Aveyond Studios Community
Sign in to follow this  
Axel Moonsong

Religion:Does it cross the border?

Well,let me tell you a lovely event with me:

I was on the street,taking a walk in the city.And a priest offered me a "free" booklet of prayers,I say "free" because you'll see what happens later.

So,I accepted it,and also asked me for a donation for an orphanage.I wanted to donate something,but I had at me just the money to pay the utilities for the month.I said I don't have anything,and they said that I must donate something to get the book.I said,okay,so it's free,but I have to pay for it?This is screwed up,you can keep it.

I initially wanted to take that booklet,to give it to my grandma,which has a big collection of them.But it seems that "free" things for the church aren't "free" at all.

@klaus: well, i don't know if it's legal to say something like, but i have some. They send me every 3months, free. They only get the modal from any donation. I particulary cannot donate anything by myself, but i'd.

If it's a condition as yours: well, i don't know what to say.

What is hypocrital is that the site completely denounces homosexuals in some areas and calls the devils but in others tells them that they are with them and they should control their impulses

Personally, I think the message on the site is ridiculously and bigoted. But I have seen that site before and I'm not entirely sure if it's for real, it's almost seems like it's a satirical site to me. If you look around, there is some debate on one whether or not that site is a joke.

I really don't think it's right, the website, to go around saying that being homosexual is a sin. And I'm Christian. Do they really think they can "heal" homosexuals? It's not something you choose. If I remember correctly, I think there has been signs of homosexuality in animals.

Do they really think you can get the "disease" from music? That's pathetic. I listen to a few of that music, and to be honest, I'm not homosexual. Really, it makes no sense.

Actually I suspect that site must be a joke. I'm not a fan of mainstream music but most of their list of bands don't even have any homosexual content as far as I know. It's just ridiculous and I have no idea where they got this selection from. I am sure that if they really tried it would be possible to find some much "gayer" bands (from the site authors' point of view :P ).

@luz/mizzou: well, its certainly over the top enough to be a joke site. Than again, there are many crazies who are exactly like this so...

@klaus: that's only one priest who was being hypocritical. Yeah there's a lot of hypocritical and just plain bad priests out there (priest abuse +coverup anyone?), but there are also many good priests out there. I went to catholic school and the priests there were pretty okay. We got this one dude who was always serious and made mass boring. And the 2nd one was this cheerful guy so listening to 45mins of yabbering wasn't that painful.

Oh my God,that site is so full of wrath!Why in the world they hate us?What did we do to them?

That site is wrong in so many familiar and moral ways.First,hatred is not a family value,secondly,death penalty?That's what Hitler did in WW 2.Do they want it to repeat?

@theone: and that's nothing new. We've already got religious countries like muslim countries where law and religion are intricately connected.

As for the US? It's basically a christian country in secular clothing so I'm not surprised people are pushing for it to become more blatantly christian. While I'm happy that those idiots won't control the country anytime soon, I'm forced to acknowledged that christians' opinions have a lot more weight here than they should.

And forget an atheist's opinion: we're not liked in US at all.

@KTC- Only Saudia Arabia has Muslim Laws. Other countries have people pushing for their introduction but the vast majority is against it. Just search U.A.E and you will find it is pretty liberal

But the main point is they call gays possessed by demons and that you should accept they are evil without comment. I mean that is just wrong. My religion calls homosexuality wrong but there is no punishment. The same is probably true of Christianity. Yet, they are calling for Hitler Style Death Penalty

@theone: Saudia Arabia- but that just shows there's religious countries so it shouldn't be a surprise.

homophobe: and? That's a typical homophobe response so I don't understand why this person's rant is any worst than the multiple other ones out there with the same message. Their message is basically all the same: Gays are evil incarnate and God hates them. If you continue with that way of thinking, killing gays would be a blessing since you're saving people from the evil gays.

Hatred and Fear don't make rational people so most of the time, you can't reason with these hardcore haters.

@klaus: what's the point? on the internet, anyone could put whatever they want with little to no consequences most of the time. Its only one homophobe in a sea of homophobes so good luck with trying to get back at these guys.

I just don't get what do they get by hating others,restricting their rights,or directly attacking them.I wonder how would it be if they were the ones hunted down.I can't understand them.neither most of the people I know,and they are not gay.But that doesn't mean you can't counterattack with a poster or something like that,does it?

They just want to get their version of good. To them, gays are the scum of the earth and demons who will seduce away good people to the dark side. So to them, killing gays would be saving the good people from a great evil. It doesn't make sense, but 'rational' born from fear and hatred never makes sense.

If they were hunted down, it just strengthens their positions because now people are really trying to get them. In other words: The gay demons and their allies are really trying to hunt the good people down.

It's a no win situation with these people.

@klaus:

Eliminate: For the hardcore haters? Yes.

Fear: I already gave one possible reason why they fear gays.

As I said, hatred and/or fear warps a person's mind. Compound this with the fact that many believe god is on their side and you get this.

Actually Klaus you have to understand that things aren’t always black and white and there’s not a good side or a bad side. Depends on the perspective. These people, like KTC said think honestly that their doing “the right” thing, we don’t agree with them and see it as “the wrong” one, but they don’t see the reality from the same set of eyes we do.

It’s kind of like Hitler. When Hitler commanded the execution of Jews he thought he was doing something good, he honestly believe he was doing the best for mankind by eliminating the “filth and the evil”. Of course the rest of the world, who saw from a different perspective, saw it as an evil act. And today there are still people who see from the same perspective as Hitler.

The same happens with these homophobes, they’re people who don’t understand and can’t see outside the boundaries old minded society gave them, to them, homosexuality is “evil and filth” so for them the right thing is to get rid of the evil to ensure the safety and good of society. These people get to the point of thinking that by doing this they’re guaranteeing their way in heaven. They’re wrong, at least at our point of view they’re wrong, but not everyone share’s the same opinion.

That’s why people must be educated into understanding and accepting the difference. Because if the entire world was just black and white… well… then would be more boring than a chess game.

I don't understand all this concern about homosexuality. I am a straight woman-been married to the same man for 30 years. But even I know that there has always been and always be a small percentage of people who are homosexual. It has always been this way. Before the advent of any organized religion, this was not a big issue. I have known gay people, both male & female. I know that none of them were attracted to me. But over the years I have enjoyed their company-as friends are apt to do. And how can one say that homosexuality opposes the law of nature? As far as I know, you are born with your orientation. I don't how much more natural you can get.