Aveyond Studios Community
Sign in to follow this  
Axel Moonsong

Aveyond or books,which do you choose?

I start this to see how many people prefer to read,rather than playing an Aveyond game.(I prefer playing an Aveyond game anyway).I also think that the content of games like Aveyond could become famous books on the future.Feel free to express you opinions about this subject.

Books for this game sound like a good idea, or maybe some doujinshi's that can be bought? Comics?

I don't know, but for such things Amanda would probably have to pay. Designers, and such stuff. I'd really be happy if there'd be books actually, but I wonder, if there'd be books, what about the games?

In my opinion if I would get an Aveyond book I wouldn't play the game anymore... Since for me it's either book or game. The books would be more interesting. But maybe that's just me <.>

@MC: You're kinda of missing the point? The poll is asking that given the choice, would you go read a book (Harry Potter, Romeo and Juliet, comics, manga, school books, whatever) or play Aveyond. Not whether you would prefer the book version of Aveyond or the game version.

Would have to depend on who writes it.

If it was written by a Stephanie Meyer, I would prefer game.

If it was written by one of my fav authors, than it'll be a close call.

Ok...So it seems that I'm the single book hater around.XD The reason why I prefer the Aveyond games is because they have almost an equal content of lecture like a roman,but also has orchestral music,visual effect,so it's better to play a game like Aveyond,rather than reading a full book,full of bleaches,blossoms,honey,syrups and soap opera things,(stuff which I hate most at books or poems),that is my point about reading.I still do not agree with one thing people say: That video games root your mind.

@yuri: lecture? bleaches? blossoms? honey? syrups? soap opera?

First off, what kind of book are you reading? Badly written romance novels? I know my books generally involve maiming, dirty jokes, some thinking, and just good ole fun. Candide was definitely fun.

So I definitely disagree that books are just badly written soap operas. You're just looking at the wrong genre.

as for AV being a lecture with music and visual effects:

AV has the music, but the 'lecture' parts I'm skeptical about. AV is NOT a deep game by any means compared to say Skies of Arcadia or Legacy of Kain.

And video games rooting the mind: That depends on the video game and the player. For example, I am a legacy of kain fanboy. I love the games. But you'll find plenty of people who simply can't get into them due to the archaic script, confusing storyline, or maybe they just don't like the game format.

Sincerely,I would like to read all the SF/Adventure/Fantasy books available but my parents go on the old classic books,like Ludovic the XII,Queen Elisabeta,Pardailan Cavaler,and stuff.Really,it's too much for me.Since I can't read the books which I like,I'd rather go on Aveyond.This is my point.

Than you shouldn't generalize all books to be full of "bleaches,blossoms,honey,syrups and soap opera things" when you've only stepped a nanometer into the book world.

And imo, the poll should be: do you prefer Aveyond or badly written soap opera books.

Cuz than you'll probably get a majority agreeing with you that aveyond is better than the above soap opera books.

Well,I am able to write a book,but my parents don't agree with my ideas of the book.I posted some infos on DevArt.If than you ment by writing,connie.And I am happy for you,at least you're free to do what you like.

@yuri: as bad as being forced to read something you don't want to (I do it all the time. it's called reading a textbook.), that doesn't mean all books are bad.

And your scenario is getting even specific:

1. reading books for you is forced

2. playing Aveyond is voluntarily

3. the books you're forced to read are full of stuff you don't like.

So if we edit the poll even further to suit your very specific scenario, it should be: Would you choose to play Aveyond or be forced into reading badly written soap opera books.

I'm pretty sure I can predict the winner of that poll, and it wouldn't be the books.

well, that's pretty obvious :P

now if we were talking of a more balanced scenario like your favorite book in the whole world vs AV, that will probably be a harder poll XD

aveyond as books = MEGA cool. the content in this stuff is enough to write a trilogy.

as for the Aveyond vs. books....books. i'm sorry, but i must admit. books are endless. you can read them again and again, and just keep getting more and more of them, surprises at every turn, classics, mysteries, romances.....so many to choose from. Aveyond, so far, has five chapters (not counting AP). I guess I was shocked by a few things (spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler) but if i had to choose, i would choose books. so much more fun, exciting, and....endless. so much to choose from!

during all of this i am feeling guilty not to have visited the library of congress yet.

av and book?

if d book like novel i prefer playing av, but if d book like manga,,hmm,,,thats hard,,hehehe

i like both,,

if i have many time i want to playing av, but if i don't have much time usually i reading manga,,hehehe

Well,one thing on this topic I will raise again.What to you prefer: The sad,sadical,cynical,rough,cold novel or the blossom,warm,soapy book?And also near it added Amaranth games?Because I started to think that the soap operas aren't as bad as I pretended to think until I completed reading my last book.