Aveyond Studios Community
Sign in to follow this  
Tmikel10

LoT - Script is Hanging Error

Ok i was in the sinoa plains and i was about to into stormbend but as soon as i do the game crashes and says script is hanging please help

i tried to go into stormbend and the game froze and shortly after it showed this message

Script 'Game_Map' line 59: Errno::EACCES occurres. Permission denied - Data/Map051.rxdata

can someone tell me what it is and how to fix it

i tried to go into stormbend and the game froze and shortly after it showed this message

Script 'Game_Map' line 59: Errno::EACCES occurres. Permission denied - Data/Map051.rxdata

can someone tell me what it is and how to fix it

Can you check that there is a Map051.rxdata file in your game's Data folder (where the game is installed, not where your save files are).

If you can't see one, you might try reinstalling the game, as it looks like it might have been removed somehow.

I'm not sure whether the two errors are related or not, but let's make a start with this.

If the file is there you're most likely looking at file corruption, an error in your file system, actual physical damage to your storage medium, or an error in you system account permissions.

I'm betting on #1 or #2.

If the game is doing too much internal processing and not updating graphics often enough, this issue will occur.

On the Aveyond games, we found it happened a bit with the mouse processing (if you used the mouse to move around) and made some changes so it doesn't affect the more recent games, but it could still happen for other reasons.

The first thing you should do is see what other programs are running while you're playing your game - close down whatever isn't necessary, so your resources are not being shared between a number of different programs.