Aveyond Studios Community
Sign in to follow this  
Ryo-Kun

"Where the Words Go: An Amaranthian Tale" RP Thread

(Yes, finally the RP begins. Now, in order to balance the RP, we can't have everyone start at once. After all, you don't get all of the characters in a game straight from the beginning. (Well, at least in most games you don't. xD ) So, in order to balance it a bit let's have RPers one through four start. After we get into it a bit, everyone else can drop in whenever it is appropriate. If you don't know your number... here.

-----------------------------------------------

Current RPers

Battle Party:

1. Ryo-Kun - Thief

2. Diamondmist - Water Nymph

3. Indra - Hypnotist

4. TheAdept_Rogue - Knight

5. Shadowshed - Swordsman

6. IPink - Mage

7. Yuffie - Ninja

8. Lorelia - Traveling Archer

9. Fiichan - Apprentice Witch

Travel Party:

1. Ashen_Eclipse - Bard

As for anybody that joins the travel party in the future, you can drop in whenever you like. Also, remember, if you sign up now, wait until Ryo puts your name on the list before you start RPing. Oh, but please do read the RP, Ryo's sure it'll be good and it'll keep everyone informed on what exactly is going on. Anyways, here we go!)

---It was the big day; the Queen of Amaranthia was having a party at the castle. How exciting! Every Amaranthian, young and old, new and... not-so-new was invited. Ryo-Kun was among the most excited of them all. Having heard that there would be all the ice cream he could eat there, he couldn't sit still. The past few days, all he could talk, think, and dream about was the ice cream paradise that would soon lie before him. You see, he was so excited, in fact, that he had left his cottage seven hours early so that he could make it on time. The problem was... there has only fifteen minutes before the party began and he had yet to show up.

---Now you may be wondering why he hadn't shown up; he had left his cottage seven hours early, after all? The answer: his sense of direction. He had taken so many wrong turns that he had circled the kingdom twice and had yet to find the castle that could be easily seen from anywhere in the kingdom. Saying he had a bad sense of direction was an understatement, a very very VERY big understatement.

---There were only ten minutes until the party began. Ryo had taken another wrong turn.

---"Oh, potatoes... Another dead end," Ryo huffed, turning around to take another route, "Ryo knows the castle's around here somewhere... it's gotta be!" Ryo glanced around nervously, searching for a map or someone to ask directions from... nobody was there. "Okay then... Um... Well..." Just then, he spotted a box... and another box! An idea began to form in his head. "Oh! Idea!" Setting one box on top of the other, he used them as a boost to... not be able to reach anything. "Nope..." He sighed, "Ryo wants ice cream!!" Stomping his foot, he lost his balance, and fell backwards off of the boxes.

(Okay, everyone! : O Take it from there! You don't need nearly as much detail as Ryo's post... Ryo just kinda got too into it. xD)

((YES YES YES (*hugs Ryo-kun*) And, just as a side note, can you please correct my name's spelling? Just bugged me, since I'm a spelling freak, sorry.))

---

Diamondmist was irritated.

It was the night of the ball and she was excited, but irritated. Anyone would be, she supposed, if they were faced by the dilemma in front of her.

What dilemma?

She had nothing to wear.

Yes, the tall water nymph had nothing - nothing - to wear.

Well, she did, but she had loads of dresses and couldn't choose.

"Nyaaaah..." she moaned agitatedly, sifting through the numerous fabrics that were the contents of her wardrobe. Clothes were strewn around everywhere, and she was honestly confused of which dress was which.

I spy with my little eye...

A dress. A beautiful one at that. Soft red and gold, and the whole upper back was exposed - her hair would cover it anyway.

"Yes!" she muttered around, grinning in victory.

---

After donning the dress, she looked at herself in the mirror, brushed her hair quickly and flew out the open window.

---

Her wings flapped lazily, and she glided along the wind, scanning the ground for no particular reason. She had just begun to fly directly to the ball before her eyes widened - a boy was balancing foolishly on two boxes on the outskirts of Amaranthia.

---

She flew quickly to the boy's location, not caring that there was only ten minutes left until the ball started.

"Hey...you okay?" she asked, landing beside the fallen boy and leaning over him.

-----

((Dress:

Rei (red) in:

Kinmoku Fashion - Inner Senshi))

YOU MADE THE THREAD! *hugs*

---

Indra stepped out of her cottage. The party was ten minutes away. She glanced up, and noticed diamondmist flying above her.

She noticed diamondmist's red and gold dress.

"Pfft," Indra muttered. "Who cares about fashion? Not me!" She was perfectly happy in her long, different-colored robes.

Indra noticed diamondmist suddenly landing.

"Hey . . . you okay?" diamondmist said. Indra grinned, her bright green braces reflecting the sun. She ran towards the sound of diamondmist's voice. She wanted to see what was going on.

She turned a corner to see diamondmist standing over a fallen Ryo-Kun.

"Hey Ryo," Indra grinned at him. "You alright?"

Diamondmist's wings fluttered again. Her pointed ears twitched; that was a signal the someone was approaching. She turned partly.

Her acquaintance/friend, Indra, was walking towards her, a wide smile on her face. She seemed to be much more familiar with Ryo than Diamondmist herself was - she had probably talked to him much more than Diamondmist had...

"Hi, Indra," she greeted, walking apprehensively over to her and taking in her clothes.

Indra's clothes were a far contrast to Diamondmist's own; while her clothes were formal, elaborate, and flowy, Indra's were casual, differently colored, and long. She didn't seem to be ready for the most important party in existence of Amaranthia, but Diamondmist knew her friend's weird choices and chose not to comment.

"Ryo?" Diamondmist asked, this time kneeling beside him. "Ryo-kun!" she fanned his face with her hand when he didn't respond.

"Ryo?" A voice rang out in the darkness that had enveloped the young boy when he fell. "Ryo-Kun!"

"Huh? Who's calling Ryo's name?"

Blink. Blink. His eyes opened and he was, as usual, confused.

"Oh... Hi," he smiled awkwardly. "... Why is Ryo on the ground?"

Diamondmist leaned back, eye twitching. "You fell," she replied, "I found you like this. Indra came a bit later."

She inclined her head towards Indra.

"Anyway, why're you here? Shouldn't you be at the ball?" she asked, raising a suspicious eyebrow.

"Why is he here?" Indra laughed. "Why is he here? He has no sense of direction, Diamondmist! None!"

Although Indra didn't know Ryo very well, she knew that she knew Ryo better than Diamondmist did.

She eyed Ryo. A few bruises, not anything serious. He was obviously excited. Excited for . . .

"The party!" Indra exclaimed. "I totally forgot about it! It's been five minutes so . . . we only have five more minutes until it starts!" Indra held out a hand to Ryo and winked. "C'mon! Let's go get some snacks!"

TheAdept_Rogue was just having an evening stroll when he passed a group of people, mostly dressed in fancy clothing. He heard one of them exclaimed, "The party! I totally forgot about it! It's been five minutes so . . . we only have five more minutes until it starts!"

Wait.. what party? Adept wondered, but suddenly remembered.

Oh crap! The party! I totally forgot!

He wondered whether he should go home and change or just head to the party with his casual clothes (tacky green T-Shirt; tanned leather armor with seams falling apart; Grey trousers with faded knee guards).

He decided the second option, as he was quite far from his home, and by the time he got to change and head to the party, it would have been over

Indra thought she could hear footsteps somewhere behind them. She pulled away her hand before Ryo could take it to pull himself up. She whirled around to see who was there.

"Oh . . ." she said, startled. "It's you . . . err . . . who are you again?"

Indra blushed.

"S-sorry. I . . . I have trouble with names sometimes . . ."

((In the first post Ryo wanted introductions in the order that people made their applications (or introductions from the first four before anyone else). Now that those four are done with, I would say the rest can post whenever they want to, but I don't know.))

iPink was *mysteriously* walking through the dark woods near Amaranthia Castle when an annoying chatter suddenly rose from a field nearby. iPink was annoyed because of the distraction from the ball, for which iPink was dressed in very fancy pink robes with rose-gold embroidery. iPink , *mysteriously* annoyed, decided to check it out. There was a group of four people whom iPink had seen around Amaranthia before. Best-known to iPink was Ryo. iPink liked Ryo for his love of cats and talking in the third-person. "Hello all," said iPink *mysteriously*. iPink was a little bit curious by the gathering, if annoyed at the same time.

((lol. Maybe I should've come up with another adjective besides annoyed. XD))

Diamondmist fluttered her wings in irritation. 'Yeah, now they remember...' she thought, rolling her eyes. And...great. Fantastic. They had company.

Am I the only one that knows that there's the biggest event in Amaranthia going on?

"Hello," she waved a hand slightly at the newcomers - a casually dressed brunette knight and a girl who had seriously overloaded her wardrobe with pink.

Inwardly, she shook her head sympathetically as her battle senses kicked in - the pink girl either wanted to be sticking out like a sore thumb or she was colorblind OR she just loved pink. Diamondmist bet it was the last option.

"Five minutes left until the ball, yes...I wonder, can we all reach in time?" she asked sarcastically.

((I really am late, since I tried to post, yet I was having problem with my browser. Sorry))

Shadowshed was just back from God-knows-where when sun had down. She walked off unsteadily of starvation. "Geez.. I'm sorry, stomach. I don't think we can find any restaurant nearby," Shadowshed apologized to her beloved stomach. So then she passed a gang as she heard some noises. What happened? Shadowshed asked herself and went back to check it. TheAdept_Rogue was there, dumb-founded as some girl with long robe asked for his name. Seesh, this eyes start to annoy me! Like I'm going to eat any carrots! Shadowshed started to complain again at her foggy eyes. Not knowing anything, she approached the young knight, and he answered her. "Err,.. What with that noises? Anything wrong?" Shade asked.

"Um . . . yes . . . yes I was . . . I'm so sorry!" Indra stuttered to Adept. She decided that it was best to ignore Adept for now. She didn't want to make even more of a fool of herself.

She turned to the pink newcomer. Definitely iPink she thought. She eyed iPink's outfit in disgust. Pink. She absolutely hated the color pink.

And iPink seemed like she was trying to be a little too "mysterious". Indra turned away from iPink.

They definitely were not going to get along.

No way.

Indra turned to shadowshed instead.

"So," she asked with a grin. "Hi! Another person! Just what we need!"

(sorry, edited post cause me and shadow posted at same time, lol)

Fiichan woke up from a dazed slumber... Flickering her eyes from wall to wall she located a clock...

7.20?? "Ultimate deception!" she screamed. Grabbing her hat and summoning her broom, she was off to the ball.. Until she arrived in nothing but her underwear and apprentice cloak.

Her mouth gaping at her current attire, she slumped back onto the dusty old broom and flew behind a cluster of dark trees. Embarrassed and blushing, she took her wand and waved an hourglass shape in the air... An entrancing cerulean gown materiallised around her, adjusting to her curves. Adding a few jewels around her neck, "Ultimate desire!" were the last words said before she rushed to the entrance. She'd noticed a few people on the way but had not bothered to join the apparent pre-party festivities with Ryo-Kun and his new 'friends'. Although, she had to admit, the pink one had style.

Fiichan's Dress:

http://joechip.net/liana/uploads/purple-gown-with-black-curlicue-lace-by-becky-tabbed.png

Indra heard something above her and looked up. What she saw surprised her greatly.

She saw a blushing witch flying overhead wearing only underwear and a cloak.

Indra rubbed her eyes, not sure of what she was seeing. But when she opened her eyes again, she saw the same thing.

Then Indra burst out laughing. She laughed so hard that her sides hurt and she had tears in her eyes.

When she looked back up, everyone was staring at her as if she were insane.

iPink watched Indra laughing, confused for a minute. Then she noticed a person up in the trees. iPink watched her change into a dress from her underwear and smiled a little bit, although she didn't find it half as amusing as Indra did. No, she did not think she would get along with Indra. Besides, Indra wasn't quite *mysterious* enough for iPink's liking. "I think we'll be late for the party if we don't go now," said iPink *mysteriously*. "But what are you all... doing?" A *mysterious* glint came into iPink's eyes as she said the last word, and a strange thin pink fog rolled in from the trees. Then iPink smiled happily and whirled around, her pink cloak flying out. The pink mist dispersed with the breeze from iPink's movement.

Adept shifted his weight absently, wondering why the crowd had increased in number all the sudden. He also wondered why none of them seemed to remember about going to the party anymore. Maybe he should just go home? It's not like he was interested in the party in the first place anyway

"Hi, shadow," Diamondmist smirked at the newcomer. Loads of new people...she didn't want this to turn into a crowd.

If she was right, the pink girl was...iPink. Oh, yeah. iPink had a few drawings in the collegium and wrote nice stories. (The name fits, she though sardonically.)

The_AdeptRogue had to be the knight...Diamondmist had heard about him.

Shadowshed was her friend, along with Indra...and Ryo was a cat-lover like her.

--

She was snapped out of her musings by Indra hysterically laughing like a madwoman.

Diamondmist smiled only a little bit as a shyly blushing witch only clad in a cloak and underwear shrieked in a dark section of the forest area they were surrounded in. She waved her wand and a gown materialized.

We'll get along well, I think, Diamondmist's smirk turned just a little wider, I always liked magic-users. And the girl has style. iPink too, but...

She liked pink, but too much was pushing it...blue was her favorite color.

A pinkish mist settled but iPink twirled happily, dispersing it. Diamondmist didn't dwell on it, instead opting to remind company of THE party.

"People. Yo. Notice something? About time?" she asked sarcastically. Yes, she was sarcastic.

~_~_~_~_~_~

((Yes, I modeled my character after myself :D))

Yuffie stood at the door to the palace wondering whether or not to go in. There seemed to be a little party going on down the road. She debated it a bit more, and decided to stay where she was.

Yuffie wore a very light blue dress with one full sleeve The dress went to her knees and was a little ragged around the edges. She was also wearing a black cape that fell to her ankles. This wrapped around her mid section and there was a sleeve that covered her other arm. Her knee-high boots were black, too.

She stared at the giant clock in the castle. Tapping her foot and holding her shuriken close to her, she walked over to the other group. Her curiosity had taken over her.

As she approached the other group, she saw Indra and Shadowshed. She recognized them. Yuffie heard Indra laughing, and she looked around to see what she was laughing about. She shook her head as she saw one of the newer residents flying to the castle in her underwear. She joined the group to see Ryo half hidden and on the ground.

"Hey everyone." she said casually.

Indra rolled her eyes at iPink's gaudy display.

Weirdo, Indra thought. Then she turned to diamondmist.

"Yeah," she said. "Let's get goi-"

She was interupted by someone saying, "Hey everyone."

"Uh . . . hey . . . Yuffie, right?" Indra said with a fake smile. She liked Yuffie well enough, but . . . there were just too many people joining them.

"You know," Indra finally sighed. "I don't care what you people do, but I'm going to the party." And without another word, she turned around and walked in the direction of the castle.

(Sorry, everyone! xD Ryo became suddenly busy again, so he hasn't posted.)

Confused, Ryo sat on the ground. Just a second ago he was on his way to the party, and now there was what looked to be a semi-angry mob forming around him: one girl mysteriously blew pink smoke everywhere; he inhaled too much and coughed, someone on a broom flew past in her underwear with a cloak tied around her shoulders, one of them kept talking to their stomach about food, and another one of them kept looking away as if he wanted to leave.

"Where did all of these people come from!?"

"U-Um... Er..." Ryo stuttered quietly as he glanced back and forth from person to person. He could hear bits and pieces of what everyone's conversations.

"You know, I don't care what you people do, but I'm going to the party," said the girl with the robes.

"The party? ... Oh, no! The ice cream! Ryo completely forgot!"

His stomach taking over, he hopped up off the ground, lost his balance and fell over again, hopped back up again, and started running in a random direction that he hoped led to the castle. "That ice cream is Ryo's! No doubt about it!" Unfortunately for him, he took another wrong turn and lo-and-behold, he wound up at another dead end. "... Potatoes." Spinning around, he headed back to where the others were; they were still there, arguing and glaring just as they had been before.