Aveyond Studios Community
Stardale

Having no Homeworks on Weekends: Agree or not?

@KTC- Homework and useful. Not really. Like I said, we had minimum to no homework through out in our school and it is one of the best schools in the country

homework during weekend? hmm sounds tired,,hahaha

what stardale says that reasonible?

hmmm maybe better if the homework not given on weekend, just on dayschool,,so the children can still have time to play and together with their family,,

but homework i think are important to practice not only the study but the children can practice to manage the time,,

@ris: as i've said, you cannot guarantee that students would actually do them. Also, i agree with KTC, that there're some students that fast on doing them, yet the others are having trouble. Then, it'll more troubling to have extra on normal days.

Managing time: yes, it'll needed to everyone, since we all need to rest and all.

For me Homework is okay.if it is few, and doesn't get in the way of something important, but people gets really lazy and starts to hate it even though they need it. I like to have 1 or 2 homeworks because many will make me go headache. Don't worry after your finished you can rest too! :lol:

Omg the solution is simple. Do the homework on Friday and play on the weekends. :)

That advice has been around since the beginning of time, but I don't think anyone ever follows it.  :D

^ Some assignments often take more than a day to finish (if they're really taking it seriously lol), like essays. XD 

Now that I'm at this point of finishing college, I guess some things that irked me more than having weekend assignments are the following:

1. Receiving a huge capstone assignment late with a nearby deadline. Case in point: One of my professors posted an assignment on the class moodle at 2:30 a.m, which was about a 25-page library research paper due in two days. While it might be okay for professors to expect English majors to whip up a well-written article, it is NOT okay to make us suffer like that. O___O (The topic was about Minimalist Syntax, which was definitely not the most interesting thing for us to learn in linguistics lol)
  2. Having assignments just to have a grade. What's the purpose of an assignment if it's real purpose is just to have a grade? -_-'

Between having weekend assignments and these two, the former seems to be the lesser evil. XD Take your pick.

Well in our schls assingnments r like no. 2....its just 4 grades....n thts its given in holidays whch is so stupid....all the holidays we end up doing various assignments....

^ Some assignments often take more than a day to finish (if they're really taking it seriously lol), like essays. XD 

Now that I'm at this point of finishing college, I guess some things that irked me more than having weekend assignments are the following:

1. Receiving a huge capstone assignment late with a nearby deadline. Case in point: One of my professors posted an assignment on the class moodle at 2:30 a.m, which was about a 25-page library research paper due in two days. While it might be okay for professors to expect English majors to whip up a well-written article, it is NOT okay to make us suffer like that. O___O (The topic was about Minimalist Syntax, which was definitely not the most interesting thing for us to learn in linguistics lol)
  2. Having assignments just to have a grade. What's the purpose of an assignment if it's real purpose is just to have a grade? -_-'

Between having weekend assignments and these two, the former seems to be the lesser evil. XD Take your pick.

Personally, I can't think of assignments in Uni as the same as homework, for the simple reason that you get homework every day in schools while assignments are a pretty rare beast.....

Though to be fair to your professor, it's not like students actually work before the last two days anyway :P

I agree and disagree:

Agreement: I agree that having homework could be a pain in the butt. Like some of my teachers make us to remember some answers that is kinda long and some part of a essay that is also kinda long.

Disagreement: I think that homework could help us on tests and exams. In my middle school, my teachers told me to study and answer the questions in my book because it might come up.

@Sunny_angel: I've always seen homework = assignment = take home task. I guess we differ in definition. :P 

@Lhmh2015: Yeah, home works CAN help, but washback is often not considered. This term called "washback," is a term associated with assessment, where both students and teachers should learn and improve from their shortcomings, i.e. the learner becomes better while the teacher can make it a room for improving his/her methods. However, as I said, it's possible that many of those HWs are made without purpose save for having a grade.

Ok I don't understand how universities work but when you go from kindergarten to college it gets rough, and homework gets harder. Look at me, I have to do an essay about gratefulness. But that's what internet is here, you can just google and done. ^^