Aveyond Studios Community
Sign in to follow this  
Ryo-Kun

"Where the Words Go: An Amaranthian Tale" RP Thread

Indra had heard the noise, too, but she merely shuddered inside and kept on playing to the growing crowd. Some had their eyes closed, some were bouncing, others were trying to push their way to the front.

As this song ended, she slipped her ocarina back into her pocket. Some people looked at her, dissapointed that she had put the ocarina away. But as Ashen and Yuffie started playing again, Indra started to sing.

Indra had no idea why she had started to sing, but she had. She started quietly and meakly, but soon got louder and more confident. She didn't sound as bad as she thought she would.

At the end of the song she noticed that some people were staring at her, showing no emotion at all. Others were staring at the people who were staring at Indra.

Oh great, Indra thought, I've hypnotized them. Why did I start singing? Well, shows what power the voice has, that's for sure.

"Umm . . ." she said to everyone and blushed. "Sorry . . . I . . . I, uh, didn't mean to, er, hypnotize them. Er, all you people that are under my power, you are, uh, released." The people that were staring woke up immediately.

Indra sighed and took out her ocarina again. No more singing. That was for sure.

Oh, great, I've just met a hypnotist. Ashen thought with a slight grimace. She didn't like anything or anyone messing with her mind. She made a note to try and keep on this girl's better side.

In the slight silence that followed, Ashen heard the sound clearly for the first time. "My lute!" she cried.

She gathered up her skirts and pushed through the crowd at a run.

Suddenly Indra heard Ashen exclaim, "My lute!" and then ran off.

This party wasn't going as Indra thought it would. Not at all.

Indra sighed. It all had sounded to good to be true. As the crowd slowly drifted away, Indra thought back to before, in the streets of Amaranthia, with Adept, and shade, and iPink, and . . .

Ryo!

Indra hadn't seen ryp for quite a bit. She wondered where he could be. Maybe he got a concusion and . . . now that was just silly. She had seen him get up.

Indra walked away to go look for ryo.

Yuffie finished the song she had been playing and thought about how very strange this party was. Since when do the musicians run of looking for instruments and hypnotize the crowd? She shook her head and walked away. She put the flute back in its bag and put it by the cinnamon buns. Some of the onlookers looked disappointed, while others just looked confused.

Yuffie decided that it was time to go outside for a breath of air. She liked the atmosphere, but all the people in here made her feel kind of claustrophobic. She stepped out into the brisk evening air.

She stared at the stars and wondered where she could be and what kind of artifact she could be looking at. She took a deep breath and decided to go check on Ryo again. He should have been up by now.

Indra just couldn't find hi.

"Dang!" Indra said out loud. "How does he manage to not be found?!" She stormed out of the castle and sat down on the steps.

She had accidentally hypnotized a crowd of people, lost ryo, the queen wasn't there, and she had lost the rest of the chocolate cakes during her search.

This was just a bad day. Horrible.

Her first party at Amaranthia and it was not as fun as she thought it would be. Not at all.

Diamondmist didn't like this party, so to speak. Sure, it was nice, but no Queen. No fun. No people to blow up.

Indra had already exited, God bless her soul. She was smart.

But so was Diamondmist.

She weaved through the crowd, and tried to locate Indra. Red dress, blue dress, green dress - Indra's dress!

Diamondmist took off in a run, just a Indra stormed out of the castle in a huff. Perhaps she was looking for someone? Probably Ryo. What happened the guy, anyway? Had he drifted to sleep? Had his brain malfunctioned? Had he been hospitalized?

No, all those are ridiculous, Dia thought smilingly, and slowly opened the castle door. She noticed Indra grumpily muttering on the steps, something about today being a bad day. Sigh.

"Looking for Ryo-kun?" Dia sat down beside her,

trying to make conversation.

Indra turned to diamondmist. "Yeah, I am, but it's such a . . . boring party. I mean, with the queen gone, ryo missing . . . and you saw me hypnotize those people, right?"

Indra stomped her foot in frustration and scanned the streets for ryo. She couldn't see him either because he was laying on the ground out of sight or he had entered the castle unoticed.

"Hey, diamond, did you happen to see ryo enter the castle?"

"No, no I didn't."

Diamond confidently nodded, and examined the scenery. "Your hypnotic powers are pretty cool, though."

Dia snapped her fingers and tapped her lip. "Maybe he forgot about it. You know, he's kinda childish. Enough to be distracted by ice-cream."

Indra managed to crack a weak smile and laugh a little bit.

"I know. He is. He's probably laying asleep somewhere dreaming about kittens and the ice cream he never got."

There was a moment of silence before Indra thought of an idea.

"How about we go and do something else to take our minds off of the party. I bet there's at least one shop or restaurand or something like that open today."

"Yeah, okay, I don't mind."

Dia shrugged, and stood. Brushing dust and a bit of lint off her dress, she sat down again. "I hate heels," she grumbled, taking them off and staring at them.

Suddenly, an idea occurred to her.

She calmly broke off the heel with a hand. "Might as well. I have few others, after all. Where should we go?"

Yuffie stood around, just breathing and listening to all the lovely night sounds. She heard two people - Dia and Indra? - speaking. She decided to follow them. She walked calmly and quietly walked towards them, following the sound of their voices. She jumped when she heard the sound of a cracking shoe, and landed rather noisily on the cobblestone streets. She stood up rather sheepishly and said,

"Hey, can I come with you. I'm sick of that party, too."

iPink stepped out from a dark alley, filling the street with ominous pink fog, enveloping Yuffie. Then she went home and took a nap, leaving the mist behind.

((I honestly have no idea what's going on and I can't be bothered to actually go back and read it. XD))

Indra smiled at Yuffie and fanned away the pink mist around her.

"You can come, of course." Then, turning to Dia, she said, "You bother to wear shoes at all?! Why would you? You may think this sounds a bit weird and all, but I never put on shoes." She grinned and stood up.

Doing a few stretches, Indra thought of where to go.

"Where do you two want to go? What kind of place would be open during a ball?" Indra faltered, then grinned hugely. "Nevermind. Don't waste your energy thinking of a place to go. Remember, we can always hypnotize our way in!" Indra winked at the two in front of her and hopped down the stairs.

Dia smirked at her eccentric, weird friend. Indra was so energetic, so bright. She wondered if something ever deterred her.

"I know a good restaurant...but I'm not sure whether you'll be comfortable."

Dia gestured to Yuffie to move before walking to Indra herself. "I'm from a middle-class family which happens to love fighting; my siblings and me, anyway. We usually hang out at the back to the city where nobles aren't common - fighting tournaments, dirt, thieves, street urchins galore. There's a few good restaurants there. My brother owns one, we can get in."

She stopped, uncomfortably, and waited for someone to answer.

"Sounds good." Yuffie said, walking with the small group. She jumped up on a fence post, and climbed up to the top of a roof. The place they were going sure didn't seem very far away, and a food seemed like a good idea. She climbed down, and kept walking.

She pulled Dia along with her, walking in the general direction of the restaurant.

Dia raised an eyebrow when Yuffie grabbed her hand. and started to drag her. "The leader is being led? How cute," she said, grabbing Indra too.

After a while of walking through the quiet streets, they came to the Firefist, the restaurant she was talking about. It was no five-star, but good nonetheless, with merry yellow light streaming through.

"Through the side," Dia instructed, veering off the crude path in the shrubbery. "There," she pointed, at a wooden door at the side of the building. She let go of her friends and walked towards it. The knocker's metal twisted to form a face.

"Passssword?" The face hissed, snaky inflections in the 's'.

"Kay Kay Ess."

"Pleasssse Enter."

The door swung open, and Dia pulled her friends inside. "Oi! Azatrum! Get your handsome butt down here!"

There were a few moments of silence, but a good-looking, roguish young brunette man emerged from the door to the far left. "Dia? Though you were at the ball?"

"Nah, it was boring. Oh, yeah," she seemed to remember her silent friends.

"Azatrum, these are Yuffie and Indra. Guys, Azatrum. My older bro."

"Hey, nice to meet you." Indra grinned, looking around the restaurant. "This place looks better than a lot of others that I've been to. Never really liked those fancy places where they play classical music and have it all dark and candle-lit."

Indra stolled around the place, surveying different things going on. People fighting, people trying to steal things, that stuff. At least with the skill of hypnotism, she would be safe.

"So what next?" Indra asked.

That's odd, Ashen thought as she saw her lute was fine. I could have sworn someone was messing with it...

She picked up her lute and wandered out into the front hall again. She saw people leaving and shrugged. She was only paid for two hours of her time, and that time had passed. She decided to go look for a tavern to play in to make some extra money.

"What's next?" Dia echoed, darkly chuckling. "we eat, obviously. Don't worry about the bandits, they're friends." She raised her voice.

"Oi! Guys!"

Instantly, the entire restaurant stilled, and all the people expectantly looked at her. Dia cleared her throat before shouting again. "Right! Get it through your thick, impenetrable skulls -"

At that exact moment, a barbaric boy of about eight tugged on his elder sister's tattered dress and asked, "What's imp-impen-impenatible?" The girl shushed him and Dia continued. "Yeah, so. Get it through your thick skulls that you won't hurt these girls. They're my friends, ya hear? One finger on them and you lungs are punctured, 'kay? I said, okay?"

The barbarians nodded and went back to business.

"Do whatever now."

Indra grinned at the little boy next to Dia. She had never really got along with little girls, but little boys were a different story.

"Impenetrable means you can't get through it," Indra explained to him. "You get it?" Indra then turned to Dia. "How do you get food? Just yell, or tell someone or what?"

Ashen walked through the alleys, looking for a place that seemed well off enough to afford her, but not well off enough to already have a bard. Passing by a few of the more unsavory places, she found one that might do well.

"The Firefist, hmm? You could work." She said to herself. She made sure her dagger was in plain view, and tucked her coin-purse deeper in her dress. Putting on her best smile she ambled into the restaurant.

((Okay, what's going on in this RP? It kinda seems to me that all that's really happening is the character's are just going around doing absolutely nothing. Where's Ryo? lol))

((I think Ryo forgot about us... I'm following the rest of the RPers just so we are all together when the action starts up again. Maybe someone could take over for him?))