Aveyond Studios Community
TrueShadow

Aveyond and myths names

I hope this necropost isn't so bad, but I want to share this:

The sword named "Masamune". The name's been floating around various Japanese games (most famous probs being Sephiroth's sword in FF7). I'm inclined to think that Amanda picked up the name from those already-existing games, and if she does, I really belive the Japanese wasn't referring to Masamune Date when they named that sword.

They meant Masamune the blacksmith. He was very famous for revolutionizing smithing methods and it makes swords a heck lot better, hence why the Masamune sword is a very powerful sword in games.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think anyone's explained the name of Eithera, druid of strength. ;) I don't have an explanation myself, unless it comes from Ether or Aether, the fifth classical element meaning spirit or quintessence.

I'd be very interested to learn more about Aveyond's in-game religion as they don't explain it much. They only mention two gods, Haurvatat and Ahurani, and the latter they never even explain his domain or powers.

The "Goddess" figure is mentioned in Ahriman's Prophecy and in the later games but left out of AV1 for some reason.

Don't even get me started on AP names. Did you know the Elf Queen's name was Vlissre? Explain THAT to me. :D

Look, understand that not all of the names have mythical roots. If we can't find anything on them, then most likely they came straight out of nowhere. Names like "Te'ijal" or "Vlissre" or "Gyendal" or "Elini" turned up nothing in searches thus far, so we do not explain its mythical roots because we can't find anything.

We don't explain Aveyond's religion because it's not the point of this thread. Frankly, I think all of us don't know either. AV1 was an oddball because it strayed quite far off from AP, but then AV2 pulls ALL the AP references back to the surface and actually left out a number of the stuff that was set up in AV1.

The names without origins are just as important as those with. I think it's important for clarity's sake to take note of the names that don't have meanings. It's a strange juxtaposition to have two figures of equal importance, like Haurvatat and Ahurani, one with a background and one without.

quasi-candid wrote:

The names without origins are just as important as those with. I think it's important for clarity's sake to take note of the names that don't have meanings. It's a strange juxtaposition to have two figures of equal importance, like Haurvatat and Ahurani, one with a background and one without.

Yo, that's an inappropriate example. If you spend just five minutes to check the facts, you will find that BOTH Haurvatat and Ahurani are Persian deities. It's easy enough to find them on Google. We probably just missed one of them because we forgot. I certainly did. I forgot that Ahurani's name was even mentioned at all.

Anyways, this is a thread where us forum-goers contribute as we come along, so you can't expect every single darned name to be explained! :S We post when something comes to mind or we discover something new. Not everyone cares where the names come from, so really, I don't think it's "important" at all. You're curious? Good for you. It's easy enough to Google the names you want to know about yourself :o

--------------------------------------

So, I might as well make a new contribution:

Tunsten Darkthrop: Tunsten is similar to "Tungsten", the element otherwise known as "Wolfram".

Mordred Darkthrop: Mordred is from Arthurian legend, most famous for being a traitor and fatally wounding Arthur. Some say he's Arthur's son from his half-sister Morgause. Others say he's Morgause's son with her husband King Lot.

I can speculate that Gyendal derived from the name "Gwendal", but it's only speculation. Amanda has a habit of putting in characters with normal-names-but-with-a-twisted-spelling-to-seem-cool. E.g: Ean = Ian. Dameon = Damian/Damien.

But, he searched a lot for this game, Rhen's quest is too bigger, Clearwater, Peninsula, ETC, he did a lot searching (He learned too) it's benifit of theirs to learning and ours for time-passing, now, it is too bigger and popular that everyone loves it, Amaranth would be so glad. But, thanks so much for saying that all.. I would wish for more games, and you to discover more things! Daevas Agas.

Sent from my LG-D686 using Tapatalk

But, he searched a lot for this game, Rhen's quest is too bigger, Clearwater, Peninsula, ETC, he did a lot searching (He learned too) it's benifit of theirs to learning and ours for time-passing, now, it is too bigger and popular that everyone loves it, Amaranth would be so glad. But, thanks so much for saying that all.. I would wish for more games, and you to discover more things! Daevas Agas.

???

If you mean me, I'm not a "he" XD I'm actually a girl.

But if you mean a different member, then okay :D

Wow... i never even thought of looking up the mythology of Aveyond...

But its really amazing how this is all in one game

Truthfully i like myths a lot *-*

But learning all this in one go is too much for my brain xD

*brain explode*

Oooo tho i wonder what AV4 have myths instore for us *-*

Does the main charas have somethings behind their names?

Boyle and myst?

Well myst dosnt seem like anything unless it have hidden meanings ..

But idk boyle.. i hear his name for the first time :o

And since he is an ex evil lord wouldnt he be based off something? :o

Sent from my SM-G900F using Aveyond Kingdom

Yay Rosie!

I bet, you've done to come here through many difficulties!

I also bet, daeva_agas is misunderstood, Rosie wasn't telling about you.

I bet this one two, you discovered many things, by the way..

------------

Oops! I forget to bet this one, Rosie!

Aveyond myths- I bet, I discovered nothing, yet. It doesn't much explain, as I bet.

I also bet, Yay, daeva_agas! You discovered many things!

I bet this one two, good job, everyone to send the myths of Aveyond!