Aveyond Studios Community
Sign in to follow this  
Blurble

Aveyond High (D_A+Blurble Crack Collab)

I am "alarmingly astonishing and awe-inspiring"? :P

Since Blurble is still a bit busy, which means we won't get any text updates, I'll try putting out another comic page here...

Nice. :D I think this is probably the best AU Aveyond fic I've read. (Not that I've read too many of those kinds.) And since Blurble is writing it, OH YEAH.

And agas has stunning artwork, as usual. c:

EDIT: And who are the suitors? I know that Lars is there thanks to the green hair, but I forgot some of the characters and I have no idea who the others are. ;p

The blonde guy is Agas. Hey, I'm involved :D D_A is not D_A if there's no Agas/Rhen somewhere in the big picture :evil: Black haired guy is Ahriman. Yeah. More info in the Collegium entry linked in the post.

OHOOOO. For some reason I never imagined Agas to be blonde. And... WHAT AHRIMAN. WHAT.

Nice summary on the collegium entry though, hah. So the daevas were dressed as the characters? You love them quite a lot. o_o

Technically there are four guys all told:

Lars

Danny

Agas

Ahriman (ewewew) (he's there mostly for the traumatic, horrifying lulz)

You'll notice Dameon does not appear on that list. He has someone else =DDDD

Oh yay then about Ahriman then. c: It would just be freaky if he was seriously a love interest that Rhen would start liking. Oh my god.

OHO DAMEON.

I am debating as to whether part 2 of the prologue (the arrival at Devin's house) should be posted as part of pt. 1 or separated.

in other news, prologue has been updated.

Depends on what the rest of the first chapter will be about. You could make put it in the prologue and make it very long, or make a separate chapter, but label it "Prologue B" or something.

it's about her arrival at devin's house.

it contains some heavy-duty foreshadowing.

by the way, although i'm writing the story chronologically (it's easier to put together) I think once more chapters are up my order of recommended reading will involve starting once she's already in school, then flashing back to how she got there....

I personally suggest putting it in with the prologue, but it's really up to you. My Prelude arc in OUD is nothing but a very VERY long heavy-duty prologue with lots of not-so-subtle foreshadowing.

Well, you know, most writers like to write high school stories, love triangles, and whatnot. You, my dear Blurb, are a living epitome of heavenly, so you can twist that...that's what I meant...

The Rhen/Dannny/Lars triangle is ye olde typical Good-boy/Bad-boy/Main Character triangle.

I suppose if you stretched very, very far you could say Agas is not /that/ untypical a third harem member (I keep seeing Tamaki from OHSHC when I imagine him... O_O Tamaki as a jerky daeva, though.)

The thing is, mmm, I guess I'm not even focusing sufficiently on the romance in my vision of the story. Especially because I am somewhat conflicted as to whether I even want Rhen to end up with Lars because I am so /tired/ of the bad-boy winning the love triangle....*sigh*

=____= Wouldn't the bad boy here be Agas? At least in my head he is. He's.... a more crass and obnoxious version of Lars, in a way. Like, if Lars had been born in a farm or village or any low-class family, that's what Agas is like. Sort of.

Yeah except Agas isn't obnoxious to Rhen the way Lars is.

He just uses, manipulates, monopolizes, and hits on her when he finds it amusing. Rest of the time he's more focused on drama club/evil plots.(for example, when he recruits her to act in a play he's generally normal around her, except when Lars is around, in which case it's full-on flirting while Lars bubbles away with a rage that HE DOES NO UNDERSTAND)

Lars, pathetic thing that he is, quickly loses track of any goal other than "Make Rhen Pendragon miserable". H's so idiotically focused on it, it takes him ages to realize he's crushing on her in a big way. And just generally he's more... personally petty, I guess. The kind of guy I'd want to torment by /not/ having him end up with Rhen.

LOL, OTP-vision ruins all. Well, you never stated just how much of a flirt Agas is to Rhen. Now I know.

My problem with the whole pairing issue is I don't know what to do with Lars most of the time. Especially when Lars IS on screen. Being that there used to be a Lars/Rhen fan in me somewhere, I feel guilty-ish if I don't make him at least crush on her and then I also feel bad about breaking his heart (Agas is a LOT worse than Dameon, dammit).

Appearance wise, Agas beats Daemon. :)

Otherwise, oh wait..... he still beats Daemon. :D

Awesome prologue, great to read. And specially love the screenies or pics by d_a

yes but not in complete form. I've been writing it on the forum as opposed to in a word doc so I submit it every so often so that it's saved...

as to why I'm doing that, I suppose mainly because I want d_a to see things as I wrote them so she can see what's going on?