Aveyond Studios Community
Sign in to follow this  
PrincessRhozwyn42

Teeth pulling... Weeeee...

I just got home from the dentist. I had to have 4 teeth pulled, to make way for my braces (which I'm excited about). It actually went better than I thought, though my mouth is a bit sore, and my lips still feel huge.

Have you ever had teeth pulled? What was your experience?

Ugh...I HATED getting my teeth pulled...one itme, my IDIOT dentish "forgot" to numb my mouth so I could FEEL my teeth being pulled out and it HURT I was screaming so much...

Anyways, have fun with your braces...I didn't enjoy mine.

I've only had my wisdom teeth pulled about 10 years ago. I was knocked out for it so obviously I didn't feel a thing and didn't have any complications from it. The only part I didn't like was not being able to eat anything the day before the surgery. I was so hungry afterwards and couldn't wait to eat solid food again.

The dental procedure that I did't like was getting a filling. I got a filling for the first time this summer. The dentist numbed the area so I didn't feel anything but I didn't like the sound of the drilling on the tooth. Also, I wasn't a fan of my lip being numb for a few hours afterwards.

urgh, wisdom teeth. I had mine removed in 2 surgeries (left than right side).

Dad forgot to pick up the painkillers the first night so I had this annoying ache/pain in my jaw the whole night. And eating was a pain. No complications though which was great.

I had eight teeth (four baby teeth, four adult) pulled when I was 10 ^^;; My dentist froze the area and gave me laughing gas on top of that, so I don't remember a whole lot even though I was awake the entire time. I just felt really dreamy and every part of me felt heavy, but not in an unpleasant way.

I remember using up tons of gauze afterward because of the blood/drool xD I also remember my lips feeling really, really odd. And of course, not being able to eat solids for a while pretty much sucked. Still, after my gums stopped bleeding, my mom (who had taken the day off of work) took me out and bought me a smoothie, which made me feel so much better!

I'd honestly had so much done to my teeth at this point that nothing at the dentist really phases me anymore =/ The only major things I haven't gotten done are my wisdom teeth removed (because of the teeth removed when I was a kid, there's enough room for them) and fillings (I've had a root canal done after breaking a tooth, but I haven't had cavities yet)

Oh, yeah...I remember I rode a bus home after getting a tooth pulled out. My mouth was bleeding, I was dripping blood on my clothes, although I didn't notice. But everyone on the bus noticed. They were staring at me, and I said, "What?" to them...they must have thought I was a vampire or something XP

I had my wisdom teeth taken out...they ended up putting me under for the surgery and it was my first (and only) experience I've had being under. I didn't have any crazy talk while going down but I woke up throwing up either due to the pain or a reaction to the whole thing. Yuch. So overall not a great experience but I remember loving the applesauce, pudding, and ice cream I got for days after!!!!

Braces...I had them for a year and although I'm still appreciative as to what they did to my teeth I can't say I was ever all that excited to have them. :) Why the excitement?

I haven't had mine pulled yet though that's not saying much since I haven't even reached 15.

My cousin had 4 wisdom teeth pulled out two days back. he said it went okay. A bit painful later but not as much as he thought it would hurt.

I have never had my teeth pulled, but I have had several fillings. The first one was a few years back. My stupid dentist didn't give me enough freezing, and I'm pretty sure his hand was moving when he gave me the needle for the freezing, so it really hurt! AND then I ran out of freezing in the middle of the procedure. Owwch.

I ended up having my baby canine (upper) pulled. It was not fun. The dentist had to, because my adult teeth for them came in before the baby teeth were loose, and wedged the baby teeth in place. Fun fun. So I had to have them pulled before I got my braces.

I was lucky though, as they thought they were going to have to pull more teeth, but the had set the casting of my teeth slightly off, were they thought I bit, but as I bit differently, they didn't have to pull any. Of course, by this time I was already novocaine-ed up, so yeah...

I must say, though, I miss my braces... I liked having them, getting different colored elastics and all that jazz. Maybe I'm strange, haha!

More than a year ago I had my upper wisdom teeth pulled out because they were very crooked and the dentist said it could cause problems later [the bottom wisdom teeth could stay]. It didn't hurt, and it helped that they weren't both pulled out on the same day but with a couple of weeks between.

I got local desensitization, the dentist pulled the tooth out and then applied ozone there for better healing. No problems or pain with it, neither afterwards when the desensitization wore off. Actually every time when I had a cavity and had to get a filling [3 so far] it was more unpleasant, also because the procedure took a lot longer.

I find that Laughing Gas really helps with the pain from pulling/filling teeth. When I get the needle, it doesn't hurt as much.

@Luz: I wish everyone didn't feel pain like that.

@ashen: I like the look of braces. I've never really need them, but they look pretty if they're done right. Why hate 'em?

@sandstorm: :o I used to have an evil dentist who did that . . . he apparently did it to everyone and was soon fired.

I've only had to get one tooth pulled, I was twelve. Aaaaaaaaand . . . it was not by my dentist. It was my little brother. And he ripped out my tooth that was only slightly loose. and it bleed all over and I screamed so loud and . . . yeah.

My sister should see this thread. She could go on forever!

I'm actually never meet those dentist. I usually pulled my teeth all by myself(though because they're just my little baby teeth).

Once i ever chewing my wisdom tooth when i was eating my food. I even didn't know if it's already unsteady and the food was hard to bite. So when i chewed it, i get it out and i'm all shocked that i just bit my own tooth. It's so hard, though!

@Lydia: GROSS!!!!

I lost a tooth in a piece of toast once. I once had a tooth grow completely behind another one. It was adult behind small though, so my dentist said it was okay.

Wow... Want to know how drugged I was after getting the teeth pulled? Well, I don't remember starting this thread... =)

So, my excitement for my braces is really this: I'm sick of having messed up teeth. I have such crooked teeth. One of my front teeth grew in OVER the baby one, so I had to have the baby one removed. But now, like 2 years later, I have this lovely tooth that's higher than the others. So really, I can't wait to have normal teeth. Plus, when I was little, I thought braces were pretty =D

Hey, no one should be upset about braces! Think of how pretty your teeth will look after! And anyways, you get to pick out lovely colours and they make your mouth look like a piece of prettyness!

My friend just got her braces off, and it was so silly when she came to chool because whenever she opened her mouth, she would feel her teeth. I told her that if she kept rubbing her teeth, she wouldn't even have to brush them. lol. but fingers are dirty, so it doesn't work. :(