Aveyond Studios Community
Sign in to follow this  
Bama_Thunder

The Music won't play when the title screen appears

Recently when I started a new game, I noticed that the music did not play on any of the Aveyond games. I am wondering, is there a way I can fix that? I tried deleting everything having to do with the game, and reinstalling it, but that still didn't fix the problem. Please help.

When you press F1, make sure the Play BGM and ME is checked as well as the Play BGS and SE.

Also, look at your master volume on your computer. Make sure nothing is muted.

You may want to make sure your drivers are updated too.

While in Master Volume, go to Options --> Properties, choose your audio output under Mixer Device, and tick everything under "Show the following volume controls". Select OK, and the Master Volume should include every single volume control. Check if ALL of them are NOT muted/low volume.

Just in case you haven't already checked this, make sure music is also turned on in the in-game Options menu. Both that AND the BGM/ME must be On for the music to play.

If it still isn't working, make sure your sound card's divers are current.

Note that even if a sound card SEEMS to be good (plays most things), it can still be bad and the Aveyond games may require the part that is bad.

Best of luck in getting the music to work. Aaron writes/performs incredible music. :)

Make sure your speakers are turned on. If you're using headphones make sure they are plugged into the correct port. This also applies to desktop systems that don't have integrated speakers.

I did everything that was stated in your advice here on my posts, but the music still isn't playing. Do you think deleting everything having to do with the games (save games, data folders, etc.) and then reinstalling might fix the problem?

I had the same problem.

tried everything on this thread, but the following worked..

Solution 2 (from jvallott):

Install the latest WMA codec for your operating system:

1. Go to the Windows Media Download Center.

2. In the Select Download drop-down list, select Windows Media Encoder.

3. In the Select Version drop-down list, select Windows Media Encoder 9 Series.

Note: If the 11 series does not work for you, try series 9.

4. Download and install the codec for your operating system.

5. Restart your computer.

6. Play Aveyond!

Well...I have a different objective (please?). How do you turn off the sound in AP so that another piece of music can be heard? I personally love the AP music, but I play better with another track.

Oh, sorry I will be sure to. I just don't want to waste a topic on a short problem such as mine ^^.

I guess I'll try moving it to a secluded folder where it won't be accessed...but I hope it doesn't crash the game.

Thanks.

EDIT:

It works! Thank you so much Aislingyngaio.

i have a problem with the music..

my game was working just fine but i don't know what's wrong. my sound is playing but the music isn't.. and i tried everythig but it still won't work... what should i do?

i just realised that rhen's quest music is workin but the sound isn't.. i have no idea what's wrong with them

i did.. and none of this is the problem because my games worked with my driver just fine..

Merged posts. Don't double post, just use the edit button.

~Mopiece

Okay, did you do the first thing suggested and make sure everything is checked?

Your drivers may be old, so it's still ideal to check and see if there are new drivers.

yes i checked everythig and it's all good.

the drivers are fine because all the other games work and aveyond worked until yesterday.

maybe i have done something from the menu but i don't know what because i tried turning on and off and is still won't work