Aveyond Studios Community
Sign in to follow this  
Pandaba

Where'd everyone go?

It seems like we don't have as many members online like we used to. I'm not sure if it's because of school or that the site has changed so much that people are turned off by it and are leaving. These days there are more guests online than members. Anyone know why? Has this happened before?

I was here a while ago, then school started and I wasn't able to play as much, but I'm back now. I had to re-register cause it said I didn't exist anymore. I thought that was weird cause I've been here for a while.

I think there are always more guests than members. I think a lot of people ghost and just log in to post. I know I certainly do that sometimes... :guilty:

Still, I know what you mean. Recently it seems like things have been getting really quiet, sometimes.

EDIT:

@dc6289: Ah, yes... That's because the site crashed in January. We lost everything and have been slowly rebuilding. Everyone has had to create new accounts. Welcome back!

There have always been more guests than members online as far as I remember... But the site has seemed empty and slow already sice it was rebuilt in the end of January. I'm still hoping that members who haven't reregistered yet eventually will :blink:

I guess... Though I would think that people who regularly came to the site before the crash would have come back by now.

I just don't want to see the site die off ;_;

I tried to run away... but Amanda captured me and I'm currently held in a cage in the basement... hands locked to a laptop with a list of bugs to fix... ;)

You guys don't know what "slow" and "quiet" really is.

Long long time ago in the blue/purple forums when I logged in at night, my time, I would be the only one online because there were so few people from around my time zone and I only managed to see a few other members when I logged in in the afternoon.

Even then, it was already a miracle to have more than 8 people logged in. The usual ranged from 3-5. Now I easily see more than 10. :roll:

@Bryce: :laughing:

@Pandaba: I don't think it's about to die off. There are a lot of people here putting a lot of effort into games and stories and RPs and contests -- not to mention starting new guilds ;) . One of things that I love about this site is that there are so many ways for people to add to the community here. :awww:

Come hang out in the Hungry Boar Tavern. There's a lot of great stuff going on there. :)

@Hui: Wow. That must have been a very different feeling. Seems like there are a lot of people in your time zone now. I love learning more about some of the different cultures of people who come to this site.

Well, ya, many Asians and Southeast Asians have joined the past year, notably, but I am unfamiliar to most of them... these things will take time...

it may also be because I'm logging in at whee hours of the night ever since I have become an undergrad. It is nearing 2AM here now. >_> and I have a lesson that starts at 8am, and I take 2 hours to go to school.........

Before anyone kills me, I admit I should probably go sleep now. Nights all :awww:

Yeah, that sounds like a typical undergrad schedule. :D

Nite Hui!

I've been on Amaranthia for almost 4 years, and it does go through cycles of quiet and busy. We're just in a quiet spell.

Commiserations, Bryce XD Now I know why you slam chocolates in front of her LOL

I'm with Hui. Sometimes when I log in I'll be the only one there, or one of three/four. It's gratifying to see that sometimes there are nigh on twenty users online at the same time.

Thanks for posting about this. I didn't actually pay attention to the number of guests against the number of members but as you said Pandaba, I think some people got turned off after the crash. I remember we used to have a lot more interesting topics than now. I'm not that talkative person but before the crash I was very excited to post and know everybody but then I went back to zero :P

But then again I’m so glad that a lot of the members who I enjoy their presence and their posts are still here.

Yeah...thats true!!

We can see lot of guests instead of members login!!

Or some member sometime might enter as guest to check out! who knows!!

But it doesnt mean this site's gonna die or anything.

It could be just peoples got so much of work to do!!

Sometimes i was unable login often because of my work and studies i had!!

I was unable to login for some week because of an injuiry!!

And yeah i agree with Hui and Aislingyngaio, sometimes i will be the only one when i enter here at AMARANNTHIA and most of them are guests!

I'm on most of the day... so it seems really slow to me. :roll: But looking at the amount of activity per hour... it's really not quiet per se... maybe just quieter than we got accustomed to. The HBT however.... is more active than I had been- it's harder to keep your updated story in the public eye.

I'm on... but that doesn't mean I'm actively ON if you get what I mean :P I tend to leave am open and forget I have it open.

As for slowness: naw, this is usual imo. Nothing to worry about. Goes in cycles, like the stock market ;) Sometimes get lots of people, sometimes it's a ghost kingdom.

I've noticed it is a little quieter than usual too. But i think there is a lot of school crunching going on right now that is slowing many people down. I'm sure it will pick up soon.:)

@Brycej Shhhh!!Here's a picnic basket full of goodies, keep up the good work and maybe she'll let you out for Christmas. ;)

Sometimes people feel like posting and sometimes they don't. That's the way it goes sometimes. Many times, like CherryWine, I don't even log in unless I have something to add to the conversation.

I'm also with Hui. I remember being the only one logged on at times a couple of years ago. It's all good, people will come when they want to come.

I remember when the site went down and we had to go to that other site, which was very confusing to me, so I waited. Then someone bought me Grimm's Hatchery and saw who made it and was drawn back. I've had the game for 1 month and still can't beat it. But anyways, I'm glad that the site is back up.

@MarianFrae: I totally agree about the Tavern. It's a lot more active than I remember on the last site. My stories often fall to the second page before anyone comments at all. Sometimes they fall to the second page within a couple of hours! :o

I admit it....I'm a ghost. My eyes dont look at a computer very well (Headaches are a common result), and I'm a little pressed for time these days. But I'll still haunt the forums in the dead of night....

@purplefire:

Well yes thats true, like what i do!!

I dont post much eventhough iam here at most of the time!

Sometimes i will be logged in more than 7 hours in here at AMARANTHIA (but thats only at saturdays and sundays, only sometimes!) but i dont post much, i'll spend most of the time in my cottage and PM friend most of the time!

And i dont post much on topic that i dont know about it!

like one of the topic about aaaa...phillipines and its ways of corrupt government somewhere!!!....i guess!!!

mmmm..is it philliphines?

I log in here every week day and sometimes also at weekends, and on some days I even spend here hours... But not posting much recently, also it is that I have several different tabs opened and do more things when I'm on the net, and always at times dropping in back to Am to see if there's something new.

i guess it's just busy time for most members. it's not something new. it happened before... don't worry, people will turn up again soon. :) especially when there's something new ;)

I missed you guys :)

Something really bad happend to me so I just wasn`t in a mood for chating & having fun in our kingdom so that`s the reason why I disappeared for a week.

I`m glad to see you all:)

Hey MoonPrincess, I hope you are feeling better now. It's good to see that you're more comfortable with coming to Amaranthia now. Be Well. :)