Aveyond Studios Community
Sign in to follow this  
padswaggle

MayorAnime - Lost Legacy: an Animania story

@ Lunasong7, oh good I'm so glad that my walkthrough helped you! I was afraid that it might be confusing. I'm glad you made it through the trials now too, yay!!

@ schola23 - lol yeah that's probably why you can't beat the guardian then. You'll probably be ok if you can get yourself up to 15. I was at 16 when I was going up the mountain, and I guess the jump 2 years made me gain another, I dunno. Good luck!

ok... this was the reason for making this topic & getting all you's hooked on this game :D

I can't pass the journeyman trial despite at least 10 attempts. I can however tell you what I know about the Mt Quaf caves though:

after you jump-start machines, check to see if they work... even if you see them moving.

1)there are chests which contain monsters. if you let them self destruct you gain nothing. if you beat them first, you get $1,000 gold :D my hint is: don't let them know you're WAY stronger than they are... as a general rule in the game the monsters fight back stronger the harder you fight.

2)there are no set rules for the crystals. the 'rules' or 'hint' is in the first cave, where the large crystal block is next to two machines.

3)*pretend it's a birthday-cake* means "blow out the candles" find a wind crystal.... the cave directly below

4)use the Ice crystal to fill large gaps in the path

5)use an Ice crystal to 'walk over water'

6) use an earth crystal to 'walk over water'

7)use a fire crystal to melt ice blocks

8) in one room, remove the fire crystal first, then replace it with an air crystal. wander around the area... you will be 'wisked' across a large cravass... from there you'll need a thunder crystal. don't forget to check the machine is working. up top of that you will see a water crystal is stuck.... but no sign of water. there you have to use an ice & fire crystal to make the water. then remove the water crystal to cross.

9)over on the right there is a room where you must jump stone to stone. fill the cart with rocks (use an earth crystal) to gain enough momentum to break the crate. set the cart going with a thunder crystal near the machine. (both crystals are in the adjoining 'jump-jump' room

10)this will give you a darkness crystal to allow you to continue.

11) don't remove the astral crystal... this needs to be in place later to get one of the four special items in the caves (tho they are not necessary to complete the trials)

I'm stuck at the point where if you use the earth crystal to cross a river at a later point, it drops earth in 2 places at once. if you jump over to the second one, you can jump on the pile (but alas, another bug: not off again, so you must resart) so I assume that a second crystal is needed to make this pile of earth somthing which will 'transport' you to the other side of the room.

will skip ahead to mt quaf on my walkthrough if u guys want. though, I pretty much covered it from memory here I think!!LOL

edit: oh way to go dawnfire!! you rock!! I'd almost given up again!... that's why it took me so long to check back with you guys :)

I wish my computer loaded up ALL the posts (dunno why it sometimes don't) you're walkthrough kicks ass!! shall I still go back to making my walkthrough?

padswaggle i made a walkthrough for the trials and uploaded it in pdf format, the post is a few above yours.

edit: lol you're welcome! you can keep going with your walkthrough if you want, I know I'm stuck at another part where I keep dying blah! Other people might be interested in it too that are just starting.

Though also, I've gotten in touch with the creator of the game (he's really nice!) and he said that he and his wife are creating a full FAQ for Lost Legacy.

I gave him this forum's address and he has some tips for you guys that can't get past the gate keeper. This is what he said

"Also, a little tip for you and your friends. The Boss of the Cave of Trials, the Sanctuary Kepper, has a bit of a trick to him, which is why you need to make sure to level up ANime and Tsunami before fighting him. YOu have about three rounds of combat to do 1000 points of damage to him. I fyou don't, he automatically kills both Anime and Tsunami with 'Failure'. This is in keeping with the hint Chronos gives to be at least Level 15 (at that level, Tsunami gains the Lotus Palm technique, which aids in reaching that cap significantly) . However, Lotus Blossom is NOT required. You just need to start out the fight by going all out on the Boss.

Also, you don't need to use the Animus power Anime gains rom Tsunami during the end of the Boss fight (I think it's Lotus Blossom, actually), nor does Tsunami need to use her Limit Break. It just makes the battle end very easily. Technically, you can kill the boss before they gain their new powers, especially if you power-level them to about level 20. You'll still gain the powers (Animus and ability to Limit Break) after the fight"

He also said that he's going to work on uploading a version of the game without all of the glitches, so yay!

Edit: I'm just wondering, where is everyone in the game now that most people are past the trials? How do you get the other tower where the fire witch is open? What character has that smash rock ability, or whatever it's called? And has anyone gotten past the part where you have to run past all the guards (after Raoul's castle) similar to what we had to do in the coliseum? I can not get past this part because whenever they touch you they take away 5 hit points and I keep dying. I think it's b/c I have a hard time needing to press keys with 2 hands b/c of my tendonitis in my right wrist which makes me have to wear a brace most of the time, so it's kinda difficult.

edit: LOL nevermind I just got past all the guards :P I'm still curious about my other questions though!

aislingyngaio: Merged posts

I'm just wondering, where is everyone in the game now that most people are past the trials? How do you get the other tower where the fire witch is open? What character has that smash rock ability, or whatever it's called? And has anyone gotten past the part where you have to run past all the guards (after Raoul's castle) similar to what we had to do in the coliseum? I can not get past this part because whenever they touch you they take away 5 hit points and I keep dying. I think it's b/c I have a hard time needing to press keys with 2 hands b/c of my tendonitis in my right wrist which makes me have to wear a brace most of the time, so it's kinda difficult.

edit: LOL nevermind I just got past all the guards :P I'm still curious about my other questions though!

What a fun game this is, thanks for recommending it, padswaggle :)

dawnfire, I just beat the journeyman trials and am on my way to help Stiles and Rapier. I have a feeling the fire witch tower is connected with Cairo. I can't see the king yet because my hero rank isn't high enough, but maybe he gives you the quest? Nobody has smash rock yet for me, either!

Does anybody have any problems with Old Rome? I'm trying to do part 2 now that it is open but when you enter the temple on the way through, the map messes up and I can't move. As soon as you enter, a big clear circle with black around it appears around your character and you can't move. No error messages appear, so I can't go through. Anybody else run into this?

Xchain

actually I just found that problem last night too. Which makes me sad because I want to see what's in there! I've been talking to the creator of the game though a little bit, so I'll mention it to him and see if he knows anything about it :)

Also tip for everyone: do not cross the english channel after you get through the castle unless you're done exploring everything. You won't be able to go back until you fight Raoul, and even then you can't explore anything anymore

I'm stuck at the part where you have to get past the army. I've tried it like three times already, the most frustrating part though is having to go through what everyone says beforehand. Does anyone have tips on getting past that stupid army?

Edit: Suhweet, I beat the army. Who knew you could use the spacebar and just punch them all out of your way? Well, I bet a lot of you guys knew, too bad it took me this long to figure it out :P

schola23, You can use animus when Anime fighting. He absorbs the skills of the other players in the group and can use them in battle.

Anybody having trouble with the Nemeton Monistary?

I have been to every room and searched everywhere but I can't figure out how to get past the statues. Also the enemies have just stopped showing up so I can't level up anymore or get gold :( Boy, I wish this game wasn't so glitchy!

EDIT: Ok, it seems the enemies stop appearing when I use group 1. If I use the garnet orb and switch to group 2, they are back. This is so weird!

Xchain

xchain, how are you using animus? I'm not even getting the option to use it and I don't see the other character's abilities, unless I'm overlooking something.

I'm not to the monistary yet, I'm trying to make sure I've done everything on the other maps before I head over (I went back to another saved game I had since I did cross the river on my other) so I'm not sure how to get passed it.

Has anyone gotten into the other witch's towers? Or found out who uses smash rock?

dawnfire, when Anime is in battle go to powers and select animus. He will absorb the skills and on his next turn go to powers again and you will be able to use the skills he absorbed from your group.

Xchain

hmm I don't even have any options for him that says Powers. I know Tsunami has one for when she limit breaks, but I don't see one for Anime. It isn't under any of the other categories either. Strange!!

Really? When he is in battle mode it should say Fight, Abilities, Koken-Do and Powers. If you select powers, animus should be there to use. I really haven't used it, so if you somehow don't have it then your not missing much.

Xchain

Oh man, it's over already! Just beat it and it is only the ending of chapter 1. Please tell me a chapter 2 is in the making or will we be left with an unfinished story?

There were still quests left in my hero journal! The doll on Mt Orian and the coffee for inventor guy. Was anybody able to solve these?

Xchain

Oh man, it's over already! Just beat it and it is only the ending of chapter 1. Please tell me a chapter 2 is in the making or will we be left with an unfinished story?

There were still quests left in my hero journal! The doll on Mt Orian and the coffee for inventor guy. Was anybody able to solve these?

Xchain

Im in Paris and im stuck on the part where u have to find the necklace for Fifi. The low-life guy said he put it under a bed but I have searched all the beds but cant find it.

EDIT: Nevermind i found it thanks anyway!

EDIT: Ok now I cant find the Paris black market lol. Does anyone know where it is?

scoobs686, the black market is in that house with all the jewels and armor in the second part of Paris. (There is a little brown sign on the top of the doorway with a symbol.) The guy to talk to is downstairs in that house.

hey guys! Christian, the creator of this game, wanted me to let you guys know that he's going to try to work on all of the bugs this weekend and try to get something up without them. Yay! Let me know if you've found any other bugs that haven't been mentioned yet so I can pass the info along :)

Also, he told me that apparently there are supposed to be 2 more parts to this game, but he's not sure if they're going to be made unless he hears that people would like to play them. So if you'd like to have the others made then say something so he can get good positive feedback! ^^

Also, did anyone get into the water witch's tower? I can't figure out how to get in!

I think all the major bugs have been listed already.

Here are some minor ones I noticed other than spelling errors here and there and tile set errors (you can walk on the water in Alexandria castle)

Julia's Herbs never leave your inventory after you give them to her.

In the Leper's castle, you can continue to beat the final set over and over again if you leave the castle and then go back in.

In the hero journal, after you save Micheal from the painting, the entry stays in the "active" section as well as in the "completed" section.

Thank you so much dawnfire for all the info. How do we tell him we want more Lost Legacy? I will volunteer to be a tester and help with part 2 if needed.

I did get in the water witch's tower. Talk to that lady that is in the town right next to it. (She is spinning in the crops) If you reply the correct way and your hero rank is high enough, she will ask you to help her daughter in the tower. If you bring Garnet, the outcome will be different (hint from the crystal)

Xchain

A question for those that are near the end of the game, what was your hero rank? Mine was 26, but it still was not good enough to see the King in Cairo wondering if anybody got a higher rank?

Xchain

A question for those that are near the end of the game, what was your hero rank? Mine was 26, but it still was not good enough to see the King in Cairo wondering if anybody got a higher rank?

Xchain

thanks for the info Xchain! I'll be sure to pass that along :) And I completely forgot about that woman in the town! I remember I accidently made her kill herself on another saved game, oops! :P

As for hero level, wow there must be a lot of things that I didn't do. Mine is only 14!! that's really low! I never was able to get into the Leper's Castle though

Also a note from the creator, this has to do with a problem someone was having a few days ago (i forget who): I forgot to mention something...and I probably should have the game say this, but since it's only the first part of a trilogy,I neglected to say anything. The game STOPS all random encounters if your party's average level is at 25 or higher. This is to stop people from power-leveling while I created the other two parts.

So that's why that was happening!

As far as telling him you want more Lost Legacy, I do have his email but I'm not sure if he wants me to give it out, so for now I'm going to point you to the place where I first started talking to him: http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/lifebbs/ you do have to register with a yahoo account though

did anyone fight Barbados the second time, when he's the nightmare thing? That battle seems extremely unfair when it's just anime alone fighting him. He attacks and I immediately need to heal myself, I can hardly get a hit in, and I'm at level 25 or 26. I can't beat him!

EDIT: ok I beat him but wasted all of my best potions keeping myself alive. And nothing really even happened. Is there even a point to beating him?

did anyone fight Barbados the second time, when he's the nightmare thing? That battle seems extremely unfair when it's just anime alone fighting him. He attacks and I immediately need to heal myself, I can hardly get a hit in, and I'm at level 25 or 26. I can't beat him!

EDIT: ok I beat him but wasted all of my best potions keeping myself alive. And nothing really even happened. Is there even a point to beating him?

Thanks again dawnfire :) I was the one that asked about the enemies that stopped appearing now I know why! I will leave a message over at that group you posted, I want more Lost Legacy! lol.

How did you get to beat barbados again? Where is he? I went back into the painting but he wasn't there.

Questions I still have if anybody knows:

How do you get past the statues in the Nemeton Monestary?

Did anybody find any of the coffee for the inventor guy?

Xchain

dawnfire, I signed up and posted a message over at that group you said but I can't get it to show up! I replied to your topic there and hit send but it's not there. Does he know about this thread here?

dawnfire, I signed up and posted a message over at that group you said but I can't get it to show up! I replied to your topic there and hit send but it's not there. Does he know about this thread here?

The second Barbados is actually in the crypt that's to the left of Raoul's caslte, with all that poisonous water or whatever it is. The gate says it won't open, but if you keep going up on either side the fence stops so you can get in. The enemies there are kind of weird, the battles are a little different b/c sometimes they have the advantage if they 'sneak up' on you (your back is turned at the beginning of the battle and they go first, or 2 of them will be in the left side and 1 on the right so it's split) And after you go touch all these sparkly things, you can get in the crypt and he's in there. It's a pain fighting him though b/c he attacks as frequently as anime and takes like 250 hp away from anime. Eventually he started just defending and i was able to kill him.

hmm that's weird I'm not sure why your message isn't showing up. Maybe it just takes some time? He does know about this thread though, but I'm not sure how often he looks at it.

I haven't been in the monestary yet so I'm not sure about that one, I'll probably get there soon and let you know if I figure it out! I never did find the coffee. Actually there were a lot of things I never did, like get that girls doll back, find the dog in London, find all the bridge pieces, and I'm sure a lot more that I'm forgetting.