideas about it, but if you want, feel free to PM me and we can talk about that :)

Well try persuading your parents. It takes two hands to clap but you've gotta start asking first.

Worst come to worst, indulge in some reading and thinking. I don't know about you, but I can sit there and think about philosophical issues all day long.

Yeah yeah what you are saying is true!

Its the same for me too!

Looks like we have something common!

My parents would never even lend me some money for upgrading my PC!

Sometimes i understand when they have hard times soometimes!

some times my parents think that PC is another wastefull way of spending money!

Its good thing for me that i have a part time job, i wouldnt be disturbing my parents anymore!

The best thing i can say it to you is get a part time job in the field ur really good at!

or(if only no option, but not the least one!)

I'll always have a bet with my father on something!

Sometimes it work, but sometimes it doesnt! :lol:

Yeah we know not the real table!

I hope u werent doing that on with ur computer desk as same asvwhat u pasted a gif file a while ago!

The man in the gif almost hitted a 4000 times per minute! what a record! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: !!