Aveyond Studios Community
Sign in to follow this  
snowbunnies_x

I need professional help, fast!

need!

okay. sometimes, when i fight with my family members, i feel the urge to punch them and whack them into pulps. are these thoughts normal? i've never been violent before, but why are these thoughts pushing their way into my mind?

second, when i talk to my crush or the guy i really, really like, i feel the urge to grab him and hug him tight and kiss him all over the face!! is this what people call, sexual attraction? is it okay and normal...? i'm 16. so everytime he talks to me i HAVE to sit on my hands!!!

third, my residential area got fogged recently (lotsa white fog that smells of insecticide to kill mosquitoes) and my rabbit was outside. will it affect her? she was jumpy when they started fogging, because of the wrrrrrrr sound, but after that she seemed okay. but really, it stank... so... i need help and advice.

Both your feelings of aggression and attraction are perfectly normal for someone your age. At age 16, your hormones are running wild which, in turn, make your emotions run wild, as well.

An athletic activity that uses a lot of energy is a great outlet for those feelings of aggression.

Writing or talking can also be a good release for those emotions.

As for your wanting to hug and kiss your crush, that's perfectly normal, as long as it's not an inappropriate time or place and you don't let it go further than you'd like.

I'd just keep an eye on your rabbit for the next few days. If she acts fine and continues to eat and drink normally, then I'm sure she's ok.

If anything changes in her behavior or eating habits, then I'd take her to the vet.

I agree with Argoyle completely. Your feelings sound very normal to me. Keep in mind that it is our actions not our thoughts that define who we are, and everyone has thoughts about doing things that they would never really want to do.

Talking about it is definitely good. When I was your age, I spent hours on the phone every day talking to my best friend about all the things we were feeling -- it drove my mom crazy!

As for your rabbit, the one thing that I would add, is that your city might well have a number that you can call with questions about accidental exposure. If they do, a quick call could help put your mind at ease, or let you know about any specific symptoms you should be on the lookout for.

Don't panic snow :) You're ok. and i agree with them, try to find an outlet to release your emotions. it's hard if you keep it all to yourself.

Your bunny seems ok. :) she probably got stressed a bit but if she suddenly looks sick, then you should bring her to the vet asap. :)

Me to believe me I remeber what it felt like to feel so mad I wanted to hurt them, I personally let out a lot of emotion through writing:) Also I have bunnies to and I'm sure she will be fine they would be legally obliged to warn you to keep your pets in if it would hurt her:)

The urge to be violent is not really a problem until it becomes a practice. I think everyone gets angry at their parents sometimes, but you just need to slow down and think before you do anything dumb. My problem used to be that when I got angry at my parents, I used to distance myself by leaving and drinking and doing drugs...the exact opposite of what you are having the "urge" to do...they both are serious though...if you feel you need help, get it...but talk it out with your parents first....this sort of stuff can ruin your life, because as a teen...although you might not realize it, your family is the most important thing you have.

...and about your boyfriend...I am 17, so I know what you are going through. Its good that you are in love with him, and those are natural feelings....just understand that its not sexual attraction that makes a relationship, its emotional connection...but who knows? only you can decide what to do...but this sounds OK....

But snowbunnies, you don't seem to have that much thats going wrong...just follow your heart and everything will be all right

Lord_Maeglin had good advise(very wise for a 17yr old). I didn't want to sound like an old fogey. You should go to your parents, when things are calm and talk to them about what you are feeling. They care more about you than anyone else in the world. You can either let your anger distance you from them and damage your relationship with them. Or use those feelings for good and develop a deeper and more meaningful trusting relationship with them. You are approaching the age when it becomes natural for you to want to leave the nest. A lot of the anger you feel is because you want to start making your own rules for yourself.

How you leave is up to you. Remember they are very scared about you leaving and know that it isn't that far off. You cannot yet imagine how strong the protective urges of a parent are until you have a child of your own.

Well said everyone. Even after they leave you still have a natural urge to protect them. It never leaves you.

Sixteen can be a fun age. There's so much to explore and learn. It's natural for you to want to be on your own with your own set of rules. And even though your parents aren't agreeing with you, doesn't mean they don't understand. They just aren't allowing you do to whatever it is you think you should be able to. (Remembering my battles with my 16 year old middle child.)

Enjoy being 16. Enjoy the flirting. Enjoy falling in love. Enjoy and respect your parents opinion. They have been through what you're going through yourself. It's probably hard to believe at your age, but they have. That's why the protection! ;)

At any rate... definitely find a peaceful time to talk with your parents... they are wise beyond your years.

Yes i agree all of them above what they said!!

You're 16 yrs old, Its just the normal thoughts you are having at ur age!!

You do have thoughts like punching on ur parents now, but you will realize later that ur parents are the only one who cared a lot about you whole time!

Your a teenager and you would always thinking to have big wings and fly free out at the high skies!!

They are just normal thoughts you have in ur age!!All does!!

And about ur crushes!!

It might not be just with sexual attraction, it could be just what lord_Maeglin said!

Or it might be because you are missing some one to talk or have a great time with!!

About ur bunny!

Insecticides consists of harmful chemicals like organophosphates,Sarin,Soman and tabun (nerve gases)phosphoric acid.

When they are exposed to thick fog too much they take an chemical reaction which affects humans aswell!!!

If u feel that the insecticide in the air is very thick, You better watch ur bunny closely for any changes in its habits!

Fighting: it's normal. Usually I just go to my room and start beating my pillow up, or something that can handle the abuse, such as a bouncy ball. Or if that doesn't work, go on the computer and type up everything that I hate. Than delete the document so no one would read it.

Though, imo, I never found 'talking' to be helpful, especially if your parents are of the hard headed stubborn variety. But that might just be me since I am 'emotionally private/stunted/etc.' with my parents and people in general.

as for the crush: I assume that's normal, even though I never actually experienced that before.

rabbit: just make sure your rabbit's not acting anything more unusual. if she is: it's vet time ;)

Sounds like fairly normal 16-year-old thoughts to me, and if they're just remaining as thoughts then I don't see any problems. The other folks who've posted here have given some great advice. :)

About the bunny, I'd say you might want to take her in to the vet just in case. If there's been a spraying for bugs, anything outside around her cage could have the insecticide in its system, and if she eats it (or has breathed too much in) it'd build up in her system (plus I'm not sure if that stuff stays in the system or eventually leaves). I'm the kind of person who's "better safe than sorry" with their pets...I'd rather have a preventative visit with the vet than an "ACK SHE'S SICK!" visit. :)