Aveyond Studios Community
Sign in to follow this  
theone

Flaming on sites

The other day I happened to glance Yahoo comments and was shocked ( But now I realise I was very naive then). Since then I saw other news sites comments and feel even more shocked.

People are filled with so much hate. One thinks racism is over but go to these sites and one will feel that Americans just want to kill everyone but themselves ( And believe me this is being light). And even among themselves, the Republicans hate the Democrats and vice versa. And what is a tea bagger? Absolutely no idea.

Is it really true? Are people filled with so much hate? Normal people like you and me?

rofl, sorry. but tea bagging is actually a ..erm... term for a sexual act. The 'Teabaggers' obviously didn't do their research about the term or they would have chosen differently XD

See

its hilarious XD

As for the flames: some people just do it for fun. Angering people is fun for them. That's why if you ignore flamers, they generally go away. If you confront flamers, they stay on.

Also: normal? What is this normal you speak of? In other words, what constitutes normalcy on the net? XD

And you should note that flaming is an internet thing, so not only americans do it.

You should check out youtube for teh h8. the comments are about 90% "YOU ARE A ____"

Gets rather tiresome.

Off topic:

I saw this one flamer who was nice and was actually entertaining. She didn't resort to insulting a person,used good grammar, and her arguments were more than a single sentence. The cool thing about this particular flamer was that she stopped when asked to. Most don't lol

: on reflection, i have no idea what I was posting here. >.>

@KTC- But who are the teabaggers

Went to you tube as you suggested opened a random song (one by Bieber)

First comment

SHORT GUY

Second Comment

My favourite female singer

:)

teabaggers are people who do teabagging which is the act of when a male- wait, wrong definition.

Teabaggers are a political party. more info here

And justin bieber does sound like a girl >.>

Yah, a very squeaky girl lol.

Ohh, that’s what tea bagging means XD

Ugh, words have such unpredictable meanings like “snow blowing” for example (I didn’t know what it meant until someone told me xD)

Oh well, it’s the World Wide Web, what do you expect?

You see swearing/flaming/people literally killing each other here, almost everywhere.

All you can do is stay out of it.

It seems like a lot of what you see online and in the news are those who are most vocal even if they are in the minority. People also say things online when they can do it anonymously, whether they would do it in person is another story.

I wouldn't worry too much about it and just ignore it. You're just wasting your time if you get all worked up about it.

There's a popular formula for those who post comments on the internet:

Average person + audience + anonymity = Royal $*@#! :)

Most of the comments are just that: just comments someone says because they can say them and remain anonymous.

BTW - The "Tea Party" is a grassroots conservative political movement. The term "Tea Baggers" was applied to them by those who don't agree with their views. They didn't give themselves that idiotic name.

@arggie: well, they were asking for it (lol) when the teabaggers themselves were waving 'teabag the dems' signs and

Unless they were really that ignorant, they were essentially saying 'let's rape the dems and obama'.

Than again, there was this one organization, I forgot what it was called but its name was highly similar to a gay dating website. which was really funny cuz that organization was against gay marriage.

*goes off to look for what it was called*

AH, here we go. 2M4M = "2 Million for Marriage"= initiative against gay marriage

M4M.com = gay dating website

XD

O_o, the 2M4M thing is just totally twisted/confusing.

So the ‘tea baggers’ got the name from all that ‘anti’ stuff?

Lol, that Rachel Maddow show is side-splitting XD

If I just write Americans are lame and abused you, would you care?

But what pleases me is the majority of people are completely illiterate and you can reply to all of them and insult them without being abusive (not that I do this)

For example most people think you can destroy a country with a firebomb?

@theone: i don't understand your post at all.

Americans: I'd just roll my eyes and think 'another typical flamer'

next bit: no idea what you're getting at

firebomb: ???

@theone, Of course I’d mind, I’d even fire back lol.

@KTC, Illiterate/Firebomb: on the internet people don’t really take the pains of using proper language, or explaining things to a person during an argument. They just go straight for the coarse language/swearing. And it gets uglier as it goes on.

They think by only shooting swear words/firebombs at people they win the entire argument.

I think that's what theone meant.

@lovinlife: eh, if that's so. its probably because its easier to attack the person than the opinion.

Rather than take the time in explaining why you are wrong, it's much simpler to just say "You're a freaken bigoting, sexist, black, pig. You're mother must have dumped you in the trash can" Or some other nonsense.

That actually shows the person doesn’t have an intellect & just to avoid the subject/ get away with the main disagreement they state all that profanity & the internet happens to be a popular place to do that.

I’ve seen lotsa people like that, even in RL – and I find it dum/lame how people think their “cool” if they do nothing but swear/abuse – it’s just stupid, and people like that need to get a real life.

But on the other hand, people do have the right to swear for a logical Reason

Now this is a topic I truly hate. I hate flaming with every bone in my body. I do not accept it and will not hesitate to report it. This has happened a lot on yahoo esp at my first question, so I couldn't do nothing then since I was level 1. I could report it, but I don't think I did? (can't remember) It was the true example of disgusting behavior. All people did was keep thumbing him down, but still... IT WAS THERE. So when I became level 2 I thumbed down all the flaming (level 3 as of now) and reported that answer which soon got deleted. Also, Yahoo does not play. I was saying happy holidays in question format, and I got my first and only violation notice. >.>

"Also, Yahoo does not play. I was saying happy holidays in question format, and I got my first and only violation notice. >.>"

Um, what's wrong in saying happy holidays? It isn’t abusing/insulting anybody lol

@a loveinlife, some people think "Happy Holidays" is offensive because it degrades the Christian celebration of Christmas or something like that. There's no winning. (rolls eyes)

@lovinlife: imo, swearing itself isn't bad. I swear like a sailor in real life but I'm still able to make coherent arguments when I want.

In fact, the only reason why I'm not swearing on the forum is due to the rules lol.

Well, there’s nothing really wrong in it. But I find it ridiculous how people just misuse the words/randomly swear.

Ex:

Me: I LOVE the color blue.

Person: oh yeah, that makes you a __________ _______________ your mother is a ________ you don’t have a _____ etc.

^ Seriously, is that even necessary? And people have it in their vocabulary, it gets annoying at times.

As long as a person can use it only when needed, perfectly fine with me.

Oh and Lots of people are doing that for the same reason here on AM xD

People swear a lot, no doubt. But in person, swearing is pretty inoffensive. I swear a bit real life too. But on the net, you cant see what the other person looks like. And naturally one assumes that the person is being offensive and abusive.

What does a person’s appearance have anything to do with how offensive/abusive that person would be?

Sometimes even the nicest looking people can have a really bad tongue/dialect .

Oh, well, yes and it is naturally hard for people to take it, if someone just says something insulting/abusive for fun or not.

But it all depends on how you state it:-

ex: if someone said my drawing sucks worse than his/her 3 year old brother, but laughed, smiled, or just I donno, pat me on the back, while saying it, I wouldn’t take that as an insult.

But if that person looks at my artwork and randomly abuses it, with a totally serious face/completely means it, I would just shoot something back.

The facial expressions/actions/voice, and whether it was supposed to be a joke or not matter, a lot.