Aveyond Studios Community
Sign in to follow this  
Jayshe

World Cup

@mopiece:

I don't get the time argument: If you're gonna be sitting there watching a game for 2 1/2+ hour, seriously what is an extra 1/2 - 3/4 of an hour?

Sounds like a pretty weak argument to me. Sides, I don't think stadiums have multiple baseball games in succession on the same day so its not like extending the time would cut into other people's games.

A little time for checking bad calls sounds like a fair trade off to me.

Than again, I don't really understand sports in general so perhaps I'm looking at it too much from an outsider's perspective who really doesn't see how technology would ruin the game.

Unlike swimming wear tech suits can ruin a swim due to the unfairness of pitting a tech suit vs a regular, much like techy-steroids.

@jayshe: so yay or nay? can't tell if its just whining or if there's seriously something wrong with the ball. I mean, its specs look solid and Fifa did choose it lol.

Offtopic but its too funny not to show (or is my off humor showing?):

With refs like these, who needs the rival team? rofl!

@KTC

It's not my argument. It's just what I've heard from people who don't want it. I, like you, don't see the big deal of an extra time when baseball is already a long game.

If I was that player, I'd be pretty upset with the ref.

Replays will interrupt the flow of the game. Take for example the England- Germany line goal that would have equalised it. Just 10 seconds after that Germany almost goaled.

P.S England lost 4-1. They have no right to complain as they were outplayed so bad that it was like old people against adults

P.P.S Why do people call germans "Nazis"?

Germans may have been Nazis but they are now Germans so people should stop spreading hate

People who are ignorant call German Nazis. A lot of people don't realize not every German was a Nazi. It's the same kind of people who use racial slurs.

@theone:

Nazi: cuz people have a limited offensive word list and can't be bothered to match the correct slur to the person their slurring? lol.

Look at youtube arguments, you're bound to see a homosexual or a black slur somewhere even if the person they're insulting isn't gay or black.

nazi discussion? seems to be getting way off topic....

Anyways, here's two videos that are more World Cup related that made me giggle.

- love the description on this one
You hear it everywhere: in your living room, at the bar, at work, everywhere. Its incessant drone haunts you even as you sleep. The VUVUZELA. Unless you've been living in a cave the last two weeks, you've had to endure its infuriating BZZZZZ filling every last second of game play during the 2010 World Cup in South Africa. Its horrid insectoid squawking has even prompted calls that the "traditional" instrument be banned from stadiums, or at least filtered out of television broadcasts.

In other words, it's a bad time to be a vuvuzela. But fear not, fair vuvuzela. We have found the perfect use for you.

nazi discussion? seems to be getting way off topic....

Anyways, here's two videos that are more World Cup related that made me giggle.

- love the description on this one
You hear it everywhere: in your living room, at the bar, at work, everywhere. Its incessant drone haunts you even as you sleep. The VUVUZELA. Unless you've been living in a cave the last two weeks, you've had to endure its infuriating BZZZZZ filling every last second of game play during the 2010 World Cup in South Africa. Its horrid insectoid squawking has even prompted calls that the "traditional" instrument be banned from stadiums, or at least filtered out of television broadcasts.

In other words, it's a bad time to be a vuvuzela. But fear not, fair vuvuzela. We have found the perfect use for you.

@mizzou: rofl!

gandalf: that's some pretty clean editing. Wonder what program they used O.o! Funny as heck.

agree with mopiece bout not knowing what's funnier. (though I agree with the comment that it needed more vuvuzela XD)

I usually don't watch entire games/matches, so I don't really have anything to form an opinion regarding the ref/replay issue.

As far as countries coming together... I don't know how this goes in other countries, but having lived in Brazil and in the US, I've noticed a huge difference around the time of the World Cup. In Brazil, whenever Brazil has a match, everybody gets off work and school early. And by "early," I mean early enough to beat traffic and get home before the match starts. People invite their friends over to watch the game, or they get together at bars and whatnot. For any LA people out there... think of it as the Lakers winning, minus the car burning and other barbaric behavior.

Wolfie... I don't know about Germany making it into the semi-finals. Both Argentina and Germany have been doing really well, but as much as it pains me to say this, I think Argentina is going to win this one.

So did anyone watch the two quarter-finals today? I was a bit surprised that Brazil lost but hey, that's how it goes sometimes. Though, the end of the Uruguay - Ghana game was painful. Ghana was so close but couldn't make the PK (that handball was a cheap shot) and lost in the shootout.

The quarter finals had some surprises for sure. The Netherlands played very well and Brazil missed many goals they normally would get.

I had to go to work just as the Uruguay- Ghana game went into overtime, but both teams played fairly well and the semis should be pretty fun to watch.

That's that. Looks like Spain did it! But I HATE this final...! The way they played was terrible! I mean the no. of yellow cards!!! '-_-'

I wasn't impressed with the final. The Germany-Uruguay game was much more interesting. I was amused when the crowd booed every time the one Uruguay player got near the ball.

From what I saw most of the yellow cards were warranted, quite a few were for late tackles, dissent or wasting time. If anything there could have been a few more yellows and reds given.

But I feel sorry for the referee. He probably gave more cards then he'd like to. What was really disappointing was the way they were playing. I mean they kept pushing and playing as if they were desperate T_T (Which I think they were...)Not a good final at all.

As a side note: The Gandolf movie clip was great, there was amazing editing.

The final was a bit disappointing. I would have liked to see more scoring attempts and less fouls. The goal Spin did get was fairly impressive so late in the game.