Aveyond Studios Community
Sign in to follow this  
Cryzkia

What animals are worth. Debate.

lol :D I know. I have always been bad at summarizing stuff. Anyway, I was saying that I don't really believe that animals worth as much as humans in the humans point of view. Pretty much like how other animals wouldn't think that the other animal species including humans worth as much as their own. In the other long post I mentioned why I think so.

@heero: sooo you basically believe that humans are worth more than animals due to your human bias?

It's an understandable position. I think its incorrect, but its understandable.

@heero: whoa~ pretty much. I'm same with KTC. But i think it's not making sense that roaches would rule the world instead of anyelse. All Humans actually aren't so bad to kill animals without mercy(bear me, insects and parasites).

@KTC, I know it's selfish to think that way. But I can't help not to care about my own kind more than the other animals' species.

@shadowdshed, exactly. It doesn't make any sense that roaches would rule the world. Same as with the people who would ask me how I'd feel if I switched places with that poor roach that might kill me out of disgust (assuming that I shrank and the roach turned into a giant and can squash me now). They would say it is cruel and unfair. But it is never gonna happen. It is unrealistic to compare human's capabilities and emotions to those of a roach.

@heero: umm, are you sure with this? They're insect, roaches.. I'm kinda afraid of them, so when i find them on the toilet, i would kill them immadiately. Unfair? Well, since i don't want they mess with my face when i'm sleeping(they climb my bed lol).

Giant roach: well, even with them being small, i'm afraid enough(shrank, well). Giant, ow...

And what did you mean with the last sentence? Emotions?

@shadowshed, I kill roaches too. I get so scared and disgusted of them. This makes me believe that if I should ever say that humans are equal to animals, I'd be not true, since I kill them. Some of my friends who think otherwise would say that animals have feelings, even the roaches. And when they tell me of this 'if you were in their shoes' theory, I just think that it is unrealistic. Yeah, maybe roaches have feelings but they are not as powerful as human's. If they did, we would have seen a group of roaches rebelling against our rule every now and then like humans do. That's what I meant by my last sentence.

@Heero: well, you don't need to think that the roach is equal to you to kill it, lol. And animals are not just roaches, you know. Saying that animals are having feelings, means that you regret your action to kill the roach?

mmm,,,my opinion is i'm still not agree with human same with animals, and human are from animals,,

thats weird,,

i think human have higher level than animals, because human can thinking much better than animals, but because human and animals are same living things, it must be keep caring ang loving,,

i'm sorry cause my english not good,, :oops:

@ris_mun: that you're saying that humans only being superior than animals just because they could think more complicated. Then, it only works in cleverness level, which you must be already known that chimpanzees are the smartest animals. Oh, and one thing, that humans are animal. They come from animal, though they're better with evolution. Both humans and animals have their very own ability.

@shadowshed: hmmm,,thank for u'r opinion too,,,

but i'm still confuse with theory that human are evolution from animals, in other theory that there is first human on earth,

hahaha if this being continued, will still debate and confusing,,

okay,,=D

@ris_mun: ??

I don't get what you mean by the 2nd theory involving 1st human on earth.

Science: Humans were a product of evolution-advantageous adaptations = survive better = live long enough to produce offspring.

@shed: where did you hear chimps were the smartest animals?

@Shed and theone, I just used roaches as an example. I don't feel guilty when I kill them. Pretty much like how I won't feel guilty if I ever have the guts to kill a lion or a shark or whatever. I would feel guilty though if I killed a dog or a cat or any cute and human-friendly animal. This proves that there's no equality between animals themselves then how will there be equality between humans and the other animals?

@ris_mum, I don't get your 2nd theory either.

@ KTC & Heero :

i'm sorry maybe my english still bad, so i can't be good explain,,

there is theory in my religion, i think its odd telling about religion here,,(i'm sorry if its be offended)

but something that i can tell is human aren't evolution from animal (maybe its weird cause there are theory evolution), human are from human,,

maybe its still confusing,,i'm not coerce u guys to believe this, that just my opinion, =)

but thanks for u'r attention,,=D

@ris: so your religion says we don't come from animal and I presume a higher power (be it god or gods) created human?

okay. It's not a theory though. Theories are backed by a lot of evidence that can handle rigorous testing. Unfortunately, people keep using the word incorrectly.

@Heero: oh, then it's excatly what you said. humans and animals are not equal

@KTC: heard it from my friends?? they also gave me the articles

@ris: did you meant that you confused with two different theories that the first tell you that humans are from animal's evolution, and the another one tell that humans are God's first creature??

@KTC: yeah, with that theory, people will definitely think that they're take the superiority

@ktc, primates/chimps are the closest animals to human. Also, their ability to handle tools, hunt in groups, communicate using sign language, solve press on problems, rank them top on the list.

@heero, but lion cubs are Cute XD and can be tamed too.

@ris_mum, I believe in that too. I believe that God created human. My idea of evolution is like this. The primitive human was, let's say, so tall to help him climb the trees to get the fruits he needs for nutrition. Then by the time, he discovered how to make a ladder, so he doesn't need to be tall anymore. That's when the new generations started to get shorter. Bad example, right? Here's another example that you already know of, I guess. A bacterium would mutate to become resistant to this certain antibiotic. Thus, only the mutant bacteria will survive. This is called natural selection. By the end, almost all the bacteria of this kind are resistant to this antibiotic. Evolution happened to this certain species of bacteria since it became resistant. However, this species is still the same, it still belongs to the same genus, same class and same kingdom. It still performs the same task it had to do before mutation and evolution. It still has the same niche. The only thing changed is that it became better at survival. I believe it's the same for human. I can mention more examples if you want (I studied a whole chapter about mutation and evolution in the Bio course last year and I'd love to torture you with the info I was tortured with :D I ate a lot of DS cookies which is why I'm being evil). Anyway, I believe that human has always been a human. He has passed by many evolution stages but has always been a human. Human has always belonged to the kingdom of animalia under the class of mammals. I have heard of this theory that human was a monkey and then developed till he finally became a human. I personally don't believe in it.

@lovinlife, in this case I'd spare their lives XD

"However, this species is still the same, it still belongs to the same genus, same class and same kingdom"

This is wrong: evolution can change a species entire niche. And plenty of species have splintered off so much they can't even mate with each other. That is one way to test a species: whether the members can mate with each other and produce viable, fertile offspring. To show how wrong your idea is- just look at dolphins and whales.

Originally, they were land mammals so if your idea was correct they should have evolved into land mammals. Instead, they evolved for the sea and there is no way they can go back to land any time soon.

@KTC: I think that dolphins and whales are just too big to get near the land. They may be evoluted to a mammal, but they'd still stay at deep oceans. Beaches are too shallow for them to get near, again.

But, "Originally, they were land mammals"

really?

@KTC: Wow, that's mean, it'll be a big difference! I don't think that land mammals have gills? Howcome that they're evoluted? Did they like to swim? Since humans also evoluted due to their usuall habits.

People are still studying on how exactly cetaceans evolved. A dolphin was a land terrestrial fifty million years ago, and then it evolved into a marine mammal.

You can still see some correlation:-

Dolphins go to the surface to breathe air.

Their fin bones are comparable to limbs of a land mammal.

The vertical vertebral column/spine movement is more like a characteristic that a running land mammal has.

Not such a big difference, but quite a revolution. ;p