Aveyond Studios Community
Sign in to follow this  
Strangeluv

Strangeluv - A Home Far Away

Have you rescued Danais from the clown yet? Once you've done that, you need to meet the mayor, IIRC. He'll give you a quest log... his office is in the northern part of the town.

PS: Please post in the respective game topic henceforth. :)

@mods: It's for the game "A Home far away"

@monipsych: Yes, you will get it after you retrieve Danais from the clown's cabin in Woodluck Forest. And when you do get it, it can be accessed via the item menu.

@UntoldReveries: Check your pm's, please :)

I am so aggravated with the serpents at the Great Rain Tree. I can not get past them. I thought I had it figured out when to move and the second time I moved it didn't work. I love RPG's but when they are so difficult you can't advance it isn't worth it. Is there a trick to it besides waiting for the lightning flashes because that isn't working?

A Home far Away.

As in all the minigames in this game, timing it right is the key. Stay just one step below the eyes and be ready to move up as the soon as the lightning flashes. At some tricky points where you have to avoid the serpents eyes plus the moths but can't manage both, I think it's better to get hit by the moths cause the eyes drop you a couple of steps down and you've to attempt to cross again (and thus end up losing more health).

Just takes a bit of practice to get the hang of it :)

Sorry I've tried and tried but I am stuck in Azule Gorge. I die every time because of fishes...for someone who has issues with hands this one is impassable...You lose 2/3rd of your health on the 3 fishes before you get to Skarasgard (sorry about the spelling) then you need to be rather nimble with your finger to succeed which I'm not....Help....

http://rpgmaker.net/users/Strangeluv/locker/Save04.lsd

This is a save file for just after Azule Gorge. Just copy and paste it in your A Home Far Away folder. Danais hits his head on a rock while swimming and drifts away. Farrah then talks to Minka and tells her she will go through Golden Road Terrace to find him.

What you have to do from here is go north of the village and you will end up in Golden Road Terrace.

P.S. Anyone speak Portuguese? :)

AHFAreview.png

Courtesy some Brazilian magazine.

Translation is a bit rough, but I hope gives an accurate flavour of the review.

This game has a very thrilling plot and it tries an unusual history (= story) without involving magical beings or things like that. Beyond the script, the systems are very helpful, the maps are almost perfect, the sprites enrich/delight the eyes and the interactions with the NPCs are really important for the plot and the progress of the game. Everyone should experience, therefore, what is a great/excellent project.

I can't quite get the interaction with the NPCs bit which talks about "contains". Brazilian Portugese is a bit different from European Portugese, and then again, there's always a difference between usage in different genres of print, so it could be something very specific.

Hi Strangeluv! i am also stuck for months in the Azule Gorge!! i clicked on the link and downloaded the save but when i open the game the only save i find is one in the house way before the Azule gorge! What do i do wrong? please help! :cry: :help:

Once you download and put the save file in the game folder, start the game and load save 4. Yes, you'll find yourself in your house (coz that's the only save point available in the village) and it may seem like it's from an earlier point but it's not.

[Here's what happens after the gorge: The current gets stronger and Danias hits a rock and gets swept away. Then you find yourself playing as Farrah, standing outside Pinkcloves house thinking, "I don't want to disrupt the party... And I guess dragging the whole lot of people would not be much use either. He must've washed along Azule Gorge... He should be fine, father taught him how to swim. If I take the Golden Road Terrace to the north, I could reach the river banks. I should tell someone where I'm going, though. I'll tell Minka, just in case I return a bit late in the morn." Then she heads to Minka's house (Rivenson Residence) to inform her that'll she'll be heading to Golden Road Terrace.]

I checked the save, it's alright. So, just head north of the village to the Golden Road Terrace. Hope that helps! :)

it's me again! i wonder if you have to complete all the quests in order to get back home..i am having trouble with the boulder puzzle coz i get stuck inside a background rock..i am sure it is a glitch..and the mushroom puzzle is hard but i admit i havent tried enough times..so, anyone knows about the quests? :)

Yes, you must complete all the quests to get back home. In retrospect, I wish I made it so that you only had to complete 3/4 of the quests but you have to complete all. If you're getting trouble, I can always try my best to help.

As for the boulder puzzle, do you mean the one in the caves? If you get stuck, press "Shift" and the boulder reverts to its original position. Thanks a lot for playing :)

thanks a lot strangeluv!! in the cave i get stuck when i walk past some spikes, it is a narrow passage and i find myself like inside the background rock..directional arrows and esc dont work on this and i have to start the puzzle over!!! nevermind i ll try to get a lot of practice with the puzzles and i am sure i can make it sometime in the future coz taking care of my baby really delays my progress on the game XD

But thank you anyway! :)

I LOVE this game and am about 90% done, but I am stuck on the stupidest thing. I cannot for the life of me figure out where the third vagrant is - the hungry one who needs a gingerbread man.

I have been looking for hours! I suspect that kicks something into action, because I also can't find "Scott and Anaya peering over a cliff".

I should explain that I have some eyesight issues and cannot see the night screens clearly . . .

Thanks for your help!

Katiezorro

PS Strangeluv. Are you writing new games? You have a great talent for this!