Aveyond Studios Community
Sign in to follow this  
Coren

RPG Heroes are Jerks? True or False?

Chosen Ones aren't paid very highly, so they resort to being Robin Hoods. Only they're too scared of the rich dudes' bodyguards, so they had to do a reverse Robin Hood XD Good one, Kirro. In fact, I think the only exception to this rule (that I know of) is FF8. The only thing one can loot in that world are magic spells :P (because the heroes are paid a periodic salary... see what I mean? Come on, they need to eat too while saving the world XD)

haha good one.

Though in a rpg game like Mass Effect. You CAN be a real jerk and its acknowledged XD

In the game, I was able to punch a girl in the face just cuz she was annoying me. It was awesome :3 I was also able to punch a raving lunatic in the face to shut him up. That was fun. Oh oh, and you're almost always have the option of 'shoot the person' in stead of negotiating. (massive mass effect fanboy present)

lol. that was fun.

sword made out of grandmothers.

i wonder what attributes it has... :D

i remember the first time i played an rpg... i was so happy i found items in somebody else's home but then i realized, hey i'm the hero! am i supposed to do this? but then there're no options to actually return the item. i guess that's why i like thief jobs, it kinda makes sense when i'm looting the town. :D

There are some games like Eschalon where stealing is hard from people's home. What I do? Wait for night, steal the torches, the other guy can't see. Then rob him blind.

Trick 2- Close the door.

But it is WEIRD how a hero can rob and still be the epitome of goodness trying to save the world from consumation by an evil foe

Yeah, it is rather strange. How can you be a nice, good, TRUSTWORTHY person if you go around looting people's homes? Oh well... I really like looting the towns, because the villagers never seem to notice that they've lost 2000 Gold worth of valuables... Heheheh. I mean really... I can see someone not noticing 1 or 2 G lost, but as you get farther, you start to take 8000 from their homes. How do you k=not notice that. What are their conversations like? "Hi honey, I'm home, and did you notice that we've lost 8000G?" "No, you must be imagining things, dear, now eat your meatloaf."

lol XD

Aw ... *looks down* ... I never thought about what I'm doing while gaming to other people. *sniff*

Okay seriously now, I loot people's houses in nearly every RPG I happen to come across and like. Man it must be hard for those farmers. Too bad they've been programmed not to mind. I'm beginning to feel sad about it though ... >,<

Oh well, I'll get over it soon. lol

*Falls over laughing*

Oh my.

That's funny.

I've never thought of it like that... I figured a great hero only really comes once a generation; if the hero doesn't save the world, then it wouldn't matter if they had money or not, they'd be just as dead.

Though why are they putting stuff in pots and barrels if they -didn't- want it stolen, hmm? Maybe they actually hide things for the hero to 'find' so the hero doesn't really steal their life savings.

Eh, oh well. If I can steal in a game, I totally will. (Usually.) Lol.

Hahahahahaha

never thought of this before!

Stealing over houses, actually is my profession in every game, haha....

Heros=thieves.

So, every thieves is a hero?

Geez, but the game offering so much valuable things. What could i do beside steal?

Weird!

I finally watched it until the very end. I'm laughing now, instead of feeling sad for the poor guys.

"Sword made of Grandmothers" lol xD

I'm pretty sure the item description would be something like:

". . . the caring power of this sword tames monsters and bakes cookies . . ."

It would be interesting to see this in action. ^o^

That was hilarious, i loved the part where he was trying to walk away but he couldn't because the npc was blocking him, lol.

It had all the questionable parts of an RPG.

You made my afternoon. ( థ ౪ థ )

Sword of Grandmothers lol yeah.

I always felt that Rhen stole from chests but Talia was an outright thief. She didn't even spare the barrels or her home town. Atleast, Rhen does not rob Clearwater. Ean too. Mel is a thief. The rest well, THIEVES!!