Aveyond Studios Community
Sign in to follow this  
TheFool

Halloween Costume Contest!

Halloween Costume Contest!

It's the most wonderful time of the year! Today is the day after Halloween (for those that celebrate it) - which means today is ALSO the day all the candy is on sale! HURRAY!

Want a chance at 100 Amaranth gold?

Post your (CHILD FRIENDLY) costume picture and after a week or two Amanda and I will pull out our judging wands and declare a winner.

Bonus points may go to anyone who managed to dress up as an Aveyond character. *GRIN*

To kick things off, here was my AWESOME costume!

Total Cost: Black sweats and black hoodie ~$25. A couple dozen glowsticks $12.

On the bright side I can re-use the clothes for the same costume at any time.

Post your costume:

Words from The Fool:

Laugh at my idiocy. The glowstick skeleton costume is pretty easy to make. However, attaching the glowsticks proved tricky. In the end we opted for superglue and at one point my girlfriend "accidentally" superglued my shirt to my chest. You can not imagine how much it hurts to rip your shirt off your chest! Afterwords a friend of mine says "How come you didn't just use adhesive velcro?" ... No fooling.

Well, my costume doesn't glow in the dark with super glow-stick awesomeness, but I like it anyway. I was a gypsy this year.

width=300http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p202/blondegirlshavefun/DSCF0440-1.jpg[/img]

width=300http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p202/blondegirlshavefun/DSCF0441.jpg[/img]

My costume cost about 15 dollars, since I had the necklace and earrings. I wore a black tiered skirt, found on sale at wal*mart which is the only actual clothing I bought for the costume. The rest of the items I found at the Goodwill when I went shopping with my friends (I was originally looking for stuff to be a 'flower-child'.) The red 'over-skirt' is actually two window valences and the peach blouse and vest was a double layer curtain or something that I cut apart and we sewed. The vest was super easy to make, because the fabric was hemmed already, so we cut the arm holes out and sewed across the top to make shoulders.

I love the fact that my mom was always creative (and she still is), so now I see potential in odd things... Like curtains. lol.

O.O

I MUST POST A PICTURE OF MY COSTUME!!!!! words cannot describe how much i've wanted to do that. i'll try to find you one.

awesome glowsticks. why didn't you attack the shirt with nail polish remover? acetone dissolves superglue.

(dress up as an aveyond character? *looks at D_A* )

I wish I could enter, but I dont' have a costume :(

@TheFool: It's really awesome and very original :D

@Ashen: Looks great ;)

Couldn't imagine it was a curtain. :lol:

@Tei: I'll be waiting to see yours. :lol:

@Tei: What are you looking at me for?

----------------------------------------

I don't need the gold and I'm reaaaally not proud of my costume. I hid in the shadows for most of the Halloween party I wore this to and I didn't let anyone take photos of me, so have this old photo I took of myself in my room. And I actually forgot the black cape when I took this photo :S

I am daeva Nanghaithya

width=400http://www.aveyond.com/uploads/photos/3179.jpg[/img]

You need to upload the image to image sharer like Photobucket or Imageshack.

Then put the link in this code [img*]URL GOES HERE[/img*] and remove the *.

I fixed them for you. You cannot use html in forum posts (in most areas), and in your bbcode, the img and /img tags must be in lower case.

Yes, you need to use the direct url between img tags.

For the above pics, it should be:

[*img]http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/xneradass/Halloween/SANY0160-0.jpg[*/img]

[*img]http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/xneradass/Halloween/SANY0050-0.jpg[/*img]

Don't forget to remove the * :)

Also your file must be under 100k (So try resizing it to be smaller). I ran into that problem myself trying to upload glowstick skeleton!

PS: Feel free to upload old halloween pics, but they aren't eligible to win! (I'll just trust you guys to disclaimer what is old and what is new)

Ashen_Eclipse - Your costume is awesome. I always love hearing about creative stuff made with stuff sitting around the house, and how it was made. I just made a shirt out of an old sheet. Love your creativity!!!

@wubbernubbin: Thanks! :) Being creative is always fun! By the way, I really like your costume as well. It looks sparkly! And the way you did your hair is cute- did you actually curl all of it, or did you use one of those curly hairpieces?

Ashen_Eclipse - Thanks! I bought a curly hair scrunchy for a dollar and just put that in my hair along with a bunch of little pink clips. I also did a similar hair style on my little girl. (She was a princess) There's no way I could get her to sit still while I curled her hair, and with my kids constantly fighting, there was no way I would've had time.

agas: because i remembered the nanghaithya costume, and i'm awaiting the saurva costume ^^ why else? XD

argh, i can't find where my mom put the picture files...but i haven't forgotten, and i will get them up...at some point...

Fool,

Attaching the glow sticks still sounds a little tricky, but it is a cool look. :)

Ashen Eclipse,

I like the gypsy look. :)

Wubbernubbin,

I like your costume and the little clips and curls are a nice touch. :)

harp43,

Yoshii rules! Nice costume :)

@Tei: You're going to have to wait a veeery long time for Saurva :D Mostly because I myself still can't decide how I want Saurva's clothes to look like :laughing: That is, I haven't exactly designed what the armour he's wearing under the robes and cloak looks like. Maybe you can help me find cool, fantasy-esque samurai armour designs?