Developer: Strangeluv

Boxart.png

Playtime: About 7 Hours

"Main Theme" composed by C.S. Vallero

CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD THE FULL GAME!

persia-rabbit.gif

-----------------

~ PLOT ~

A normal day in the serene village of Everdale. School's just been let out. The village is preparing for a birthday party. Mr. Ronedale has lost his chickens. Mrs. Apricot is baking a pie. And little Danais is consigned by his sister Farrah to buy a b'day present. Enter Skarsgaard, a local thief consigned by his boss to raid this serene village.

And then everything gets thrown into disarray. Danais is missing. Farrah has to go out in search of him and they end up in a town very far away from home! How are they going to get back? To make things more complicated, in comes a band of pirates, headed by Captain Grizzlybeard who is in a mid-life crisis, arrives in the port town. And the Mayor is suffering a migraine from demands from the townspeople: a clown needs cheering up, a young boy needs help wooing a girl, a shaman needs his monkeys returned, a thief needs to be caught, a merchant needs to be protected, and so much more!

How are Danais and Farrah going to find their way home in the midst of all this insanity?!

-----------------

~ WHAT TO EXPECT ~

- A mildly tweaked battle system that includes a "Charge" and "Double Charge" system.

- Avoidable wandering encounters instead of random encounters.

- Some custom-made music tracks.

- Loads of minigame-oriented gameplay, including fishing, knife-throwing, balloon-popping.

- "Quest log"-styled gameplay in the second half. Just think about Bomber's Notebook from Majora's Mask.

- One vibrant town in the second half instead of many towns, with many colourful characters you will need to interact with.

- A day/night system to accompany this town.

- Map system and Teleport system.

- A complete game with over 7 hours of gameplay.

-----------------

~ TRAILER ~

~ ARTWORK AND SCREENSHOTS~

AHFAchars.PNG

b2.JPG

Matey3.JPG

ZField3.PNG

B3.PNG

j4.PNG

Copy_of_F6.PNG

F11.PNG

ZField5.PNG

-----------------

~ DOWNLOAD LINK ~

Download here!

Please feel free to comment or write a review!

Thank you ^_^ Glad you enjoyed it! Actually, I edited this version here, making some of the games easier after former complaints of the Fairy Estuary swimming stage and the Birdie Balloon Pop being too difficult.

Hope everyone enjoys the game!

I've played this game before and loved it. I didn't get so far because of the swimming so I gave up. I do intend to give it a second chance but pls tell me if there's a way to skip that puzzle cause if there isn't I don't want to waste my time.

MoonPrincess: There isn't a way to skip it, but I mentioned earlier that I made the swimming parts and some of the other mini-games easier.

Ivana: Yes, just paste the OPTRM2K.FON (the file should be right there before the RPG_RT) into your Fonts folder. C:/Windows/Fonts, I believe. It'll install automatically.

I am stuck in Azule Gorge. I die every time because of fishes. Any advices? And i am also leaving the coins for the sake of energy. Still its very hard. Any way to get out of azule gorge?

woohooo - I'm stuck in the gorge too. I've asked Strangeluv if it would be possible to make it a bit easier by providing a map without the blue eddies (it's that which kills me each time) and I think that might happen. In the meantime, I've gone on to something else. I died so many times over several hours of trying (spread out over 3 days) that I got too frustrated to carry on. Don't think my reflexes will ever be fast enough, no matter how often I practice it.

Well, I got a save file soon after that point... if anyone wants it lemme know :) You'll just miss a bit as you can't save immidiately after the gorge (I saved at the 1st place possible, Farrah's home).

Here's what happens after that minigame - the current gets stronger and Danias hits a rock and gets swept away. Then you find yourself playing as Farrah, standing outside Pinkcloves house thinking, "I don't want to disrupt the party... And I guess dragging the whole lot of people would not be much use either. He must've washed along Azule Gorge... He should be fine, father taught him how to swim. If I take the Golden Road Terrace to the north, I could reach the river banks. I should tell someone where I'm going, though. I'll tell Minka, just in case I return a bit late in the morn." Then you need to head to Minka's house (Rivenson Residence) and talk to her to advance.

As for tips, all I can say is that it's all about reflexes and practice. Also, pressing two directional keys together (like down and right) at tricky points would be helpful. Good luck! =)

Wow! I actually can't believe i passed Azule gorge. I just needed a little practice. I did it in a try. Maybe i was just feeling sleepy at that time when i tried last time. I shouldn't play games at 1:00 pm of night lol.

woohooo wrote:

Wow! I actually can't believe i passed Azule gorge. I just needed a little practice. I did it in a try. Maybe i was just feeling sleepy at that time when i tried last time. I shouldn't play games at 1:00 pm of night lol.

Oh, I was just about to upload the no-whirlpool version! Good to know you passed it! Hope nothing else gives you so much trouble.

Pandaba wrote:

Wow, what a huge game! @_@ How long did it take you to make this?

About a year and a half, I'd say.

I have a question. When Farrah arrives at the party she says she will "ask around" to see if anyone has seen Danias. I talked to everybody but no one gives me any hint where he could be. When I head towards the woods Farrah says " No use going there"

Did I miss something?

Suigintou wrote:

I have a question. When Farrah arrives at the party she says she will "ask around" to see if anyone has seen Danias. I talked to everybody but no one gives me any hint where he could be. When I head towards the woods Farrah says " No use going there"

Did I miss something?

At the party, talk to the girl named Minka (blue dress in lower left table). She walks away and goes back to her house, which is somewhere near to the school (you will see an arrow pointing to the house's door) and talk to her there. Then you can head back into the woods. Seems UntoldReveries beat me to it, though! Lol.

If I have time, I might write a full walkthrough for the game.

Thanks for playing the game, btw!