Aveyond Studios Community
Sign in to follow this  
Scimitras

Ridgaellan Prep- A curious RP

Demetri's slight frown made her laugh a bit.

"Yeah, I know," Xen twirled a lock of hair around her index finger, "I seem weird..." she shrugged lightly, dismissively.

"Having your family dead and all your adoptive family hard on training toughens a girl up."

She smirked suddenly, bringing a long finger to her lips, "Are you uncomfortable?" she asked slyly.

Of course he was! She wasn't a girly girl who hung on his arm the entire time; she gathered that Dem was a bit of a playboy, and was used to adoration and admiration.

Of course Demetri was uncomfortable.

He didn't know these people, so he wasn't surprised by the lack of flirting- She didn't know him yet and he didn't know her.

Something about her made Demetri uncomfortable. It wasn't the magic, or the lack of innocence. Something.. Deeper. Demetri couldn't quite put his finger on it, and that was very unsettling. Demetri was never unsettled.

Xen was still talking playfully, keeping things.. Light hearted. But with that comment she made, something hit Demetri.

He was in Ridgaellan. He wasn't going home. Everything he had, all the people he knew.. They were gone now. What he was left with was people he didn't know with magical abilities and personalities that you would not find in his hometown.

"Actually.. Taran, you go ahead with Xen. I uh.. Ate too many noodles."

Without waiting for a response, he headed for the door.

"All right," Taran said, pushing his dishes away. He nodded his thanks to the innkeeper, tossed a coin onto the table, and stood up, hand restlessly tracing the familiar shape of his kris's hilt. "Why not? It wouldn't hurt to know exactly where I'll be for the next Fates-only-know-how-long." He watched as Dem dashed out the door. "That is...if you'd like to, Xen."

Well, that was interesting.

"I hope you feel better, Dem," Taran said, staring unblinkingly at him. He sincerely doubted that he'd "eaten too many noodles," but something did seem to be bothering him.

"I wonder if we all have something to hide," Taran breathed before he turned to Xen. "Shall we?"

((haha, i had a post half-typed but i decided to refresh the page. good thing i did, or Taran would still be talking to Dem, who apparently just ran out the door XD))

((OOB: "I wonder if we all have something to hide," Taran breathed before he turned to Xen. "Shall we?"

I LOVE THAT LINE!! Hi, Tei! :D Go to spam haven and vote for a picture, will ya? Check my cottage too.))

((Okay, so I know this is a medieval/magic setting, but besides that, what exactly? I've been thinking of the world as pseudo-Mediterranean with heavy Asian influences (especially Chinese and Japanese) and French-style forests (Napoleon-style line-planted trees along with usual fantasy-forests of the kind in Beauty and the Beast XD). Am I way off base? :P

OFF-TOPIC: But this is my 1,000th post. :3))

((That's pretty much how I imagine anything when it comes to fantasy -- that's how the world of Aveyond would look too if it were a book. XD I supposed that wouldn't be the vision of anyone else and that the world was more Asian than that. Now I'll adjust my vision to 10% Mediterranean rather than the 85% it was before. Mostly Asian is a very different thing to picture. XD I'll have more of a feel for the atmosphere of the RP now. :D))

((haha--mostly asian, taran fits right in XD))

((voted for a picture probably as you were posting that XD yes, i've seen your cottage--i thought my internet was going to freeze trying to load it XD 100 rooms--big ambitions O.o you're braver than me, mine's just full of links--half of which probably don't even work anymore.))

((and was taran's line there way more acccurate than i thought or something?))

((this entire post has been out of character. shame on me XP))

Erith stood on the front porch of the house she had been given trying to orient her place on the map she had found inside. Vaguely she noticed that some of the others were coming out of one of the larger central buildings. It must be the Inn they had mentioned. Erith’s stomach growled a bit. She couldn’t quite figure out if she wanted to continue to figure out the map first or try to see what the food arrangements were. She had been hoping to get a feel for the innkeeper and see if performances were needed so she could bargain for some food allowance. Erith was a bit reluctant to part with any of her own money. With a little of the mental discipline she usually reserved for long performances, Erith dismissed her own feelings and turned back to the problem at hand.

Shading her eyes against the bright sun, Erith peered towards the nearby forest. There was a sort of cave along a river or creek which was supposed to be on the map. Luckily the village “wall” was low and actually broken in some places, so her view was actually relatively unobstructed. Finding the likely path, Erith lowered her arm and put her map away in her skirt pocket. Sliding her lute along a carry strap, Erith nestled it onto her back hip. Now unencumbered Erith set off towards the forest. “At least it ought to be cooler under the trees,” she reflected. “Water would be good too although fresh water is a bit different from the raging ocean waves and calm tide pools I’m used to. Still, someone obviously is very familiar with my background.” It all served to make Erith edgy. Everything about this whole setup seemed a bit too controlled for her taste. “I guess I’ll just have to wait for the other shoe to drop,” she sighed and began her walk.

Xen watched knowingly as Demetri hastily walked out, a thoughtful, slightly stressed aura around him. She didn't feel offended at all, really; just understanding. If she weren't a magical creature, she'd be feeling more or less like her friend.

My very cute friend, she thought smugly, before turning her attention to the god beside her.

"Oh, yes...it is second nature to people to hide things. Us, elves...we don't," she replied, unbending her legs and falling on her feet gently.

"Where to?" she asked, brushing strands of black hair from her face and producing a ribbon out of nowhere. Tying it loosely around halfway down the length of her hair, she added, "And more importantly, what shall we do?"

Demetri walked out the door of the tavern hastily. It wasn't long until he broke into a full on sprint. He jummped into a large oak tree near the end of town and stayed there, making himself comfortable.

He sat and thought for several minutes before a large voice boomed out of nowhere.

"ORIENTATION WILL BE IN ONE HOUR. PLEASE PUT ON YOUR UNIFORMS FIFTEEN MINUTES PRIOR. THANK YOU FOR CHOOSING RIDGAELLAN."

Demetri frowned, crossed his arms, and laid back in the tree.

Miza had gotten to the end of the tunnel. Before her stood a big stone wall with so´me strange symbols on it. "Niraganian..." she thought for herself, before spelling out the text. Suddenly the wall shook and opened into a big Dungeon-like home, like inside a cave of earth. Suddenly, she heard a voice rung. "ORIENTATION WILL BE IN ONE HOUR. PLEASE PUT ON YOUR UNIFORMS FIFTEEN MINUTES PRIOR. THANK YOU FOR CHOOSING RIDGAELLAN." shrugging, she gone to the closet, looking for her uniform.

((If you are confused by Miza, don't worry, she's meant to be confusing. x3))

((Umm the announcement left out WHERE the orientation would be? Are we supposed to go somewhere or will we be forced somewhere or given more instructions?))

Erith had found a trail of sorts in the forest. It was more of a deer path than a constructed trail, so it wound around various trees and she had to jump a few of the ones which had fallen over. The cool quiet of the trees seemed soothing, until the silence was shattered by an announcement: "ORIENTATION WILL BE IN ONE HOUR. PLEASE PUT ON YOUR UNIFORMS FIFTEEN MINUTES PRIOR. THANK YOU FOR CHOOSING RIDGAELLAN." Erith just about jumped out of her skin she was so startled. “Sheesh,” she thought, “These guys really need to be a little less high-handed or someone is really going to get mad. Speaking of ‘choosing’ Ridgaellan was such a laugh. She certainly had chosen no such thing and thinking back to the others she had met outside of town at least one of the others had seemed unhappy as well, so this was completely ridiculous.”

Ah well at least it wasn’t starting for an hour. Erith didn’t much like the idea of a uniform either. Her local school hadn’t had such a stupid thing and the idea of wearing some idiotic getup wasn’t very appealing. The thing was probably hung in one of the closets in the bedroom Erith hadn’t bothered to open. Since she had seen her trunk, she hadn’t bothered to look for new things. “I wonder what the punishment is for people who don’t show up in the right clothes?” she mused. If it hadn’t been for the idea of actually getting some real information for a change, Erith would have blown off the entire orientation thing anyway. It remained to be seen if they would actually get to ask questions or if they would simply get more blanket instructions and stupid scavenger hunts. It might be a total waste of time, but if there was the possibility of getting to the bottom of things, it would be foolish to waste the chance.

Erith’s contemplations ended as she reached the end of the trail and saw that she had found a small stream which bubbled and danced in the sunlight. It really seemed like one of those ‘laughing brooks’ in the stories. Just watching it brought a smile to Erith’s face. Having access to moving water felt satisfying even if it was gentle and playful rather than relentless and driving the way the ocean waves were. After contemplating the water for a bit, Erith noticed that the trail actually ran beside the stream a little bit and they both entered a small cave opening. Erith pulled out her map. “Hmmm this must be the cave symbol I saw,” she mused, “so whatever is inside must be my place.” Erith ducked and entered the opening wondering just what she would find.

Jadus's sleep was shattered as the announcement was made. She groggily got to her feet and dusted herself off before looking around. On her way into the grotto she had not noticed any details, but now she noticed a series of tunnels stemming from the grotto. Each of them had a small brook that flowed through them and ended in the larger water. Jadus decided that there was probably enough time to go exploring a little bit, so she took the tunnel with the largest stream.

The rock in this tunnel was glimmering with tiny crystals that reflected some impossible light, and they lit Jadus's way. After awhile she came to a crossroads. Choosing the left one (as she always did), she continued deeper into the cave, her curiosity growing. Where did all of these tunnels lead? She smelled the ocean through this one...

Then suddenly Jadus ran into someone else. Was it Erith? The cool atmosphere of the caves had led Jadus to forget about the school and the other students, and the appearance of someone else was jarring. "I suppose you followed a map to these caves," Jadus said. "You're Erith, right? I'm Jadus." Jadus tried her best to smile and hoped it didn't look too fake, then held out her hand. Jadus already liked this girl; something about her seemed to recall the sea. It was no wonder that they were both led to this cave.

Erith had no sooner straightened up and registered that the inside was actually filled with a sort of crystalline light, than she was abruptly joined by another person. "I suppose you followed a map to these caves," the stranger said. "You're Erith, right? I'm Jadus."

Erith’s eyebrows rose. How in the name of the heavens had this person known her name? Erith remembered seeing Jadus with the others in front of the village. In fact, she had been one of the ones Erith had been a bit nervous about since although Jadus looked like a teenager, there was something more to her which definitely didn’t add up. Still, at least the red-head was being friendly and seemed very at home in this watery and mysterious cave system. It seemed somehow as if they were kindred spirits of a sort.

Erith smiled and shook the other girl’s hand warmly. “Yes that’s right. I’m Erith Heartsong and I haven’t a clue as to what is really going on here. What with strange letters, keys and maps popping out every few minutes, it’s a bit like a bizarre game. I was certainly happy to find a place which seems secure and access to water here. I’m used to being by the ocean. I find it much easier to feel free near running water,” she laughed a bit. “I guess I just like knowing I can dive over the edge and escape the land if I need to. It must be my Siren nature.”

“I guess you must have gotten a map to here as well? I wish things weren’t so mysterious around here. Frankly it makes me nervous. Still, I’m happy to meet you,” Erith ended with a warm smile trying to project friendliness and sincerity which wasn’t difficult in these close quarters.

Jadus genuinely smiled now. Erith seemed very friendly and she was apparently a siren -- always a good sign, in Jadus's opinion. "Yeah, I got a map here too. I honestly have no idea what's going on, but at least they provided this... place. I can feel the ocean that way. It might be nice to have some company. And there might be something else in this cave." Jadus laughed a little bit, then waited for Erith's reply. She really wanted to get on her way; the ocean was calling to her and she could feel it nearby.

-Eirika

The door responded by the key. What a coincidence, though. She then opened the door, got in, and closed the door. A cramp room with sunlights came from the windows. The room seemed not very tidy, infact, every furnitures were arranged up messy. Took a deep sigh, Eirika began to push the sofa to make a suit position in the room. After finished with the sofa and table, she moved to another room. Next, some book selfs; she placed one in the living room, bigger one in the her room. Then, she entered the kitchen. It looked tidy enough, but dusty. "Must be long time until I came here," Eirika thought to herself.

Done with re-arranging everything, Eirika took a short break and sat in the sofa. The pattern, the color, the smell, very traditional, and she liked them. After relaxing a bit, she went to her room and start to sweep the floor, dust the bed and all. She realized that she'd need some sleep so bed room come first. When tiding the room, she found a chest that had some gold, some clothing, a gray stone(what use?), a towel*?*, a lantern, and a cheese. She took out the cheese to check if it were already rotten up or not. "Gah, it disgusts me," Eirika moaned, smelling that horrible smell.

"ORIENTATION WILL BE ONE HOUR. PLEASE PUT ON YOUR UNIFORMS FIFTEEN MINUTES PRIOR. THANK YOU FOR CHOOSING RIDGAELLAN." an announcement came to ear. "What!? One hour? I even haven't gotten rest properly!" Eirika complained. "Uniform? Should I?" Eirika argued with herself. She was tired, and sweaty, "Ah, I best rest first," she said as she walked to her bed. Will she sleep?

Erith was unsurprised to find that Jadus had no more idea of what was going on than she did. It seemed to fit with the overall process going on at Ridgaellan Prep. Indirection, bullying and manipulation seemed to be the name of the game so far. It didn’t make for a very pleasant start.

Erith didn’t let her thoughts dwell too much on this though for Jadus’ words had distracted her. “You feel the ocean? Really? Wow that would be so wonderful! I really miss the sound and smell of the ocean. I definitely think we should check it out. We should have enough time before this orientation thing which was announced if it isn’t too far. There is something definitely odd about these tunnels, so actually I wouldn’t be a bit surprised to find quite a few unexpected things here.”

Erith could almost feel Jadus’ eagerness to leave and follow the salty sea trail so to speak. “I guess I’ll play follow the leader since you know which direction is best.” Erith smiled in anticipation of the feel of sand and wind.

Jadus led the way down the tunnel in the direction of the ocean. After what seemed like forever (mostly due to anticipation), the companions reached the end of the tunnel. Jadus breathed deeply before opening her eyes to a large expanse of sand before a wild ocean. The sand was very fine and perfectly white, and a variety of shells rested all along the beach. A series of small islands were visible within swimming distance, and the beach stretched about a mile on either side before giving way to sheer cliffs and sharp rocks. Jadus smiled and ran to the water, sinking her toes into the soggy sand. It was perfect. Then she remembered her new friend and turned around. "Isn't it wonderful?"