Aveyond Studios Community
Sign in to follow this  
Argoyle

A Gypsy's Tale Is Here!

I tried a few minutes of the demo and enjoyed it. I love all the artwork - it's beautiful! Unfortunately, I'll have to purchase it later. I have no money xD

(Moving out for the first time is expensive! Too many things to buy with so little money!)

Please advise your fans of Amaranth Games that Gypsy's Tale is NOT an RGP.

All this hype about how beautiful it is and how it is #4, 5 ... whatever -----> BUT it is not an RPG (as in the Aveyond series).

It's my fault ... as I should have played it for an hour ... and then, of course, I would have immediately realized this game is some sort of interactive puzzle game. Money is sent and I have this new kind of game that I have never played.

Soooooo... be sure and tell the public ... before they do what I did (blindly rushed out and purchased it sight unseen) because I "assumed" it was the usual kind of game in the Aveyond series ...

OK ... b'bye for now (and I bought the Strategy Guide also). MY carelessness....

hmm, I'm sorry that you bought a game that you don't want to play, but it's not because we failed to make clear that it wasn't an RPG.

From the beginning of development, we've given an overview of the game, screenshots and progress updates, here and on facebook, and have tried to make it very clear that it's not an RPG like the Aveyond series. I'm sorry if you missed all of that information as well as buying the game without playing the demo.

If you're REALLY unhappy about it, you can send an email to support@amaranthia.com - or you could just play it and maybe discover a new genre that you might enjoy ;)

Also, note that this is not Amaranth's first non-RPG. Grimm's Hatchery and Yummy Drink Factory are not RPGs. (Amaranth has been doing a RPG-Casual-RPG-Casual... release pattern lately)

So, yes, everyone make sure you read up on these games before you purchase them.

Argoyle wrote:

#3 HOG and #4 overall on BFG! w00t!

Well, there's a dilemma.. We want to push gypsy's tale up to #1 on BFG.. but we want to support Amaranth games and be eligible for updates by buying it here.. therefore leaving the count at BFG lower by one for each person that buys it here.

I like the game very much.

@GO-rikki: If you go to the Gypsy's Tale page you'll see at the top of the page the following line:

"Download Games » Adventure » A Gypsy's Tale: The Tower of Secrets"

The only way we can top that mention/warning is to have neon warning signs flashing on every Amaranth produced, non-RPG pages (which I think would be annoying and an eyesore). Besides, whatever happened to "Caveat emptor"? (spence taught me this one XD)