Aveyond Studios Community
Sign in to follow this  
Pallas_Athene

Old Woman... (SPOILERS)

So, I finished the game, but...who IS she? Is she JUST supposed to be a mysterious old woman meant to give Stella spells (obviously!)? Or is she actually supposed to BE someone? This woman's identity is confusing the heck out of me!

When has the Oracle ever actively interfered with the world events? Also, the Oracle in Shadow Aveyond is different from the Oracle in Aveyond.

personally, i didnt like the oracle.. i mean, she's a powerful being and all but she doesnt do a thing T_T well, anyhow, i think its for the better, i dont want her in my party.. hahaha :P

yeah, i though she was the old woman too.. and at first, it kinda creeped me out.. i mean, if i were in Stella's shoes, i dunno if ill accept or something :P

@kenneth: plenty of gods interfere with lowly mortals.

Gods who interfere with mortals directly:

Greek

Egyptian

Chinese

Indian

Aztec

Babylonian

Even Jewish/Christian/Muslim god interferes occasionally (flood, telling abraham to kill/not kill son)

I think its rare to have a religion/culture where the gods do not affect humans directly.

As for the oracle: I found it very goddess like of her to pop in whenever she felt like it. Reminiscent of all the times greek gods would take up a disguise to help mortals with their quests (Odysseus for example. athena disguised herself as an old maid. )

calling two nameless persons in the present.

Oracle didn't call them. Nox popped by because she SAID SO AND SHE TOTALLY COULD, Uma went after her because Nox is a troublemaker and might well cause their existence to be erased (Darkthrop Prophecy fulfilled = world domination = evil queen Mel --> have too much fun ruling --> no children), and the Oracle calls the two girls for time out because they're being naughty.

*paraphrased from Word of God*

;) d_a is a she, not a he (it's nice to know other people make that mistake too ... I have visions of KTC's April 1 signature now!)

Oracle didn't call them. Nox popped by because she SAID SO AND SHE TOTALLY COULD, Uma went after her because Nox is a troublemaker and might well cause their existence to be erased (Darkthrop Prophecy fulfilled = world domination = evil queen Mel --> have too much fun ruling --> no children), and the Oracle calls the two girls for time out because they're being naughty.

*paraphrased from Word of God*

Really? Amanda said that? :D That means Nox --actually-- time-traveled on her own? I've always thought it was the Oracle who allowed her to.

Nox just rose yet again on the awesomeness metre.

@kirroha: i would assume that means uma did that time travel thing too...Man oracle needs to install better security on her time traveling gizmos lol.