Aveyond Studios Community
Sign in to follow this  
Ryo-Kun

"Where the Words Go: An Amaranthian Tale" RP Thread

Just as Indra was about to open the castle door, she heard a crash and whirled around. It came from somewhere to her left. She ran towards the direction of the sound, nimbly hopping on top of a mailbox (yes, a mailbox) to see behind the building in front of her.

And there was Ryo.

She watched as he went back to where the others were. Indra didn't want to waste any more time to follow Ryo, especially if everyone was just going to have conversations that kept going in circles.

She hopped down from the mailbox and walked back to the castle.

Then she opened it's doors to see all the party's glory.

Yuffie shook her head. This was going no where, and the party was going on now. She saw that Ryo was up now and didn't lok to seriously harmed.

She turned around and walked back to the castle. No point in standing around. She quickly jumped onto some boxes, a low roof, and climbed to the roof. Yuffie ran along the rooves until she came upon the palace. SHe walked inside and went straight to the free cinnamon buns. :)

As Indra sat in the corner eating butter biscuits, she heard the door open and Yuffie came in. Indra watched her go to the cinnamon buns.

Indra crammed the rest of the biscuit in her mouth and swallowed it. Then she walked over to Yuffie.

"Hiya, Yuffie!" Indra said. "Seems like you have some sense, leaving everyone to come here, you know."

"Look, I've stalled enough..." Diamondmist muttered to herself, "I'm out; even Indra and...Yuffie, wasn't it? Yeah, they went outta here..."

Without a word, she flapped her wings, scowling, and partly wishing she'd gone straight to the party after Ryo woke up. In less than 10 seconds, she was hovering over the regal window of the castle. If she looked completely to the side, she could see Indra in a corner.

The ultimate beauty of the party was overwhelming, and Diamondmist pressed close to the window.

The sensation of falling overtook her body, and when she opened her eyes again, she found herself inside the castle. No one had noticed. Good.

She made her way to the corner near her, where Indra was. "Hi again," she greeted.

Yuffie swallowed her cinnamon bun and turned to see Indra and a girl she thought was diamondmist. She smiled a strange smile, and said, "Hi. Great party, isn't it? What were all of those people doing out there anyways? I saw Ryo, but why such a large and... large... group. Too many people."

She turned and took another bun. She could eat these all night, but that wouldn't be very good if she planned on staying a ninja.

Gliding through the entrance, the ball had surrounded her and filled every sense she knew. The smell of icecream and cinnamon buns. The feel of her satin gown, the sight of so many beautiful Amaranthians, the sound of whimsical music sweeping her away.

..."Ultimate ball!"

She swept across the hall to fulfill the sense of taste. Unpleasantly cramming icecream, eclairs, doughnuts and cinnamon buns into her mouth and pockets, she'd attracted the unwanted attention of the beautiful amaranthians shed seen before. The swamp she lives in does not usually have any people, so you would imagine that she is not accustomed to being in the presence of intelligent company. She shrugged her shouders at the onlookers and walked to the corner. Not like she could gain weight with magic at her side anyway.

Lorellia sat at a table, stuffing herself with pavlova and bite sized cream cakes. She brushed the crumbs off her kimono and stood up, looking around for more food. She passed a large mirror and stared at herself in the reflection; long black hair twisted up in a bun, leaving a few black strands to frame a calm oval face. Her dark eyes travelled the length of her kimono, a black and white modern piece of art.

'This kimono is perfect...thanks sis' she thought happily, smoothing her hair and smiling at herself. 'I feel so beautiful...and hungry.'

She smiled and twirled around once before letting herself get carried away by the crowd, snatching a tasty looking appetizer off the tray of a passing waiter.

"Thankyou!" she shouted, laughing.

Lorellia's kimono: http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs41/f/2009/029/5/9/Random_Yukata_Designs_by_TatsuraChan.png (second one in top row)

Ashen_Eclipse stood in a room off the main ballroom. It was smaller, a bit more intimate and casual then the grand room. She concentrated on playing her lute, while secretly checking her daggers were placed properly. She didn't expect any trouble, but she saw some odd characters come into the ball and would rather be safe than sorry. Fighting would be a last resort, of course, but Ashen was one to believe in being prepared.

She finished her song and smiled. It was time to tell a story, her favorite part of being a bard. While her shows mostly consisted of music, she loved telling stories the most. When Ashen came up with a new story, she just had to tell it. She couldn't help herself- she wanted to share her stories with the world!

Setting her lute in the stand beside her, she began to tell her yarn.

"Once there was two sisters, one who's hair glowing gold like the sun, the others hair shining silver as the moon..."

Adept walked into the ball and scanned the room with disdain. The ball was... like balls usually are- too crowded and too extravagant for his own liking.

"This is ridiculous" he muttered, "I'm going home"

(Alright, I think I'll just quit this RP since I'll be taking another break from Amaranthia. Ciao)

Lorellia wandered into a smaller room, far from the main ball and it's jostling crowd. As she heard the words of an unfamiliar tale she sat down at a small chaise lounge at the edge of the room and listened, gazing at the story teller with wide eyes.

Indra grinned back at Yuffie and diamondmist before turning to listen to the story being told. But soon Indra realized there were better things to do.

Like go hypnotize the chef to make some of those mini chocolate cakes that Indra hadn't had for days.

That was the great thing about being a hypnotist:

You get to make people do what you want.

She pushed throught the kitchen door to see a chef, busily cooking some doughy substance.

"Hello," Indra said and the chef jumped. "You know what, you should look at me. Just my eyes. And listen. Yes, that's a good chef." Indra smiled. The chef was easy. "Now, wouldn't it be good idea to do what I tell you?" The chef nodded. He was completely under Indra's control.

Indra left to hypnotize the chef, and Diamondmist shook her head good-naturedly.

"Listen, call me Dia. Please," she turned her attention on Yuffie, noticing that The Adept_Rogue had hurriedly exited. Sigh.

"Want anything to eat?" Dia asked Yuffie, scanning the crowded tables for good chow.

Indra chewed on a chocolate cake and watched the chef hurriedly making more and more. As he dropped a few more onto the platter, Indra stopped him.

"That will be enough, thank you sir." The chef nodded. "Now, take these," Indra said and dropped three gold coins into his hand. "And when this door closes behind me, you will forget about me ever being here and you will carry on with your work like nothing ever happened."

She grabbed the platter and walked back to the party.

"Hey, Dia," Indra grinned at her friend and slipped a chocolate cake into her hand. "Try it."

Yuffie turned to Dia and said, "Sure. What do you want to eat?" She saw Indra come to Dia and give her a cake. Yuffie snatched one off of the platter and went to chocolate heaven. She shook herself out of the trance and watched Adept leave. Yuffie turned back to the others and said, "Have you noticed that this ball is more talking and eating than dancing and other ball-type things? Not that all the talking is bad, of course..."

"Oh, thanks," Dia smiled gratefully at Indra, taking a bite of the fluffy chocolate. It was made to perfection, and she was sure tat Indra had hypnotized the poor chef.

Though the cakes were awesome.

"Well, guess this answers your first question," Dia directed her remark at Yuffie, smirking.

"And yeah, there's less dancing here than any ball I've been to. But hey," Dia shrugged nonchalantly, "free food. And anyway, I hate dancing, it makes my feet hurt. Don't you agree?"

Ashen had finished her story, and bowed out for a quick break. Stretching, she decided a quick walk would refresh her.

She came across a small group eating chocolate cake. She was about to pass them by, thinking she might head to the kitchen and steal a bite, when she heard them comment on the lack of dancing. She paused. Well, it wouldn't harm anything to tell them.

Stepping closer to the group, she said "Pardon the interruption, but I heard you asking about the dancing?" She leaned forward and lowered her voice, "Have you noticed? The Queen isn't here, and they can't officially start the ball without her. She's quite late now... maybe something has happened."

((aww, I hate this. So late!))

Shadowshed was stand still unmoved, as she froze within time, not even hearing anything from outside. Until the atmosphere changed because everyone had left that gang, she awaken by her pain stomach. "Wait, will you? I understand that you are tired, but you know, it's really nothing to eat!" shadowshed yelled at, but something suddenly snapped into her mind.

"I heard that you're going after a ball, perhaps?" shadowshed asked as she turned around and found noone. She froze for a little bit until she decided to visit the castle herself. Man, they're fast! she thought to herself.

At The Castle

*munch munch*

Ah, I never thought that there was bunch of foods!

"Oh my goodness! The queen!" Indra exclaimed. "Oh my, I didn't mean to forget . . . oh, dear! She began to get frantic, being the forgetful person she was.

She took a few deep breathes and calmed down. The queen was just late. Just late. No big deal. No . . . big . . . deal.

Indra grabbed another cake and started to eat it slowly, her appetite suddenly gone. How could they have a party without the queen?

A few minutes past, but they felt like hours. Ashen suddenly pointing out the queen sort of made the party . . . dull. Though Indra had been around for a fair amount of time, she had never seen the queen. And she wanted to.

But . . . how to pass the time . . . Indra tried to think hard. But her thoughts soon wandered and she started to think of Ashen's music . . .

"Music!" Indra thought out loud and pulled her ocarina from out of her pocket. "Ashen, wanna play a song together? I'm bored."

---

For people who don't know what an ocarina looks like, here (scroll down a bit).

It's sort of like a flute.

Ashen didn't realize the girl's voice would be so loud. "Shh!" She hissed, with a quick glance around to see if anyone had heard Indra's exclamation. It didn't look like anyone had. "Not so loud, we don't want people to notice and start panicking. I'm sure everything is going to be fine."

It was quiet for a few moments, and Ashen looked around the room. Besides for the queen being missing for the moment, everything seemed normal. No one seemed to suspect anything was amiss.

"Ashen, wanna play a song together? I'm bored."

When Indra pulled out her ocarina, Ashen grinned. "What fun!" She didn't want to run back to get her lute, and instead pulled out her panpipes. "But can you keep up with me?" She put the pipes to her lips and started a tune.

:.:.:

((OOC: Pan Pipes ))

Yuffie thought about the queen for a moment and wondered where she could be. She quickly ate the cake, and she pulled out her flute. It wasn't as much fun as jumping around, but she wanted to play a song to.

"Of course I can keep up with you!" Indra exclaimed in joy. She didn't know the song Ashen was playing, but she soon caught on to the tune and started playing along.

She noticed Yuffie pull out her flute.

Awesome! Indra thought. This was going to be pure awesome.

Indra closed her eyes and let the music fill her head. It was wonderful. A mini-orcestra of wind instruments. Perfect.

Indra only opened her eyes as they ended this song and started on the next. She had noticed that a small crowd was gathering to listen.

Now this was why she came to the party. This was the life.

Diamondmist stood in stunned silence, letting the melody take over her senses. It was beautiful. For a moment, she almost wished she had taken lessons in music, but then again, she wouldn't have time to train otherwise. Music was a magic different from others.

Quite a crowd was starting to form now. She was lost in the mass of colors.

"Amazing, isn't it?" someone whispered close to her, and she nodded, smiling.

Munching her free foods down into her throat, shadowshed heard some flute's tunes came from a certain spot. It was beautiful, indeed. Playing for the queen? shadowshed wondered to herself. Interested by the melody that give her a bit sleepy face, she stood and walked over to see whoever the player. She had a theory that he/she is definitely a talented and she noticed that they had made the crowd around. Shadowshed was jumping a little to peek to the player. Ah, Yuffie? That's great! I didn't know if she can play that much, though. shadowshed telling herself by.

Yuffie had been so focused on the tune that she didn't even realize the crowd gathering around them. She finnished the song and laughed a little, at seeing the surprised faces of the Amaranthians that surrounded the group. She saw how surprised shadow looked, and she said, "I can't play all the notes... this is fun though!" Yuffie started to play another song and began swaying in time to the music.

Shadowshed stopped to jump as Yuffie moved to another melody. Going to feel it instead, Shade closed her eyes and focused at the sound sound that got in her ears. She smiled at how well it played. But as soon as sleepiness attacked her, she heard of some high pitched strings with from far away. What was that? Gah, ruins everything already? Shadowshed complained again, not even thinking whatever the piercing sound came from.