Aveyond Studios Community
Sign in to follow this  
ShaunMacKinnon

Should Winged Boots be in TLO and TDP ???

There aren't winged boots in TLO, but there are Ashera's Sandals, which have the same effect. If you don't like leaving it to chance (they are one of 3 items you could get by defeating the giant crab - you could save after the battle and before looting the corpse, then reload as often as needed to get them), you could try making Quicksilver instead - talk to the squirrel behind Willoby's house in Harakauna.

Ashera's Sandals are also in the equipment goodie cave.

TDP will be a continuation of TLO. As to who is in your party at the beginning or what you have, even I don't know :) But some things you have done in the previous 3 games will have an effect on how TDP plays out.

Considering there have only been two games which have continued from the previous (LoT -> GoN, GoN -> TLO), that's a bit inaccurate. Between LoT and GoN, EVERYTHING was transferred over.

Which way TDP will go, we'll have to wait and see.

@Shaun: As shaz said, if you ported Lord of Twilight to Gates of Night, EVERYTHING gets transferred, items, levels, equipment. However, when you port Gates of Night to The Lost Orb, ONLY the levels got transferred. The only constant transfer IS the levels, but it doesn't mean that ONLY the levels will get transferred when you port The Lost Orb to The Darkthrop Prophecy. That one is still under development. After all, if you started out TLO with 600k plus all your end GoN equipment, you'd have no trouble with Eldrion at the beginning (plus you'd hate Lydia a lot less than you should :P).

Where did you get your LoT and GoN games from? If you chose to continue your saved game when you started GoN, everything should have come with you.

those who keep saying "Lydia took your stuff" can you please stop... im not just talking about GoN to TLO... I downloaded the game Shaz, and I did choose to continue my saved game... I'm not complaining that I had to buy everything back, it was just a shame that I lost my 2million gold and Winged Shoes.

It sounds like it couldn't find a save file to continue from, so actually started a new game (though if that was the case, it wouldn't have given you the option to continue in the first place). If you start a new game in GoN, your levels will be preset to what they should have been close to at the end of LoT.

After you saved your game at the end of LoT, did you do anything manually to move or copy your save files?

Well the games are set to start at certain levels, so it could have looked like you were continuing a game if the levels you ended off at were the same as the preset levels.

Did you move the games? Or alter anything on your computer? Where'd you get the game from?

I knew someone was going to bring that up...

look, anything you download off the net is considered pirated anyway, and the fact is I don't have a Credit Card at my disposal, like most people who downlaod stuff, I just want to enjoy it and give feedback like everyone else, I started Ahriman's Prophecy when it first came out, I love Aveyond and I want to keep playing the games

One thing you may not be aware of is the very process of hacking a game could cause it to not play correctly (aside from the risk that you've also downloaded an accompanying virus). This would not be the first time we've heard of one of our games behaving in a very unusual way, and every time, we learn the player is playing a hacked/pirated version. I'm aware you didn't ask for help with this, but I'm almost certain the reason you're having this problem (and will possibly continue to have it in future games) IS because you're playing a pirated copy.

I'm happy you're enjoying the game and wanting to give feedback, like everyone else, but we'd much prefer it if you'd purchase your own legal copy of the game, like everyone else. Credit card is not the only payment method available to you - I'm pretty sure we can take checks and money orders as well. I suggest you contact support@amaranthia.com and ask them how you can get a legal version of the game.

We will not provide you with assistance until you pay for the game, and if you read our forum rules, you will learn that it's a very real possibility that you will be banned from the forum. Whatever your reasons, we treat piracy very seriously.

btw - did you pay for ANY of your Aveyond games, or did you get them all from torrents and the like?

Your reasoning is flawed. Anything you download off the net is not considered pirated, and you couldn't get a pirated copy of our games unless you went looking for them. You CAN download a legitimate, unpirated version of all our games right from our own site as well as many, many others, if you wanted to. Shall I assume that NONE of the Aveyond games you have are legal copies, and that you've obtained ALL of them via torrents and hotfiles and the like?

It's very likely the problem you're having is something that's been introduced by the hacking process - it's not the first time one of our games has behaved in an unusual way only for people playing pirated copies.

I suspect your pirating our games has nothing to do with the fact that you don't have a credit card, and it's not even a good excuse to do so. I'm fairly confident half the population of this forum don't have credit cards, and they still manage to get a legal version one way or another. Send an email to support@amaranthia.com and they will help you pay for the game via other means (check, money order, etc). In the meantime, if you read our forum rules, you will see we take piracy very seriously, and accordingly, I am banning your account until you have legal, paid copies of the games. If/when that happens, you will be more than welcome to rejoin the forum and give us your feedback on the games. :)