Aveyond Studios Community
Sign in to follow this  
xgraceybaby

Aveyond 2 Battling Problems

Okay, so. I played Aveyond 2 before and when I go to a battle and start attacking it goes soo slow and I don't remember it going so slow, it makes me so mad. Like when Ean uses his weapon it takes like 5 seconds to show how much damage the weapon did. I have a Windows 7 HP and I am having big issues on Aveyond 2. I loved this game I played when I was like eleven. But it is so slow. Please help :-(...

(I already restarted my computer, uninstalled the game, and I bought the game off BigFishGames.)

Moving to Aveyond: Technical Questions

~Argoyle

No, I never had anything else open, accept this stupid security thing called Norton, theres always a warning when they want me to put a disk in so it can put useless stuff in it. It didn't lag to Aveyond: The Darkthrop Prophecy, so it could be just Aveyond 2. I feel so humiliated I love Aveyond 2, I asked my mom 1303192301 times to buy it for me. I have version 2 on Aveyond 2, I have some big programs downloaded, Wizard101, World of Warcraft, etc. Also on my Sony (Windows 7) it also goes slow, I don't know what it is and it's brand new too, it could be the graphics that's making it do that, because on my Sony theres a line that shows when I move and its annoying. When I had a Dell computer it never lagged in the battling at all never did anything, worked perfectly.

ugh - gotta love Norton (NOT!)

Having other big programs downloaded shouldn't impact, unless you have them running at the same time as Aveyond.

Perhaps you can check if there are newer drivers for your video card, that might be a good start. I'd also wonder how much RAM you have available, but if the other Aveyond games work okay on the same machine, maybe that isn't it.

I think I found a solution, apparently there is a pattern, I try to play on my HP (Windows 7) and its screwed up on Aveyond 2, and on my Sony (Windows 7) is also the same thing, but there's also a line that makes me have a headache, I think Aveyond 2 doesn't work for Windows 7. It's either that, other than that I have four gigs, so it's fine. I don't think it could be the Norton, but it's a horrible Security thing. Could you try to find a solution, or maybe it needs to upgrade to Windows 7..?

All the Aveyond games are made with the same game engine, and the last two were made while using Windows 7. They all work in Windows 7 - if that was the issue, it would affect all of your Aveyond games, not just that one in particular.

I'm wondering if Norton might be doing a system scan while you're playing, or keeping some kind of a hold over that particular file when you open it. As Mopiece suggests, try disabling Norton, then running the game to see if it makes a difference (of course re-enable Norton afterwards).

Uninstall Norton anyway, it's not much of a helper when it comes to easy scanning and repair(for spyware). Try downloading Microsoft Security Essentials. Not only is it free, but it's easy to download, doesn't take up much memory, and works fine with low-end processors (for example, MSE is protecting this Intel Atom computer, and it works just as fast as my i3 laptop).

Download site: http://www.microsoft.com/security_essentials/

Actually when I look at that video, it doesn't look at all like it's slowed down. Ean's attack happens immediately after his sprite flashes.

I'm quite sure it's not Windows 7 - if that was the problem, it'd be doing it to ALL of your Aveyond games, and not just this one. And other people would have an issue with it too.