Aveyond Studios Community
Sign in to follow this  
Ryo-Kun

"Where the Words Go: An Amaranthian Tale" RP Thread

"Oooh!!!" Indra squealed in delight. "Riddles!!! Yes yes yes! Sign me up!" She jumped out of her seat just as Yuffie moved over and saw what Yuffie was apparently trying to block from view and sat down immediatly.

"Umm, that is, as soon as big guy over there leaves," she added hastily. "So, about dessert . . ."

Dia noticed Indra spot something, and sit down again, excitement subdued. She looked curiously over her shoulder and realized it was a large man - eating a blood-flavored dessert. Awkward.

"Ehm, don't...mind him, he's regular..." Dia smiled nervously before snapping her fingers. "Chocolate? Or any other flavor except you-know-what?"

Indra smiled. "Don't worry, my stomach feels fine. And sure, chocolate will do fine."

Indra stood again and walked over to the room where the almost free coupons were. Indra had always loved riddles, and she remembered even having something about a paragraph formerly hanging around.

She strolled into the room. "Hey, free coupons for riddles, huh?"

Yuffie jumped up excitedly and followed Indra. She wanted free coupons, too!

"I love this restaurant. I wouldn't have expected this much fun here!" Yuffie said, walking into the little room. She looked around and saw a shrinking potion... or a yogurt drink. It was one or the other. She picked it up and drank some, instantly shrinking into a mini person!

Yuffie looked around, and saw the tip of Indra's shoe. She shook her head. She was no taller than the foot part of the shoe!

"I see what Dia meant when she was talking about shrinking!" she yelled, hoping that Indra would hear her over the din of the restaurant.

Dia stared as she was left at the table. "Wait -" she scrambled up and ran to where Indra was standing.

All of a sudden, she heard a tiny, squeaky voice from her feet - "Yuffie!" Dia said, and knelt down, careful not to disturb her.

She picked Yuffie up in her hand and showed her to Indra. "She's taken the shrinking potion. Cool, Yuffie, only beside the door until you get a free coupon..."

Indra turned to Yuffie. "Oh my gosh, Yuffie, you fool!" Indra burst out laughing. "How are you supposed to get free coupons when you can't even lift them?" Indra wiped tears away from her eyes. "But I'll carry them for you if you want."

Yuffie squeaked something inaudible. Indra laughed again.

"So," she said, her laughing reduced to a giggle. "About these riddles . . ."

"Yeah, actually," Dia shifted, "you need to be tiny to get through the door. Once you get in, you turn back into normal and get transported outside when you're done."

Dia took a bottle of the shrink me potion and offered it to Indra, while removing the cap off of another. She pushed it into Indra's hand and started to drink the other one. Thank God she's taken grape flavored.

S sensation of shrinking took over her, and when she opened her eyes, she was no bigger than Yuffie. Well, a little taller, considering her already-big height.

"Oh," Indra said, feeling stupid. She took a sip of her potion and shrank to half her size. Finishing the rest of her potion, she became the size of Yuffie and Dia.

"Thank god-" She burst out laughing. Her voice was so squeaky and rediculous. "Thank god our clothes shrank with us."

She walked around the room a bit. Everything was so huge! And more detailed, too! The man eating the blood desert had to be more than a thousand times her height!

Returning to the Yuffie and Dia, she said, "Let's go get some coupons!"

"Yep!" Dia dragged Yuffie and Indra to the door, before knocking on it. For a second, all she saw was white, before she was in a room. She was now normal-sized as well.

It was much like a fortune-telling tent, blue and purple all over with no lights at all. The only thing that remotely was any close to a light was an illuminating crystal ball on a small table. Behind the table sat a pretty woman, about in her twenties, and with hair the same shade of blue that Dia's hair was.

"Hey, Nevaeh," Dia greeted, smiling, pushing Indra and Dia forward. Nevaeh scrutinized the girls, grinning.

"A hypnotist and a ninja? Really, Dia? Didn't know such highly-viewed people would socialize with a brat like you - "

Neveah was cut off when Dia shot a Mizuhoshi at her, average-sized and not humongous like a normal one would. Neveah was drenched to the bone, and laughed. In a snap of her fingers, she was completely dry again.

"Nevi's a fire-nature, not water-nature like me," Dia added, as a side note. "Nevi, they want coupons."

"All right," Neveah smiled charmingly, "for how much time do you want?"

Indra couldn't speak for a moment. How did she know Indra was a hypnotist?

"How much time?" She managed. "Erm, what does that mean?"

"A coupon is always for an extended amount of time before expiry. We give coupons depending on the time you want, also the amount of numbers..." Nevaeh smiled, laughingly, at the hypnotist's confusion.

"Are you surprised I know who you are? Hm. Every magic user has an aura. I just read yours."

"Uh . . . okay," Indra said. "Umm . . . three weeks, I guess?"

Indra was getting more freaked out by this lady by the minute. She didn't look old at all, not like other gypsy/fortuneteller sort of people that Indra had met before. She was also insulted by the lady who smiled at her confusion.

So far, didn't like her at all.

"Three weeks. One riddle, then."

Neveah smiled softly, looking into her crystal ball. Dia rolled her eyes. "The mystic look doesn't cut it, you're just nineteen, we know it's an act - AIIIEEE!!" Dia screeched as a huge ball of fire hurled towards her. Dia hurried cast Mizuhoshi to douse the fire, just inches away from frying her hair.

"Dia, you'd better not mouth off or you're so dead," Nevi threatened, her face a black storm. Dia wasn't fazed in the slightest, but went silent. Nevaeh's mystic look was back on in an instant and she again looked in the crystal ball.

"Thriendal F'reya Lenvon!" she sang suddenly, voice cutting through the air. This earned a small scoff from Dia and a faint mumble of, "fake...". Nevi ignored it and spread her arms wide.

"Tell me this, my dear one! An easy one I will bestow. Though liquid in nature, don’t push me too far; for then I will break, and the damage may scar. What am I?"

The next thing she knew, Yuffie was being whisked off by mini Indra and Dia. She walked through a tiny door, and was normal size again. She looked around, and saw the pretty colours of a gypsy tent.

Yuffie saw that there was a fortune teller, who seemed to like blasting people with fire balls. She noticed that Indra was being asked a riddle, and decided to wait for her to finish before she asked for a three week coupon as well. She'd probably be back in a week or two, anyways, so she could get more then.

As she thought, she pondered Indra's riddle. An idea came to her, but she bit her lip so that she wouldn't say anything. This was Indra's riddle!

Though liquid in nature . . . My damage may scar Sounded like fire. She had burned herself . . . many times trying to tame fire, but eventually studied hypnotism instead.

"Fire, I think," Indra said, slightly amused that someone that used fire magic would make that an answer to a riddle.

It had to be.

Dia frowned. That wasn't the answer. The answer was glass. Indra was close, but - it seemed that Indra overlooked the breaking and liquid part. Fire? Well, Neveah did have a habit of using small techniques on people if they got the riddle wrong, depending on their answer...

"I am very afraid, so afraid, that your answer is wrong - the truth is glass, and rightly so, I will have to sing a song."

There it was. The attack. The 'song' was the spell - well, fire was sort of very close, so Nevi'd put less power -

"Firefang!" Less power all right. The burn wasn't even fierce, just about bigger than a candle flame. It hit Indra on the arm, and Dia laughed nervously. "Payment, I guess, heheh..." She cast an apologetic look at the girl before turning back to her other friend.

"Want a coupon, Yuffie? Indra'll have to wait a turn."

"Okay! Yuffie shouted, happily skipping forward. She liked coupons. She looked at the fortune teller, and stared at her in a spooky kind of way. Maybe she'd give up the answer if she stared hard enough. Stop kidding yourself! You're a ninja, not a hypnotist! she thought.

Dia appologized, and Yuffie was going all wannabe-hynotist, and Indra was grinning.

"Well, that's the first time I've been stumped by a riddle," she commented. It really wasn't for the heck of saying it, Indra had said it to get eye contact with the weird gypsy woman.

Hopefully she wasn't immune to hypnotism.

But, to avoid the less obvious path, she went into a trance and put on a smile. Gazing at the woman, she gave the most hypnotic gaze that she could manage.

The woman was hypnotized.

Dia groaned. Poor Indra. She thought she could hypnotize Nevaeh? Well, it would work for about a few minutes before a huge fireball would head her way. Neveah had been training against hypnotism since she was little.

Indra was smiling. Yuffie was imitating Indra, and Dia was...shaking her head. As always.

Seconds ticked by. It had been about half a minute since Neveah had been staring into Indra's eyes - or the other way round. Personally, Dia wasn't surprised. Neveah wasn't immune, after all. But wait - the haze in Nevi's eyes was clearing up -

"Firefang!" The spell hit Indra like a cement truck. The last time Nevi had used the spell it was tiny. Now it was like a big flamethrower.

"I told you," Dia muttered, massaging her temples. Why did Nevi get all the fun?

Indra grinned, staring at her burns, than at the gypsy.

"Hey," Indra said, stepping forwards towards the woman. "You're the second person I've met to resist my hypnotism. Congrats."

She stepped back and pushed Yuffie forwards. "Go on, get a coupon." She lowered fer voice. "And maybe share it with me."

Nevi smiled winningly at Indra and said, "An honor." Then she turned to Yuffie. "Another riddle, for you, let's advance. Here it is - a man committed suicide by hanging himself. He was non-magical, and there was no chair or table underneath him to help him climb up to the level of the rope. All evidence was a footprint matching his own shoe. What helped him up? Speak, friend, and tell me."

Indra frowned. She knew this was Yuffie's riddle, but what the heck was the answer? Maybe she wasn't as good at riddles as she thought.

Was a man's friend there that had identical shoes? Was the guy an expert gymnist and jump? Indra entertained herself with rediculous answers to the riddle as she waited for Yuffie to answer.

((I AM BAAACCCKKK. Friday's when I'll be completely free, but the last are a cinch. I'll be able to join.))

~~~~~~~

Nevaeh frowned. It seemed that Yuffie was quiet - was there no answer from her? All right.

"Hypnotist," she spoke softly, "would you take a try?"