Aveyond Studios Community
Sign in to follow this  
Axel Moonsong

Anthro art - creepy art or something nice

Lol yes it sounds familiar xD

But people don't have endless patience. You may try explaining one, twice.. about ten times maybe but beyond that is, I think, impossible. Especially if they dont WANT to. And just want to stick to thier own opinions.

I could do that, the only person(s) waiting their life is them.

Wasting their life correcting others.

When you think of that, you realize you have better things to do than listening to them.

Keep on drawing, ignore those who stand in the way, and you will end up as your own kind of Picasso.

(referring to klaus)

Trisha,I couldn't say it better.A day of such things make me loose all my wish of sketching or singing or anything else.And I can't ignore them,because they will yell at me.And I must go,so good night.

I wish, for your sake, that you never give up drawing anthro. Your friends may not like it nor your family but the entire world is open to you. Good night!

@trisha:

The thing with art though is that there really is no right or wrong answers or explanations for art. Both viewpoints (creepy vs not creepy) of anthro art are valid.

Like, I prefer yuri to yaoi in almost all cases. You can try to explain your yaoi likes, but I just accept we're going to have a difference of opinions and leave it at that. (This has happened. my sister is a huge yaoi fan while i'm a huge yuri fan. We haven't killed each other yet [heck, we often show each other awesome yaoi/yuri pics we find even if they aren't what we prefer] so something's working XD)

@KTC

Well if you keep it at 'having your own opinion' is fine by me. But criticizing(not constructive either)

is definitely NOT fine by me.

@trisha: eh, looks like it depends on who's criticizing though :)

I mean, look at this thread: it was basically bash the anthro haters for hating anthros even though their viewpoints is valid lol.

The bullying ain't cool, but the bashing of bashers is cool? lol

Well,try to stand about a month of complaints of wasted talent and earning a life from other style of art...

Lots of people have to deal with this type of criticism, whether it's about art or any other type of talent or line or work. It's just a matter of not letting it get to you (might seem impossible but is easily doable), realizing that you can't please everyone, and doing what is right for you. Getting upset or violent with someone just because they don't like what you are doing only makes things worse and says more about your character than theirs. Also, like other has said, you'll just have to accept the fact that not everyone likes that style of art, if you want to know why you could always ask them (nicely).

@trisha: but you're still bashing meaning you're lowering yourself to their level. You're still hating on someone because they have a difference of opinion or you don't like what they say.

Bashing is bashing regardless of what or who you're doing it to.

The best way to deal with such is to ignore them.

Well what if you tried ignoring and it doesn't work? You can't go on ignoring forever as it just gets to you eventually. And you, out of impulse, just yell at them or beat them up.

@Trisha: Ignoring people who are overly critical and controlling your temper is just a matter of willpower and maturity. It's not impossible to do.

@trisha: you just learn self control.

As mizzou said,

"It's just a matter of not letting it get to you (might seem impossible but is easily doable), realizing that you can't please everyone, and doing what is right for you. Getting upset or violent with someone just because they don't like what you are doing only makes things worse and says more about your character than theirs. Also, like other has said, you'll just have to accept the fact that not everyone likes that style of art, if you want to know why you could always ask them (nicely)."

I've been flamed, discarded, insulted, manipulated, and cursed at before and it never felt nice. Yet you just learn to deal with it and not let it get to you. Resorting to violence doesn't solve the problem. Anger clouds your reasoning and will make you do stupid things.

Well then I guess you'll need to have years of patience for that cause I am impulsive AND aggressive(as it shows from my argument). -sigh- Im going to sleep now. It way past my bed time. Good night.

@klaus: i've had bad days where my dad yells at my face about my inadequacies or one of my close friends decides I'm no longer her friend because I don't agree with her opinion.

I'm sure if you ask around on the forum, you'll find everyone's had some really bad days.

Yet it doesn't excuse you to use violence as they will make the problem worst.

I think anthro is awesome when there's no sex involved. When there's something sexual though, it freaks me out a bit, because... dude it makes me think of the actual animals and it's just weird. e_e

But I find it nice when it's drawn well and stuff. c: