Aveyond Studios Community
Sign in to follow this  
tiramisu

Where are saved files in Vista?

I am reformatting my hard drive on the desktop computer, so transferred my game to my laptop My problem is, I have this HORRIBLE Vista and cannot find the place to put my saved files. I did a search to find the ones created using the program in the laptop and when I was ready to transfer my saved files from the desktop computer, no amount of searching will find where to put them.

Anyone have a clue?

One positive, I did find out how to make Windows Explorer files look like XP's! the only OS worse than Vista is W7!

I am playing this slowly to make it last a LONG time, and I hope there will be more Aveyond episodes!

OK, just did that and it says 'no items match your search'.

I can find the folder for the game in Program Files, but there is no folder that I can find that has the saved files in it.

Thank you for your help :)

It shows up for me just fine.

Curious, are you putting a space between Aveyond and 3? Or are you just typing out Aveyond3? Because if you type it out like that, nothing will result.

I copied and pasted what you said... I will type it in and see what happens. :)

This time search took several minutes and still didn't find that folder. :|

I am assuming, mopiece, that you also have Vista. Mine is the Home Edition.

Specifically, my Vista is Home Premium with SP2

Merged posts. Please edit your posts instead of double posting.

~Mopiece

Sorry, I missed your request previously. I just clicked 'reply to post'. :| I may forget again, just yell at me, I don't ask for help enough to remember and have never seen that mentioned.

Thanks for the help, I will check where you said, can't see it from here in Edit. :)

Using EDIT again, and checked it, and that doesn't show any of my responses to each of yours, will it show them in proper order for others who might have the same problem? No need to answer that one, more a thought that needing an answer

GOT IT!!! the correct place to put in the search is

"Start > Run, then type in %AppData%\Aveyond 3. Press enter and your savegame files should be shown. If not, make sure your folder options are set to show hidden files & folders."

and there was my folder!!! I had even done a SEARCH of the data file name and that didn't find it either! Go figure. ANYWAY, thank you very much for all your help!

Check the pinned topics in the Technical Questions forum. Tiniponi has gone to the trouble of locating and showing the full path to your save files for a number of different operating systems :)

(also, please use the Edit button to add more to your post [only if nobody has replied], rather than making post after post)

and i said "Address bar", not "Search engine" XD Unless Vista ain't the same as XP in this respect. I'll remember "Start --> Run" in the future, but it's just that not everyone has "Start --> Run" available (esp the kiddies on their parents' computers)

lol - on the editing posts bit ... if nobody has posted immedately after you (if yours is the last post in the thread) and you want to add something, you should edit your post.

If someone HAS posted after you, then you should Add Reply instead.

We don't want people having lots of posts one after the other. But if you keep editing your post all the time, it won't show up as something "new" in the thread, so you might not get an answer.

So ... if the last post is yours, use Edit. If the last post is not yours, use Add Reply :) I hope that hasn't just confused you completely ;)

Back on topic, glad you found your files. Good luck with that reformatting. You should probably copy the whole Aveyond 3 folder, so when you get everything installed again, you can be sure the folder structure is still correct.