Aveyond Studios Community
Sign in to follow this  
daeva_agas

Would an Amaranthia meetup be a good idea?

shaz wrote:

Maybe in a couple of years I could justify a trip to the US. In the meantime, I have AM meetups on a regular basis. All the AM forum members within several hundred miles of where I live meet together at my place frequently.

;)

Jealous! I didn't even know there are other AM members living in your area, shaz! I wish the ones near me would come out of inactivity already :(

@lovinlife- You did. It was "LOLS"

AM meetup is a terrible idea because

a) picture ur mom's reaction if you say you want to go to us to meet with online friends

B) cost

i chatted with my dad, and he said (if the meet up was REALLY close by) he wouldn't mind me going as long as he went with me and i took my cell phone. he said he would be fine with just standing by the entrance and waiting.

but, of course, not all parents are so easily convinced.

my mom was actually surprisingly chill when i said i wanted to meet D_A at the library XP and i'm usually watched like a hawk. so, i mean, if it's at all possible money-wise/time-wise/travel-wise/etc, it's definitely worth a shot to ask.

...of course, half of my friends on here were actually invited by me and at least two of them live within four miles of my house, so...guess THAT doesn't exactly classify as an "amaranthian meetup."

the other thing we could do is just all show up at local anime conventions as aveyond characters and see how many other aveyond characters we run into XP

Tei wrote:

the other thing we could do is just all show up at local anime conventions as aveyond characters and see how many other aveyond characters we run into XP

That would be amazingly epic! (though I doubt I would see anyone at mine, but oh well.)

Wouldn't it be neat if someone went to a con and they did a skit as aveyond characters?

It would be great to see!

I think meetups could work if you have a lot of members near a central location. It would be much more difficult if international travel was required.

Even domestic travel can be too difficult, depending on the route it can sometimes be much cheaper to fly international than domestic.

Meetup would be fun idea if there several members in the same general area but personally, I wouldn't be willing to travel for one. I barely travel to even visit family because of the cost.

...shouldn't the first question be how many amaranthians even live in the same country? Or for large countries the same state/province/equivalent (which, okay, I'm actually suddenly curious to know... at least to know the highest amount- 3 in the same area? is that too large a number?)

I've always fantasized (yeah x/) about an Amaranthian meet-up/get-together sort of thing. Distance and flight ticket prices are two of the main obstructions x\ Still, I'll continue fantasizing :D