Aveyond Studios Community
Sign in to follow this  
Ryo-Kun

"Where the Words Go: An Amaranthian Tale" RP Thread

Dia didn't even pause before saying, "Azatrum's the cook, actually. He can make us something."

She turned to Azatrum, who was now heading into the kitchen to the far right. "Aza, foooood! NOW!"

Azatrum grumbled incoherently and signaled the band to his left to continue playing music. "What do you want, though?!" He shouted.

"I want chicken, get?"

He nodded. Dia turned to her friends.

"What do you guys want, then?"

---

((Well, PM Ryo...I guess.))

"I'll have some chicken, too!" Yuffie shouted over the din in the restaurant. She looked around at the people sitting at the tables. They looked wily, and strange. She liked that, for some odd reason. She sat down, and looked at the door as it opened. The story teller from the party walked through the doors.

Yuffie looked around, and looked through the small jars of flavourings.

"Expiration Date: 2 and half years ago" she said, placing the jar back on the table. Regardless of how old this was, it looked like it had been recently used.

((Has anyone seen Ryo at all? We'll have to PM him. :())

"Actually," Dia said, sneaking up behind Yuffie, these jars are recycled. "We either eat expired to get sick and by extension angry to beat up someone with a valid reason, or we just recycle used jars. Cool, eh?"

Azatrum was busy in his cooking, and the story-teller from the part walked in too. Dia decided to get to know her further. "Yo! Story-teller! Hell-o!"

She waved.

"Steak for me!" Indra yelled at the exiting chef, just as Dia called for the storeteller. Indra turned to her, smiled weakly and waved. She would certainly recognize her.

"Umm, I won't hypnotize you." Indra said in a tiny voice. That made a small crowd pause and look at Indra. "Yeah," Indra yelled. "I hypnotize."

Ashen was surprised to find the group of girls from the palace here. It didn't seem like that respectable of a place for them to be. Then again, one of them was a hypnotist... who just announced to the entire restaurant what she was. Ashen doubted that many would mess with Indra now. She knew she certainly wouldn't want to.

Ashen sauntered over to the group, eying the crowd. She could probably get away with some of the more bawdy songs here. However, she doubted many of her stories would be good for this type of gathering.

"Fancy seeing you again," she said to the girls as she reached their table. "This doesn't seem like the type of establishment one invited to the palace would visit often." She waved a hand indicating the rough-looking crowd.

"Pfft," Indra said carelessly. "I could easily take care of all of them with a few . . . words?" Indra wasn't quite sure how to phrase that sentence. "Besides, that ball was, no offense to anyone, boring!"

Indra looked around the place. Everyone around looked tough, but none of them looked like they would be able to resist hypnotism in it came to that.

"So, Ashen, what brings you here?"

Ashen pointed to her lute. "I'm a bard, I'm here to sing some songs, tell some tales, play some music... make some money... I hope." She said with a laugh.

Looking around, she asked, "Anyone know who's in charge here? I usually need permission to play."

"Literally, I am. This is owned by my family. Brother. Whatever. Ting ta ting ting."

Dia stuck her tongue out. "We try to keep secrets so we get the best of both worlds. Haha," she smiled, "go on and play."

Yuffie smiled as the story teller walked in. This would be fun. She took another glance at the jar of... whatever it was... and looked at Ashen. She was happier here than at the bar.

A guy who was sitting close to her reached out and took the... condiment... and tasted some. His face went a little pale, and then he poured it on to his chicken. Wow.

As she got her food, she hoped that maybe Ryo would come. Then it would be a real party!

"Go on and play."

Ashen grinned. Finding a place the was relatively clear of people, she plucked a few notes on her lute. She was trying to decide what song to sing. Nothing too shocking at first, not until she got a clear reading of the crowd.

Her fingers seemed to decide for her and she was whistling along before she realized. Well, this song will have to do, she thought. She enjoyed the song anyway.

"'He is no gypsy, my Father,' she cried

'but Lord of these lands all over.

And I shall stay 'til my dying day

with my whistlin' gypsy rover.'

Ah-dee-doo-ah-dee-doo-dah-day

Ah-dee-doo-ah-dee-day-dee

He whistled and he sang 'til the green woods rang

And he won the heart of a lady." She finished her song. The crowd seemed to enjoy it. Good, she thought. I should be able to get some tips.

Taking out a hat she kept for these purposes, she set it on the table beside her.

"Good evening, ladies and gents! I am Ashen Eclipse, a singer of songs and teller of tales. It is my delight to be playing for you right now. If it pleasures you, a donation in the hat would be much appreciated." She smiled her most winsome smile.

((Actually went and did research on ballads and tavern songs for this post. I should have just made stuff up.))

Indra swayed to the tune that Ashen was playing. When the song ended and Ashen asked for tips, Indra, along with some others, strolled over and dropped a few coins into the hat.

As she turned around she saw the chef come out balancing two plates of chicken and one plate of steak. Indra ran over and grabbed her plate, along with a fork. She took a bite and marveled at the taste.

Great.

"Hey, Yuffie, Dia! Food!" She yelled at her friends and took another bite.

"Okay! Coming, yeah?" Dia called to Indra, before turning to Ashen. "Here," she told her, "Fifty-two pieces of gold. I have just Five hundred and two right now, so hope it satisfies you. The song, though deserved more. You cat eat whenever you want, our table's over there."

She pointed, before waving, smiling, and hurried to Indra. She was happily eating.

Dia slid in to the sit opposite, and asked, "Like it here?" Then she started eating. "As always, Azatrum is marvelous."

"Oooh, just wonderful, thanks a bunch!" Indra replied cheerfully. "Looks like I won't have to hypnotize the chef to get good food." Indra smiled at her own joke. "Those cakes don't even compare to this!"

Indra glanced at Yuffie, wondering whether the girl was going to come and eat her food.

Yuffie listened to the song and found some gold in her purse. She tossed it in the hat and said, "That was pretty, Ashen!"

She heard Indra calling her and Dia. She turned around and saw the two of them eating. She ran to the table they were sitting at and sat down. She picked up her fork and knife and started to eat her chicken.

"Those cakes don't even compare to this!" Indra said.

"You're right! Your brother is a really good cook, Dia! Does he make deserts, too?" Yuffie asked, as the chicken practically melted in her mouth. She was having way more fun here than she was at the party.

Dia smiled as Yuffie took a bite and complimented her brother's cooking. Indra, too.

"Thanks, Yuffie. Can you believe that all e could make about two years ago was instant pudding?" she laughed. "Yeah, he makes desserts. Our entire family, especially our mum, goes gaga over sweet things. Me and my siblings all had to learn, but since half of my siblings are married and happily mating like rabbits with their respective spouses, my Azatrum, me, Nevaeh, Korin, Hyn and Juu and left. But you don't wanna hear about my family, right?"

She smiled good-naturedly and asked, "When you're finished, d'you want me to call Aza for dessert? He can make anything."

Yuffie listened to Dia talk about her family. She asked if they wanted desert.

"I'd love that! And no, I can't believe that all he could make two years ago was instant pudding. If that's true, I bet it was really good pudding!"

She took another bite of chicken. There was some citrus taste to it, and that only enhanced the flavour. She was having the best time here! She would have to make a habit of coming here for food- there was no way she was going to pass this up!

Dia froze, twitching, when Yuffie mentioned Azatrum's pudding.

"Oh, lord, please don't remind me of his pudding of Doom. It was horrible, we all threw up when we tasted it. It was...agh, no other word to describe it but horrible." Dia shuddered, but shook her head to get rid of the memory.

"Anyway, would you prefer one of our chocolate flavored ones, strawberry, vanilla, green tea, or blood-flavored desserts? All come with options of nuts, frosting of your choice, tea, dango, and more!" Dia said it all in a perfect advertising French accent.

"Oh, and," Dia noticed that Yuffie enjoyed it a lot, "free coupons can be bought in the room over there," she pointed to a tiny door big enough for a mouse to pass through. "You have to drink a special potion known only to special friends and individuals. Inspired by Alice in Wonderland! Buy one, get one free!"

She giggled as she said the last part.

Indra barely heard Dia's last words. She was too busy gagging and choking down a glass of cold water.

"B-b . . . b . . ." Indra tried to spit out the words, but was interupted by another fit of gagging. "Blood flavored?" She finally managed. She pushed away the plate with half of the steak left. "Sorry, I don't have an appettite anymore. Not even for this! Please excuse me while I go to the bathroom and my dinner exits my mouth . . . speaking of the bathroom, where is it?"

Bathroom's there, next to the kitchen. There," Dia pointed nonchalantly at a door beside the kitchen. "The blood-flavored ones are usually reserved for vampires, or werewolves. We don't use human blood, though, we duplicate it; anything can be duplicated with a little magic reinforcing."

"And, can I eat your stake? Nah, nah, just kidding, I have enough here. Have to stay in shape; fighting and boys."

Dia looked around, before saying, "I am a normal girl, too."

Indra was off before Dia finished. She ran into the bathroom and charged into a stall. Indra stood in front of the toilet, but all that came out of her mouth was a little burp.

Indra sighed, relieved and went back to the table.

"I'm fine," she stated, taking her seat. "But I do think I'll need something to drink."

Yuffie heard "blood flavored" come out of Dia's mouth and blanked for a moment. She came out of that little trance when she saw Indra run to the bathroom like she was going to be sick.

"I think I'll stick with chocolate..." she said when Indra came back. "Wait a minute... you have to BUY free coupons?" she added, looking at Dia suspiciously.

Indra gladly recieved the drink from Dia and took a tiny sip.

" . . . you have to BUY free coupons?" Indra heard Yuffie point out. Indra turned to Dia too.

"Yeah, Dia, not like I'm being mean to you or anything, but why do you buy free coupons?" Indra added.

"I never said with money," Dia smiled, leaning forward, "you have to reply to a riddle. If you succeed, you get a coupon depending on how many riddles you choose to answer. If you answer five, you get a coupon for two whole years. Want too buy one/ The riddles are easy," Dia suggested.

"Sure! After desert, that is!" Yuffie said, licking her lips. This restaurant was really interesting. She looked around again and saw a big guy eating a blood flavored dessert with his knife. She looked back at Indra, and moved her chair so that she couldn't see him. She didn't need Indra throwing up.

"What kind of desserts are they?" she asked excitedly.