Aveyond Studios Community
Sign in to follow this  
Yuffie

School Uniforms

I can't believe that other schools might actually make girls perform sports in skirts. It just doesn't sound right for me, not at all.

i totally agree.

well, even though i'm a girl, i don't (seriously) see the point of wearing skirts.. (well, skirts, like, above the knee-length is ok. but short shorts.. big NO. :S) especially in sports, bleh, i don't like showing my legs publicly ;)

@marie:

whoa~ it'd be so much uncomfortable, huh?

Sports, short skirts, legs, uncomfortable.... I would not stand it,... Good for me for having my trousers.

geez, why does your school not have PE uniforms?

Hmm.. I like them and I dont like them.

I like them cause no one can make fun of your clothes that way :D

And I dont like them cause otherwise you can't show off your creativity, uniqueness etc.

But mostly I'm for them as long as we can make some teeny tiny changes innit ^^

I like having a uniform, although it makes me look fat. D: (Yeah, I'm vain. Haha.) It makes it easier to get dressed in the morning.

Plus, if I go out in it, people can tell what kind of school I'm from. Private schools in the Philippines have their own uniforms, so it'd be easy to tell where you come from. I come from one of those awesome schools, so I'm proud, hah.

The bad thing is that it can choke a little. But I'm happy the the skirts are below the knee. My province seems to be more conservative than the cosmopolitan Manila.

well, not really.. (lives in Manila..for college)

i totally agree with you about the fact that people can tell where school you are from, Candide :)

O.O my problem is that, although i'm like so proud of my school, i can't brag about it to people through what i wear since we have no uniforms.. :lol:

hehe, vanity, i think, is a common denominator in dressing :P

Whaaaaat really? So is it really just Makati that's all glamorous? (I base my statements on what my Manila friend tells me. xD)

I find it weird that some colleges have uniforms. Like Enderun, hah.

Oh yeah, vanity. It's horrible, but so hard to deny it.

Hmm, Makati might be glamorous with the buildings and stuff, modernized structures.. filled with business etc.. (haha) but the center of the Philippines in every aspect (well, excluding agriculture and fisheries) would be Manila. :)

Hmm, i don't think it is weird that college schools have uniforms.. many of them do have uniforms. Sometimes, i wish that my school one.. well, it does for medicine related courses but how about us non-medical courses?

:lol:

Really? Maybe I'm just too sheltered or something here. p: I only see medical courses having uniforms, especially nursing.

Non-medical courses... I guess you and the others are lucky. :D But then you spend more time thinking about what to wear, so oh noes.

The thing is my sister says you realise the value of uniforms when you do not have them. Because you have to think of what to wear, whether you wore it last week, etc.

Exactly, much easier as everyone wears the same thing. For my sis, she has to make sure she does not wear the same thing she wore last week

Ooooh... I would hate going to a school without uniforms, because I would have to spend all of my money on new clothes, not on friends or family. Ick... Any who, I really like my uniform, because it looks nice, and I don't have to worry about anyone saying, "Didn't you wear that last week?" because I can say, "Yeah, and so did you!"

i wish i had choice to wear a school uniform, but my country does not have that option in schools...

they are expensive, but, as some of u said it, when u wear it u actually get the feeling u are in school. and u do not have buy so much of other clothes to wear for school when u wear a uniform.

theone wrote:

Actually, when you wear a uniform, you get the feeling you are going to school

You just don't know how true that was. I honestly can't imagine myself going to school to study without having my uniform on.

I remembered when I went to school during the summer holiday to pickup the school uniform. I was dressed in bright blue and purple, and it just seemed off in school, like I didn't really blend in. lol

I like the idea of having a school uniform. I am against my school uniform, though. I just hate it. We have to wear it all the time, in P.E., in classes, all the time. We have to wear beige trousers and navy shirt with beige at the edges. There's also this red school logo sewed to the shirt. I really hate it.

@Heero: you don't like the motives/design?

I far too comfort with my uniforms. I'd feel to wear them to every place i could go,.. Well, maybe not..

But, i'd still wear my uniform if there's just school's party, and it allowed to.

@yuffie: i like the concepts. If we wear some random dress, shirts, or whatever, we're exactly going to wear different clothes everyday. But uniforms, you're gonna wear them all of week, and probably everyday

@shadowshed, I like having a school uniform. I just hate its design and colour. I hate the colour navy. That would be mostly why I don't like my school uniform. Also, I hate that the logo is red. I think the colour beige would have matched better.

Yeah, it takes some getting used to. I almost died in my first week of uniform because I hated it so much. Now I love it, so I don't mind.

@Heero- I feel your pain with the whole "my uniform doesn't match!" thing. Mine does, but some just don't go at all... :(

Well, my country is just absolutely great in picking school uniforms. We have to wear them, but it's okay. For boys, it's just a white button-up shirt, plain; white socks, black shoes, and gray trousers. For girls, it's the standard country white button-up shalwar-kameez with a blue collar and sleeve hem, black sandals, and blue dupatta that we can pleat and put it through our shoulder straps. Beacon-house school system, yes.

Well, it doesn't matter about P.E, we just do whatever we want during it.

Also, shalwar-kameez is the national clothing, so we have no problem wearing it.

ugh, the thought of having uniforms (again) will be nice for me..

as they have said before.. (well i' kinda experiencing it since, ya know, no uniforms here :( ) without uniforms, studying isn't just.. the same :( (drama much?? :lol: ) and i had to be THAT conscious of what i wear since i don't want to be too over dressed or to look like a beggar :(