Aveyond Studios Community
Sign in to follow this  
padswaggle

MayorAnime - Lost Legacy: an Animania story

Developer: MayorAnime

Warning: This game contains mature themes

Love this game:)

http://life-larp.com/events/LL/ll-downloads.htm

I can't seem to pass my 'journeyman trials' though. If anyone has, would you please let me in on the secret of the crystals? I have seriously tried and failed too many times :s

if you haven't played.... you must.

warning: mature themes... skillfully played though. ;)

Added by aislingyngaio o/b Xchain:

Lost Legacy-An Animania Story

A game made by Christian Roule

Game Details

Overview

Faqs

Downloads (last updated 4/5/09)

Full game with patch 6b (Main)

Full game with patch 6b (Mirror)

Latest patch (6b)

Warning: This game contains mature themes

Official Forums

http://z13.invisionfree.com/InspirationalDesigns/index.php?

Journeyman Trials Walkthrough by Dawnfire

Main

Mirror

Commentary Walkthrough by aislingyngaio

http://houseofngaio.t15.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=77&f=19

Hmm, I am reading now the FAQ and it looks very interesting. I think I will try this game when I have some vacation/free time. It's a huge download o_O but good that since October we've had fast connection at home.

Does it have difficult fights/long training needed for leveling up and moving on? I dislike it in games when I have to stuck in one area just to train to level up so that I can move on because the differences in difficulty between areas are too big...

the first time I played it; it took a fair while. but my skill must've increased because the seccond time it took only several hours to get to where I am (halfway I think)

I think it's been done well. you'll love it I'm sure :D

:blink: Thanks for the info and link. I am quite selective about games, but from what I see on their site it looks like it is a game worth trying! Too bad I have so much uni/studying stuff recently... it will probably take me a couple of months yet to get to play it! u_u

I've started playing the game but I'm running into a problem I was wondering if anyone else experienced. I'm trying to get away from the castle in the beginning and whenever Stiles goes to fight a message that says 'the file spear1 cannot be opened' or something similar to that, and the whole game closes. Does anyone know what might be the problem? There's no forum for this game on the website

Also, does anyone know if there's a walkthrough for this game anywhere?

This sucks, it would be bad not to be able to continue because of it :( I am not there yet so I don't know what to do with it, I've just started... But I don't know what I'm supposed to do in the beginning in the place where the Sensei lives after all the automatic scenes @_@ I think I have been everywhere where it was possible to go, also found some items, and it won't let me leave the place... Should I just train with that figure and some continuing eventually will come after I level up or something?? I don't know how to move on.

I think that's the part where you need to cook dinner. Go to the basement and interact with the buckets and jars there and you'll find an empty bucket. Then go out the front and there will be a well at the front of the house and fill the bucket with water. Then go back down to the basement and interact with the jars again and you'll find Tsunami's cooking pot, and then she'll be able to make dinner. At least that's how I did it! Hope that helps ^^

I'm sorry dawnfire I never had that glitch... the game ran smoothly for me all the way.

I'll have a looksie if there's a walkthrough, otherwise I'll start the game again; and write one...though I have only got to half-way, you guys may have to help me from then on ;)

That would nice if you could write a walkthrough or find one :blink: The game is really enjoyable; I can't find time to play for long at once or frequently, so it will take me very long to finish it, but on the other hand good that I'll be able to enjoy it for long XD I am now in the caves right after escaping from the castle (didn't have any technical problems), just started exploring what's there and training.

it happened to me as well. I was fleeing with other gladiators and suddenly my game window vanished to no where. I tried reloading the game and yet at that point the game crashed again. i don't think i will now replay the whole game again...it's sooooo turn off.

yeah, I know what you mean... especially since the start-up storyline is such a long one.

out of interest... which file did you download? I did the full version, as I have a fast connection.

also I have started a walkthrough; though I've never done one or really used them much so it may take a while. I'm a very thorough person.

could not find any useful info other than the site I gave above. if anyone else has come across another walkthrough or current forum, I'd like to know :)

that's awesome that you're starting a walkthrough padswaggle! lol I tend to be realllly picky about completing a game, I like to do everything in the right order and I like to find everything that there is to find, so I tend to have a hard time without a walkthrough :)

That's so weird though about the glitch. Though the one that I downloaded was the one without the voices (I really don't want the speaking while I'm playing) so I wonder if that's it? I noticed that there's a folder called battle weapon and there isn't anything in it, I wonder if that's part of the problem? I guess I could download the full version and try, I'd just hate to have to start over. But that might be what I have to do!

actually I do have a question about what to do in the game: are you supposed to actually fight the 2 gladiators that are your friends, which I did first and I ended up healing them, then we all had 5 minutes to escape. I couldn't find my way out so I lost. Then the second time, I actually got out of the arena into the castle and climbed down a vine and the gladiators were already with me. I was just curious which way to do it?

Sorry such a long post!!

I have the full version, Dawnfire, and no problems so far. And in the arena, there aren't more possibilities what to do, are there? I fought the two gladiators and it ended up with Tsunami healing them, then I had the 5 minutes for escaping but I was nervous if I would make it because I of course didn't know the way and so I freed only the male slaves and then already tried to run to the exit without searching for the female slaves. And I climbed down too and ended up in a cave and from then I continued and ended up fighting the red masked guy and travelling to the Sensei's place again.

lol I wonder if it's another glitch in my game then? When you're in the arena, at the very bottom of it in the two corners there are stair looking things, and I was searching around it (there are potions along the walls) and when I got to the corner I was able to just walk right past it into the castle section. It was weird! I didn't think I'd actually be able to do anything, so I started walking around to try to familiarize myself for when I did have to rush out of there, and I ended up finding a vine in one of the rooms and climbed down it to an area under the castle I think it was. Then when I ran into an enemy, the 2 gladiators were already with me.

edit: I tried the full version and fought Rapier and Stiles and escaped like normal, and it's still telling me that file can't be found and closes right away. So I can't continue :( I don't know how to fix that! For you guys that have it working, can you check the folder called 'BattleWeapon' and see if it's blank like mine is?

ok, thanks for checking :) I ended up getting past that part b/c I just defended with Stiles and Rapier, but I can't keep doing that for the whole game with the other characters. I'm in the forest now with the 2 new ones and it happened again. Luckily I had just saved with the crystal so I didn't lose anything. But how annoying! I really want to play this game too :( I don't understand why your games work fine but mine doesn't *puzzled* :S

And maybe I missed something, but is the save option going to always be grayed out like that? Is the only way to save through those crystals?

I found and even better way of getting past that glitch. Instead of defending, I had them use "technology" (or something like that) every time. Oh yeah! And once you defeat the skeleton and get the what-cha-ma-call-its (you'll know when you get them!) you equip Rapier and Stiles with them and guess what? No more glitchy! Yay! Right now, I'm stuck on trying to find the key back at the sensei's house...anyone know where it is?

Edit:

Haha, I found it! If anyone else needs some help with it, you should go ask the bartender at the pub for a drink :P

yeah I tried that too. But it's glitching again with Lina and ummm that guy that's with her, can't remember his name, and her powers are gone so it's difficult not being able to fight with everyone. And I don't want the game closing if I haven't saved at a crystal in a while, that would suck a lot!

I emailed the creators, I don't know if they'll respond though. We'll see!

lol it took me forever to find that stupid key, I didn't think about asking the bartender!

the crystals definitely do make it more challenging! I don't mind, I just don't want to end up dying after I've gotten far. But I gues I just won't die! :P

Yay!! Guess what I just found out? Well, you know how you guys have been saying that you would change the which one you downloaded, but you didn't want to lose your game? Well...here's a solution:

1. Open the folder that the game data is in

2. Go all the way to the bottom and take out save (and then a number). And put it on your desktop or something.

3. download the new pack and put the save back into the folder. There!

I haven't tested it yet, I'm in the process of doing so now, but I've done the same thing with other games, and it worked fine :)

oh that's a good idea to not have to start over! the only problem is that I've downloaded both the full version and the one without the speech and both are glitching on me. I've been able to get around it a little bit, but now I'm fighting a boss (the thief guy) and his attacks are causing the error now, and there's no way I can avoid that.

Let me know if the version you're downloading works and I'll see if I can try it again and use the method you said to start with my saved game :)

is there even a file called spear1 in the games that aren't glitching?

Uh the fights are tough and levelling up is EXTREMELY slow. :( That's the thing I don't like but otherwise it's good.

Mmmm where is actually the place begginning with an L where I am supposed to go after Genua? I am wondering because of the time limit, if I have enough time to wander and explore around or not. Is it the one that I can see on the map behind the caves with the switches and boulders??

I got another idea! And it works too! Suhweeet. Ok, go to the "battle" folder in the game data. copy one of the files than paste it. Rename it "Spear1.xyz" exactly like that. It worked for me! I hope it works out for you guys too :D