Aveyond Studios Community
Sign in to follow this  
Aeternus

Wanderlust: Some late-night musings

I don't know what it is but I'm starting to feel a sense of restlessness. I have always loved to travel and have dreamed for a long time of visiting all sorts of interesting places around the world. My parents, however, don't travel much for various reasons, so they always told me, "When you grow older and make money, you can travel wherever you want."

And that's what I did. Last May, a couple friends and I did a 10-day tour of five European cities (well, technically six since Vatican City is a country in its own right). Then, in June, I graduated from university, and in July, started my brand new shiny job in a new city (relatively) far away from home.

So it's been about three-ish months since I started working and I'm already feeling bored and restless. I feel like leaving everything, packing my clothes, and going somewhere. But where? And with what savings? And with what time? (Yeah, reality bites, LOL)

I think life has taken on a routine and I'm unsure of what to look forward to. When I was in school, there was always "the future" - graduating and getting a job, basically. Now that I'm working...what else is there? I just see years and years of working life ahead of me and I get the sense that I need to make something of it, make it worthwhile and memorable. And for the record, I don't plan on the whole marriage and having kids thing, so yeah.

Does anyone else get these feelings of something more being out there somewhere? Or am I just being weird? xD

Weird?That isn't a word if you have met me.It's not weird,it's called lust of adventure.I really must say that I will travel along he world with my girlfriend/boyfriend (who knows,God decides,not me),and travel along the world,and stopping for a little time at various places,and working there.I would sincerely prefer to be a bartender.You are always needed if you are one.

Travelling, ah yes, the thing you do after the rest. :)

I would be glad to travel around the world, seeing every country, every forest. I would most likely get a job as wildlife veterinarian, travelling around to exotic places, curing sick or injured animals there.

That is what i want to do about travelling. :3

Heck! I wouldn't even care about a job. Every time I think of life in a working place, I get repelled. I essentially have a wild and adventurous personality and really don't like being restrained by office time blues. It's like I'm losing a purpose to my life. I still have no idea as to what I wanna do with my life, at least not one that would be acceptable. If I could, I would spend my whole life travelling around. Without a single care in the world!

But then again, we don't always get what we want. That's why I'm an otaku. I take recluse in those, thinking that even real life might be this exciting or adventurous. Silly me..

It's not my fault it was a red card i took from the pile, it's the cards fault.

"Everyone is longing for that, you should just let it pass by, he/she will eventually come.

But it won't hurt looking around."

Thats what i say to people longing that much. :)

I've tried looking, I haven't found anything yet, maybe you'll be luckier than me?

Cheer up, both of you. :3

Klaus, it doesn't matter which gender you like, you are the same person.

Vally, I share your bad luck, do i complain?

Cheer up!

"Smile every once in a while,

hum a melody.

Happiness will come to you eventually"

It can mean several things, including normal happiness and love. :3

@ Matty - Now you're giving me bad conscience! xD Yeah well.. *collapses out of sheer frustraion of real life*

@ Klaus - I was gonna give a weird look, but I reconsidered, lol. We can love anyone we are close to, regardless of who we are.

It's just that sometimes, its majorly depressing when the person you love is neutral towards it all.

*back on topic. We'll get thrashed if we get too carried away from the main line!!!*

*slaps self back into smile*

Guys, get a hold.

@ klaus - *ahem* A suggestion. There's a "gay marriage" topic in here. Pour all the excitement there ;D

I can't stay in one place for long at all.

I'm the opposite when it comes to revealing that I'm sad. I'm always masking it..

Very straightforward about other feelings though, but only in certain situations. I have great difficulty expressing my real feelings with those I'm closest too (unless they understand me in and out)

@ Aeternus - Take a leave, pack your bags, and set off on a wild adventure to the Amazon! You need it and you deserve it. No point staying at home and brooding. You'll feel much lighter when you're outside and moving from place to place :)

if you mean wanting to leave your country, then Yes. I always want to travel to London. From there tour Britain. First, Somerset, then Gloucestershire followed by Worcestershire and Durham. Then on to Glasgow and Dublin before going back to London. Then a European tour. :D

Lots of travelling fun if I can afford it :D

Meh, it would be nice to travel around the world as a travelling vet.

Which is why i enjoy biology and stuff.

I would also like to be a travelling designer or Actor. Any job including travelling. :)

Aeternus, you're not the only one who'd like a change in life. I suppose everyone does; I'd like to see all the beautiful things and the pretty places that exist in this world.

Unfortunately, I can't do so since I'm still in school. Once I've graduated from a university with a degree in medicine in hand, I'll probably be working in one place, since it'll be hard to move around a lot with an occupation like that. I think that it might be the same for you, so take a vacation; it could be a replacement for permanently deserting your post, and you'll still be refreshed.

Maybe you could go somewhere you've never been before, somewhere that's exotic? I'm not quite sure, since this is the first time I actually discuss in such a topic, but I hope that this post turns out to be a little bit useful. ^^

@Aeternus: If you really like to travel, maybe you need to find a way to combine your work and travel. If I remember correctly, you're a nurse so Doctors Without Borders might be something to consider, though I'm not sure what is required for it. I know it's still work but it does involve going to other countries.