Aveyond Studios Community
Sign in to follow this  
padswaggle

MayorAnime - Lost Legacy: an Animania story

hello guys,

as I have never written one before; please give feedback on layout/content :D thanks

SHEN LONG, TSUNAMI & ANIME'S HOME:

*3 Potion

*2 Ether

*2 Phoenix Down

*antidote

*Eyedrops

1) TRAIN WITH MOKUJIN

just keep pressing enter or spacebar when Tsunami's bar reaches full... mokujin is easy to beat

2) COOK DINNER FOR ANIME AND SHEN LONG

a) Find Tsunami's cooking pot. (upstairs)

B) Find the water jug (same room)

c) Fill the jug with water (water well, South of the house)

d) Return to cooking pot.

3) SHEN LONG HAS CALLED YOU TO HIM FROM UPSTAIRS

a)

B) Go fetch Anime from the grotto... as far East as you can go.

c) Return to Shen Long.... (is now in the library, upstairs)

4) GO OUT BACK DOOR TO SEE WHAT SHEN LONG IS DOING

a) Face the music... go talk to sensei

B) have a bath (downstairs)

5)ANIME CAN'T SLEEP- GO SEE SENSEI BY THE POND (despite his specific instruction not to)

6)SOMTHING IS WRONG- GO FIND SENSEI

~oO0Oo~

SHEN LONG'S KOKON-DO

force strike -2 lotus blossom -12

empower -10 flurry attack -15

hand of god -64 buddah's palm -4

throat jab -6 aura -13

nerve strike -20

~oO0Oo~

At some point it is a good Idea to go around and explore; these things you can interact with for information, items or experience:

there is a bridge at the bottom of the stream; but near the top is a place you can jump over ;)

~~spoilers~~

INSIDE:

1B

sword racks

paintings

jar next to mokujin (healing)

Mokujin (training or save)

Kitchen shelves~ find the one with the potion and the one with the ether!

empty or full jars

folding wall

sensei's treasure box

bath

1F

woodpiles

water jug~ to fill or empty

various bowls

barrel of cooking wine

empty space on counter... should you do it? ;) phoenix down

one jar has a potion... and aneurysm for some reason ?!(safe)

Tsunami, Anime and Shen Long's dinner bowls

decorative armor

2F

all the books in the library

folding walls

treasure chests

beds

japanese dictionary

Murasame

clothes chests

shen long's lute

OUTSIDE:

NorthWestern corner: potion

Waterfall: ! eyedrops, ! phoenix down

rocks but not trees...save one...later on ;)

the pond

SoutheEastern corner: ! (if you read the books, you'd understand ;) antidote

the sakura tree (cherry blossom)

scarecrow

field of practise pegs

Ether in the stream

judge's stage (sparring platform)

buddah statue

water well

angel statues

~oO0Oo~

KING RAUL'S COLUSIUM

before the final battle, there is a glitch where you can walk south to the wall, then on either side you can walk 'through the wall and upstairs' to the spectator area! when you talk to the specators, it's information for later on in the game. if you go to the room with lines of flares, don't go out the south door- that's the entrance to the castle but you get stuck in that scene.

you can actually escape without fighting this way.

also, you can use this glitch to buy unlimited 'time-shards' and 'hero's journals' but don't use the 'time-shards' until you have 4 members in your party or you'll get stuck

*3 antidotes

*ether

*3 eyedrops

*potion

*mid potion

~oO0Oo~

1)lot's of clip-scenes! the monsters are easy to fight, just one or two hits of plain 'fight'

a) talk to Tsunami. (also try to talk to stiles and blank) and get your ether and antidotes

B) go to bed. (also try to talk to rapier and Ruby) and get your potion and eyedrops

2) FIGHT STILES & RAPIER

a) but Tsunami panics and heals them...

B) then use the weapon stands either east or west to get to the spectator stands

c) go downstairs to free the slaves (once each side) -though not necessary-

d) finally upstairs (twice) and north avoiding the soldiers, to climb the vine down

~oO0Oo~

BOY'S CELL:

bucket near hole in wall -antidotes x3

left wall, southern room ! ether

all beds, tables and notices on wall

all people

all crates (and like it says, none have anything in them)

torches

GIRL'S CELL:

bucket near hole in wall -eyedrops x3

wall between the two southern rooms, south side potion

all beds, tables and notices on wall

all people

all crates (and like it says, none have anything in them)

torches

FIGHTING ARENA:

right wall, near bottom corner ! mid potion (can be reached from either side of wall)

you can talk to the spectators and the guards blocking the entrance (but if you do you went south not north ;)

~oO0Oo~

THE CAVE

don't forget to equip any armor you may have procurred from your battles

if you save your game at a time crystal before asking Chronos for a hint, you can get the hint, quit then restart from your save game with the time gem!

* ether

* 2 rough hide

* 3 brass knuckle

* tent

1) find the bridge pieces

a) good idea to activate the time crystal. the first time you get miss secretary's explaination, so you have to activate this one twice.

B) DEFEAT JAGI!

right hand (East) cross roads -chest -ether

South cross roads, turn left ! -time gem, turn right *puzzle* chest -bridge piece, switch

North-Eastern corner, jump accross river -chest -rough hide (armor) also ! brass knuckle

follow river south, skeletons: -2 brass knuckle -chest -bridge piece

defeat jagi -rough hide

after parting ways with stiles & rapier, check the wall on the right -tent

CHRONOS' HINT:

"in order to escape from Raoul's clutches, you must first build a bridge, using two bridge pieces scattered in chests on the south side of the cavern. The rock puzzle is easy if you just step back and look at it. the skeletons pose no threat to a party that passes dear Ultimecia's judgement. The boss of the dungeon has a weak central nervous system, and while he is resistant to shock, there is another ailment he is quite vulnerable towards. Beware though! if you dally too long, the Knights of Raoul will catch you"

As there are SO many things you can interact with; I have stopped listing them, and now only list the things which are essential to the storyline or have things on them, hence, that section will now be last & called ~~spoilers~~

any other suggestions? (work in progress ;)

aislingyngaio: Merged posts

As there are SO many things you can interact with; I have stopped listing them, and now only list the things which are essential to the storyline or have things on them, hence, that section will now be last & called ~~spoilers~~

any other suggestions? (work in progress ;)

Wow, good job Padaswaggle!

Where is the place L where I am supposed to go after Genua? I am wondering because of the time limit, if I have enough time to wander and explore around or not. Is it the one that I can see on the map behind the caves with the switches and boulders??

Not too much of a spoilerish answer:

yep that's exactly the place!

Spoiler answer:

what i did was pretty much skip everything and all the chests and stuff just because of the time limit, and I used the thief guy to escape (it's one of his options) in battle b/c I was impatient :P And just go back to it after you deliver the letter. Then on the other side is the town you need to go to.

What you want to do is find the little ship dock, I can't remember where it is exactly but I think it's on the first screen in the town, but again I don't remember exactly. Then take that to the castle and go upstairs and find where there are a bunch of guards standing around and they won't let you through.

Then Zidane (is that his name? the thief guy) will tell you maybe one of his friends can help, so go to the theater district and find him, I think he's on the second screen of that district. Then the rest is pretty straight forward. That's as far as I am now.

and that walkthrough looks good so far, padswaggle! It's nice and to the point

Ok thanks! Then I will just try to go through the caves as fast as possible and then perhaps go back later too. I haven't even explored the town of Venice at all because I was worried because of the time... Is there something important?

Ah but now I am so upset T__T I was in these caves with the boulders and I saved at the crystal, then closed the game. But then later I opened the game again and the option Load is grayed!!! So I can not get to my saved game. I have no idea what happened. And when I see the folders in my comp where the game is located, I can see that the file Save01.lsd is there. But I have no idea why I can't get to it when I open the game... I really don't want to start over again T_T

Ah but now I am so upset T__T I was in these caves with the boulders and I saved at the crystal, then closed the game. But then later I opened the game again and the option Load is grayed!!! So I can not get to my saved game. I have no idea what happened. And when I see the folders in my comp where the game is located, I can see that the file Save01.lsd is there. But I have no idea why I can't get to it when I open the game... I really don't want to start over again T_T

I got through the ruins of Old Alexandria and am trying to continue but every time I go to Cairo, I can't get in and there doesn't seem to be anywhere else I can go. I got the gems back for the merchant outside the city but now I'm just wandering around. What should I do now?

Edit: Nevermind. Found a spot I didn't realize was interactive.

Hey all...ive been playing lost legacy for a few days now and im wondering if anybody is having the same probs as me or if its a gliche in my game! i cant use any of the "stones" such as air, fire, ice, etc.

also all the "remedies" for blind,berserk, stun,etc....well i dont need them because once i win the fight everything goes away except for poison...even if my character is broken...once i win i dont need the phoenix down...i just need the potion to up the hp.......im confused!! should i sell them....i did make it to mt quaf(?)but did not enter because i feel i need to level up. im at level 11 with anime,tsnumai,garnet and zidane. also garnet does 0 damage in fights...sorry for the long post but im wondering if this is the way its supposed to be or not

oh yeah and does anyone know who can do levitation??i need it to save the baby from the werewolf!!!

thanks so much for any help

i think that's how it's supposed to be, don't worry :) At least it's how it is for me as well. I've kept all of my remedies just in case, but I've never actually used anything yet.

As for your other question, I'm pretty sure that Lina is the one who is able to use levitation. You need her to save the baby? Good to know! lol I went through that area but was completely creamed by those stupid imps. I last saved right where the werewolf sidequest seems like it starts, but I have no clue how much longer until I get to another town to restock and save, so I'm not sure if I should turn around and level up first.

Garnet has done no damage for me either. I'm only keeping her in the party to level her up, b/c the secretary lady said she'd be really powerful when she levels up more. I dunno!

Also a note to other people who had that glitch where it says a file can't be found and the game closes. It happened to me again at a later point in the game fighting some bats, only this time I think the file was sonar. So just do the same thing as before and copy/paste a file and rename it, I thought it was called sonar but I can't find the file anymore which is weird. But yeah, just be prepared when you fight the bats!

well then i guess i need to get lina in my party again...... hmm....i to chose garnet after reading what the secretary said..hmm i wonder if they are not leading us astray!!!

ill have to get back to you on supplies...they have been few and far between so far for me...but i dont remember the specifics

I was able to get through the ruins and found a place to get more supplies so it's ok :) I should go back and rescue the kid though, I haven't done that yet. I need to get Lina leveled up more since I guess she'll have to be in the group to fight.

I'm trying to figure out if I'm supposed to be able to get the second set of gates open in Cairo or I should keep going?

I have a question about some of the side quests so far

SPOILERS!!!:

In that town, Lindblum or whatever it's called, in the theater district there's an artist looking for his painting, but I can't find it, does anyone know where it is?

Also, in the caves right before you get to that town, there's a gold treasure chest with a boulder in front of it but when I try to move it, it says that the boulder is too heavy to move and can't break. Anyone know how to get what's inside that chest?

i dont know if the second set of gates are supposed to open or not.

as far as the stolen painting he says something about tantalus(?) stealing it but obviously they are all gone now......i do remember when i had to deliver the letter within the time limit that as zidane was going by the artists place he did think to himself that he should stop by & say hello, but i didnt do that because i wanted to sneak into the castle within the time limit....so im thinking that maybe that quest cant be completed now????

cant say for sure

what level is lina for you?? just wondering how long its gonna take me to get her levitation skills....i hate leveling up, it takes SO long! lol

oh yeah - the chest.....i have no idea whats in it or how to move the boulder. i have gone through there numerous times trying to figure it out but nothing worked..sorry

I think Lina is around level 6 or 7 for me. I don't remember her learning levitation so I thought she came with it, but maybe I'm wrong. Leveling up does take FOREVER! I hate it! How high do the levels go, does anyone know? I can't possibly imagine getting to 100 if there are that many!

lol well I'm glad I'm not the only one who can't figure out how to get that chest! maybe we get dynamite later in the game or something :P

you meet up with the tantalus later, and question about the painting... wow! every1 has gone through fast.. taking my time for the walkthrough.

walkthrough part b:

SENSEI SHEN LONG, ANIME AND TSUNAMI'S DESOLATED HOME :(

* shen long key

* 1000 gold

* 2 tattered rags

a) find the key

1) OPEN SHEN LONG'S TREASURE BOX

the tree in the SW corner has the key

in the SW corner of Shen long's bedroom ! -shen long's savings

HYNE VILLAGE

* normal key

* ether

* bandana

* 150 gold

* tent

* potion

* echo screen

* tranquilizer

* 4 antidote

* 2 smelling salts

1) drink ale from the pub

2) talk to maria in the item shop

NW corner ! -normal key

stairs next to the inn (go under sack) -chest -ether (use normal key to open door -chest -bandana)

upstairs inn -chest -150 gold

give alex antidote -chest -tent

NW house kitchen dresser -potion

NE house (beneath graveyard) -wardrobe -echo screen

maria's item shop: furthest bottom right flour has a tranquilizer in it

maria gives 4 antidote, 2 smelling salts

BLACKWOOD FOREST

hint: don't listen to the sign

It is also a good Idea to buy a sword before going into the forest, despite neither of the main characters need of it ;) you can find a better one hidden in the forest though.

* smelling salts

* 100 gold

* time gem

* remedy

* phoenix down

* mid-potion

* hat

* 3 potion

* Iron sword

1) time crystal (save point) in a cave, head N after walking over the log.

2) join up with Lina & Gourry (automatic)

3) defeat the mazoku 'mister grimm'

4) HEAD TO ORLEANS.... BIG CITY IN THE MIDDLE

pick the blue flower SW the entrance -smelling salts

pick the blue flower NE -100 gold

top tree stump -time gem

pick blue flower near stumps -remedy

jump the creek and pick the blue flowers -phoenix down -mid potion

blue flowers -hat

blue flowers - 3 potion

head SW after joining up with Lina & Gourry !-Iron sword

LINA INVERSE: (lvl 10)

W= White

Heal -3 W Fire Barrier -12 W

Ice Barrier -12 W Fireball -4

Flame Line -6 Ice shard -4

Frost wave -6 Lightning spark -4

Thunder sparkle -6 Water Beam -4

Earth Drop -4 Wind Gust -4

Elmekia Lance -8 W Flare Arrow -35

Dragonslave -25

GOURRY: (lvl 5)

Sword Trip -2 Body Blow -4

CHRONOS' HINT:

"while there are no puzzles in the Blackwood forest, you will have your first encounter with a recurring mini-boss. do not fear if two new allies suffer a great loss from this monster, for they will regain their lost goods and powers eventually. most important is to pick every flower in the forest regardless of, what any signs may say."

Lina Lvl 5

_Heal -3 W _Fireball -4

_Ice shard -4 _Lightning spark -4

_Water Beam -4 _Earth Drop -4

_Wind Gust -4 _Elmekia Lance -8 W

_Flare Arrow -35 _Dragonslave -25

Walkthrough part c

ORLEANS:

* time gem

* fire stone

* ether

# swap alex a mid potion and an ether for a leather vest

# need a key to get mage masher

# need Zidane to get locked chest open behind locked door in house -leather vest

TSUNAMI LVL 5 = FORCE STRIKE

ANIME LVL 5 = BUDDAH'S PALM

1) TO ACTIVATE NEXT SEQUENCE, TALK TO INNKEEPER.

*if you wish to explore Orleans by daylight, do so before going to the inn.

2) chase & find thief

3) defeat tranced thief (dragonslave is good ;)

~oO0Oo~oO0Oo~oO0Oo~oO0Oo~oO0Oo~oO0Oo~oO0Oo~

Side Quest #1: hero rank +1 on completion

Apocthacary

*must be completed before check-in*

APOTHACARY'S CLUES: (you can ask her again anyway)

one is in the possesion of a care-free spirit

one is in the hands of one with stories three

one is in a place we dare not tread

*the cat has a recipe in it's mouth

*behind* the grave with flowers has a recipe

*one recipe is in the 'bad' part of town... the NE corner.

temporary but big: Elixir (saleable 5,000 gold) restores HP&PP 100%

small but longer lasting: power source (raise power score by 3)

ON COMPLETION RECIEVE:

*phoenix down

*ether

*adrenaline

*500 gold

*wooden armlet

*antidote

*tent

*2 potion

*sapphire sell for 2,000 gold

#also, the Apothacary's tent outside will sell you two rare items; one of which I have not seen elsewhere: the normal key. which unlocks locked doors, and is very rare. *however, there is a glitch where it takes ALL the keys you own to unlock a door?! so only keep one!*

~oO0Oo~oO0Oo~oO0Oo~oO0Oo~oO0Oo~oO0Oo~oO0Oo~oO0Oo~

there is a time gem in the NW corner, in the NW corner of the graveyard.

in the SE corner, above the bank, is a house with an open door. one sack of flour has the fire stone.

there is an ether in a chest in the back storeroom (inside) the inn.

mage masher in chest behind locked door, in thief's dungeon

chest behind locked door has leather vest, need Zidane.

CHRONOS' HINT:

When you go to sleep, you will be drawn into a scenario with someone who will soon become an ally. But first Anime' must first track this person down and defeat him in combat alone. make sure Anime is protected from sleep, and be ready to use clense to heal him from blindness. You will have to fight this person twice, but will have your allies for the second fight. at that point the boss will not inflict status, only dammage.

ok I am stuck! I'm on Mt. Quaf and am on the 7th tier. What the heck am I supposed to do with all of the crystals to get the hint? Or if anyone wants to just tell me the answer that's fine too :P

your walkthrough looks great so far, padswaggle!

edit: nevermind, seems I don't have to do that to be able to continue with the story

what level are you??? because im stuck at the save crystal....it seems i cant go any further till i level up?

anime & tsnumai are level 14 right now.

oh and a big IM SORRY for saying lina was needed for the werewolf quest!! if you want to know more...just ask

lina does not need to level up to do levitation....duh...i feel stupid!!!!

im kinda new at this....i played AV2, AV & AP in that order (lol) LOVED them all!

I'm at level 16. You should be able to go further though, I was close to 16 at the save crystal, and since it said that you can't level up Anime and Tsunami for a while after that I just decided to make sure I got to 16 before I went on. But the crystal suggested 15, but I don't think you have to level up to continue do you? It's just suggested?

For anyone farther, I'm in London now, anyone know where that stupid dog is? Also, who do I take Lina's borrowed book too? I must be missing something obvious...

ok im on mt quaf, just leveled up to 15 and im trying to get to the 5th tier, but i get an error message - "The file Monsters,many cannot be opened." !!!!????

anyone else have this prob? i tried the copy, paste and rename trick, but it didnt work, unless im doing it in the wrong folder

please help lol....i just spent forever leveling up and now im stuck...blah, this stinks!!!

ok can someone playing lost legacy please look in your program files and see if in the monsters file do you have a file named unused with more monster files in it????

hope that makes sense!!

ok can someone playing lost legacy please look in your program files and see if in the monsters file do you have a file named unused with more monster files in it????

hope that makes sense!!

ok, I gotta get caught up here! Once you get to Alexandria you will find the tantalus, and you will ask about the guy's painting there. the lady that you have to give the book to is in a "hidden" house. find two bushes with a space in between, and there's her house!

As for how I'm doing, I'm completely stuck on the stupid journeymen trial. I can not complete it. I tried doing it a few days ago and got so frustrated! I've decided to take a very long break from it until someone gets out a tutorial walkthrough thing for that part of the game.

kathev69 wrote:

hope that makes sense!!

I do have another folder called unused in the monsters file, and there are more files in it. Do you need it? I can zip it and upload it to sendspace or something if you need it. I'll be on most of the night since I'm trying to destress myself :P

Lunasong7 thank you! lol no wonder I couldn't find the house since it was hidden XD

I'm dreading the journeymen trial now. I keep hearing how hard it is!!

oh thank you..but i dont need it i was just wondering if that was why my game is giving me an error message!!! i cant play anymore till i solve it...it closes the game on me : (

very frustrating!!