Aveyond Studios Community
Sign in to follow this  
Axel Moonsong

Hygiene?

Ok,so I started wondering which is the regular "hygiene" of the people.For me is when waking up brushing teeth & washing face,then applying exfoliation cream,then washing face.Changing my clothes,and after school taking a shower.My shower rate is from 2 showers a day to a max distance of 2 days between showers.Which is others people "clean and tidy" variations?

Eww eww eww I can't imagine to not have shower everyday. Totally gross. I shower every morning, brush my teeth, etc etc. When I was in Philippines, we bath every morning and a quick shower in the evening (it's like 30 degrees here dude!!) AND even afternoon on weekends. :)

I shower once a day. I don't always use shampoo - it just depends on how my hair feels (i.e. if it feels clean and/or dry, I'll hold off on the shampoo), but pretty much always use my hair conditioner. I use shower gel for soap.

During the winter months, I'm generally ok skipping a shower for a day on occasion because I generally don't sweat. However, I always shower after a shift at work (I'm a nurse so I come into contact with gross things, lol).

As for the other stuff, I brush my teeth twice a day, and usually floss once a day. I don't wash my face at the sink since I have good skin, so instead, I just give it a quick scrub in the shower.

As for hygiene products...I buy whatever is on sale, LOL! (although, I almost never buy Fructis; it feels weird in my hair)

@Klaus

I just use liquid eyeliner, most of which comes off in the shower :P (I also have eye make-up remover on hand, too, and use it if the shower doesn't take off all of it)

For special events, I'll use foundation, powder, blush, and eyeshadow on top of the usual eyeliner.

Klaus, using face creams and the like count as medication towards a healthier skin. Don't worry about it, as long as you think you look good, you'll probably be doing the right thing.

For me, I take a quick shower in the morning, wash my face properly when I'm done and apply face cream. I then brush my teeth and proceed to continue with the other things I'll usually be doing an hour before the school bus comes (which includes packing my bag ... xD).

After wearing the uniform, I spray my chocolate-scented deodorant (AXE, if you're wondering) and perfume if I'm not late for the bus. lol

I usually don't sweat much at school, but I always shower once I reach home. The most I can go without a shower or bath is a day during winter when it's raining/hailing all the time outside and I'm usually cuddled in my blankets doing my homework or reading a good book.

Of course, whatever the conditions are, I apply the face cream and brush my teeth at night before I sleep.

(Same applies in weekends and holidays, I guess)

Yep, that's it. I don't recall any more than that. xD

Well I won't... Anywho, I like to use pencil eyeliner (a little black or light purple) and eyeshadow (like smokyshadow blast) and sometimes I use lipgloss. Once for a school play, I hade foundation, blush, eyeliner, mascara, eyeshadow and lipstick, plus any mouse or animal decoration I needed. BTW, Klaus, I love your Nanaki Avvie!

Man, you people wash often! I just brush my teeth twice a day, wash my private parts daily (that's really important!), and take a shower every two days, plus a weekly sauna. When I exercise, I take a shower, though, so during some weeks I might shower daily. I don't use that many products, just soap and shampoo and moisturizer. Used coffee grinds (mixed with liquid soap or body wash) for exfoliating and honey for purifying the skin (works wonders combined with sauna!).

hummm... well I guess I wake up and drag my self to the bathroom and comb my hair (fix one little hair that likes to stick streight up -_-) mouth wash, and brush teeth (I should floss but I'm so lazy, besides its extra hard with braces) Take a shower every other day... hummm wash my face... thats all I can think of.

After I wake up I wash my face, take a bath, eat and brush my teeth and apply skin care stuffs on my skins,(no make ups) even it seems take years to see the effect. I comb my hair for like thrice a day, before it's twice. I take a bath twice a day. It's very relaxing after a tiring day.

@Mae, is it a Finnish thing or do we just have same kind of habits by accident :D jk

Only things I do certainly every morning are brushing teeth, using tons of skin creams/lotions/oils and changing my underwear and cleaning my private parts. With atopic skin especially in winter every day shower drys my skin too much so I can't do it every day when it's cold and dry outside. And I can't use soap or shower creams to clean my skin so I must use some skin lotion to that, too. I can't wash my hair every day so I do it 3x/week MAX, but my hair isn't dirty or greasy because head skin gets used to it very quickly and it's healthier not to use shampoo every day.

My biggest lack of hygiene is that I occasionally go to sleep without washing off the make up after a very rough day *.*

@Leelah: I think it might be a Finnish thing, but also a little bit of a generation thing. Those now in their sixties and above might not be used to washing themselves even so often as we do. At least when I talk to some of my neighbours it seems that way.

@Mae, I agree with you. Now that I think of my Mom who turns 55 this year, she does shower/go to sauna MAX 3x/week or less. Even though she's an aenesthetic nurse, but that is, I think, because they have such high hygiene standards at the ward because of the operating room(s). (this was just because someone mentioned being a nurse :) )

@Leelah: I was thinking about this today even more, and I think that the number of bidet's in this country is very much related to this discussion. As I understand, it's not very common in a global scale to have a bidet in practically every private bathroom in the entire country (and most public ones have at least one stall with one). We have an easy way to wash our privates every day and don't have to take a full-fledged shower.