Aveyond Studios Community
Sign in to follow this  
TheFool

Favorite Sat. Morning Cartoon Character

Most of us had cartoons growing up (or still do). This week a song popped into my head completely at random. It starts out: "Life is like a hurricane..." - and you'll probably have it stuck in your head for the rest of the week thanks to me. It got me thinking, as an adult, which character do I most enjoy? My answer was obvious: Launchpad McQuack.

And so I devised this little game: Post a picture of your favorite character (G Rated cartoons only! No adult swim or awesome anime) and their catch phrase! You can also post a little info about them, for those of us too old or too young to remember.

Here's mine:

Launchpad McQuack:

"If its got wings, I can crash it!"

Pilot of Scroodge McDuck during Duck Tails as well as sidekick of the infamous Darkwing Duck. He's brave, loyal, and dumb as rocks. One of the only characters I am familiar with that appears as a sidekick on two different shows to two different characters.

Words from the Fool:

Saturday morning cartoons have gotten dumber as the years go on... No, actually they're the same, it is more that we've gotten a bit older. We forget all the TERRIBLE cartoons we used to think were so cool, or remember them wrong. GI Joe, He-Man, Thundercats, even my beloved Inspector Gadget were all awful (Though Don Adam's voice acting is incredible). Yet a few, like Duck Tails stand the test of time and, if you go back and re-watch them, contain multiple levels of humor as well as just being a good story. Ninja Turtles hold up surprisingly well despite having one of the stupidest premises of a cartoon. Beast Wars also falls into the surprise category for me. It's fun to go back and re-watch an episode or two of your classic memories, but you may find it surprising which withstand adulthood and which fall painfully short. No Fooling.

(Note: I'm pretty sure this cartoon plays on Saturdays. Also, I just started watching it recently, but I find it funny, despite its stupidity. XD)

width=300http://img256.imageshack.us/img256/4453/zimscreamoptimized.png[/img]

Character:

"Invader" Zim

"Catchphrase":

"I AM ZIM!"

Info:

Zim's from a cartoon called Invader Zim. He is an alien from the planet Irk, where rank is based upon height. The taller you are, the higher your rank. Now, Zim happens to be, very, very short. In order to get rid of him, Zim's leaders, the Tallest, send him on a mission to invade a planet they're not 100% sure exists. Which, happens to be Earth.

--

I don't know why, but I find this show hilarious. I'm also a fan of Gaz, another character in the cartoon. She's obsessed with video games. ^^

Of the "classic" cartoons of the good ol' days, I must say I was quite the fan of The Roadrunner Show. Both the Roadrunner and Wile E. Coyote were fun to watch, IMO!

If I had to choose one Saturday morning cartoon that I enjoyed and still enjoy, it would be the Animaniacs. There are tons of characters in this series - all great and memorable in their own way - but my absolute favourite was Chicken Boo.

Animaniacs_ChickenBoo.jpg

Catchphrase: *clucks* (He's a chicken. What else do you expect?)

Info: He's a giant chicken. He tries to pretend he's human. Doesn't really work xD

"You wear a disguise to look like human guys,

But you're not a man, you're a Chicken Boo!"

---------------------------------

I was also quite the fan of Beast Wars (as well as Reboot and Shadow Raiders, all of them Mainframe works, but the latter two were not Saturday morning cartoons, though).

Alas, I had a deprived childhood ;_; I didn't get to watch many Saturday morning cartoons that I can remember because, starting when I was around 8 or 9, I had piano lessons every Saturday morning...

I hadn't replied yet, because, being a cartoon maniac when I was younger and, let's face it, am still one today, I couldn't pick just one favorite. But then I thought, there is one duo that I watched religiously then and still watch today, if I can catch them when I'm home.

Tom & Jerry

width=300http://images2.fanpop.com/image/photos/8900000/Tom-and-Jerry-tom-and-jerry-8956874-711-565.jpg[/img]

Catchphrases

Jerry - *silence* (he is a mouse, afterall)

Tom - "YEEEOOOOOWWWWWW!!!!!!" (usually in some sort of pain, due to Jerry ;))

It's hard to pick just one favorite Saturday morning cartoon. I really enjoyed the Looney Tunes, Tom and Jerry, and Animaniacs. I also remember watching He-Man and She-Ra but I wouldn't call them my favorites.

@Klaus: Calling Lion King, Mulan and Aladin classics suddenly made me feel old. Personally, I consider the ones from early 80s (when I was born) or earlier as the classics.

You can't be serious Panda. Please tell me you aren't serious.

I mean, what a shameless plug for the gameboy and other Nintendo characters.

He isn't even as cool as Ness... who is about as uncool as wearing gym shorts in public.

Oh man, that memory is so repressed I cant even think of a Captain N catch phrase.

Captain N? That's one that I don't remember at all. When was it on TV and on what network? We only had 3-4 channels on our TV and even then it depended on how well the reception was with the rabbit ear antenna. I missed out on a lot of shows growing up. :( Though, even with cable now, it seems like there's nothing worth watching other than repeats of repeats.

@Mizzou - Captain N ran for a few seasons in the late 80s/early 90s on NBC. It was basically a half-hour commercial for Nintendo games. :) The good guys were Nintendo game heroes and the bad guys were Nintendo game enemies (led by a comical Mother Brain from Metroid).

Even the main computer the good guys used was a giant Game Boy...lol.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Captain_N

Fool: Yes, the very one XD (Sorry, I had a soft spot for Simon)

Well, it's between that and the cheesy Zelda cartoons that used to come on every Friday on the Super Mario Bros. Super Show :P

There was an aardvark on the Bullwinkle and Rocky show? Somehow I can't imagine it...

I gotta love Boris & Natasha though...

Boris: "Look, is Moose and Squirrel!"

Natasha (Depressed): "Is always moose and squirrel...."

I love Bugs Bunny, but I have to say that Ilove Spongebob and Patrick from Spongebob Squarepants even more. I love the stupidity and how much fun it is to watch.

Catchphrases: anything stupid, Spongebob's laugh...

"BAHAHAHA!"

Call me crazy, but I've watched about 8 seasons of it. Fairly Odd Parents is funny too. i.e. Cosmo.

Tom and Jerry for me too. :D Most of the new cartoons aren't nice....for me that is. Tom and Jerry is the best for me! :D

Unless you count a number of anime shows which I watch every saturday I guess its Tom and Jerry.

I don't remember what time this played, but I remember watching it when I had to go to work with my dad... it also shows what a nerd I am... Bill Nye the Science Guy (other than that I loved the Muppet show, but that was late afternoon on weekdays)