Aveyond Studios Community
Sign in to follow this  
Blondie46

Mouse control v keyboard?

I'd be interested in knowing how many ppl, like me, would rather play an rpg using mouse control rather than the keyboard. Using point and click just seems so much easier. Also, it would be nice if the makers of the games would put that info in the description of the game. Maybe an "(M)" after the title to show whether it offers the "mouse control" option. I don't know how many times I've downloaded an awesome looking game only to find that it only uses keyboard control. What's your take on this?

Ryo prefers keyboard control simply because for him, it's easier to dodge things and time things. Also, Ryo's got a laptop so... the trackpad is just... not useful for doing things quickly and precisely. xD

I prefer using a keyboard. I'll use the mouse to enter a house or talk to people. But for moving I like using a keyboard. I feel it takes too long to use a mouse to move the character where I want him to go.

I prefer the mouse. p: It's way easier. Besides, even if you have a laptop, you can still use a mouse as long as you have a USB port.

I have a wireless mouse too, so it's way more awesome. :D

I too, prefer keyboard control. It is especially useful if I need to maneuver around enemies like in Aveyond (doesn't work with random encounters in other games, obviously), plus mouse only gives two keys, left-click or right-click; keyboards have a whole host of shortcuts I can use, plus some other RPGs also uses other keys to initiate special functions (like card games in the FF series etc). But sometimes, when I'm lazy to direct Mel from the Noble District to the Royal Garden, say, I can just click the Royal Garden and make the computer tell her where to go instead. Lazy me XD

There are ways to do this:

1.I prefer keyboard over pad,or mouse at times,when I have a very crowded area with monsters,and must direct her carefully.

2.I prefer the pad when I am too lazy to lift myself from the bed,turn my monitor to me,and from the bed play it.

3.Mouse,I rarely use it.The character moves much much slower with it,I think.Or is just me?

I prefer the keyboard. Generally not only in playing RPG's. I tried playing Aveyond a couple of times with the mouse but it annoyed me that at some places I had to wait for Mel to reach the end of the hall so that I can see the rest of the way and click there for an instance. I find it way easier to move with the keyboard.

I also prefer the keyboard...I think it's because I started playing RPGs before there were options to use a mouse and now that's how I associate playing with them. I did try the mouse but I figured if it ain't broke don't fix it! lol

keyboard. On AV, I found it a hassle to use mouse because you don't have as much control as a keyboard. You can avoid enemies much better with a keyboard than a mouse.

And for games like mass effect, its keyboard with mouse lol. keyboard for movement and hotkeys while mouse is for shooting and moving your sight.

i prefer keyboard over mouse as well. i use the mousepad on laptop as an added challenge(ever tried playing DOTA on a 10-incher netbook/umpc with the pad? it's a challenge. XD)

though now that the keyboard of my netbook is dead, i have to master using mouse for gaming 'til i find spare parts for it.

I like using the keyboard as well. Though sometimes my hand cramps up and I switch to my mouse for a bit. That only really happens when I've been playing for way longer then I should have, though.

Thanks to everyone for your input. I'm really surprised at the number of ppl who prefer using the keyboard and think using the mouse controls is difficult. I haven't been playing pc rpg's for all that long and first started with the mouse conrol. I guess it's just what you're used to, right. Thanks again.