Aveyond Studios Community
Sign in to follow this  
Kinnison

Some question about laptop's AC Adaptor

Recently, I got my laptop's AC replaced with a new one. I can use it but somehow it worries me alot because it has a slight difference in brand as well as its Input power.

The Input power of the previous AC I got has a 100V~200V 1.6A but this new one has only about 1.5A Input power

Although the AC can be used to charge my laptop's battery but somehow the 0.1A difference makes me worry that it might spoil my laptop.

It is safe to be used anyway?

When you say the AC was replaced, do you mean part of the laptop, itself, or the thing you plug into the wall?

I wouldn't think the laptop would pull more than 1.0A AC, so dropping from 1.6A to 1.5A wouldn't be a problem.

The only thing you might notice is the laptop feeling slightly warmer at the AC area (if the thing replaced is in the laptop).

Yeah, its the one typical AC used for laptops. The one with a bar like thingy linked to the plug. It usually warm when using it but somehow the one I'm using currently doesn't generate much heat since its 0.1A lower. Somehow it doesn't charge the laptop's battery as fast as the others did