Aveyond Studios Community
Sign in to follow this  
Yuffie

Velacia RP - RP Thread

Nova walked farther into the forest, feeling the chill of darkness. As she walked, she heard sounds ranging from discomfort to excited cheeriness. She turned around for a moment to see the little Venos Hae girl bouncing and twirling. She reminded her of her late little sister, Aura.

The wind was really picking up now. She turned to the forest and she smelled something disgusting. She coughed, and smelled it more thoroughly. She smelled death.

Nova pulled out her sword, and crept foreward, ignoring the rest of the party. A zombie jumped out from behind a tree.

"Gyargh!" the both of them yelled at the same time. Nova quickly recovered, and sliced into the zombie, decapitating it. She looked around, and saw a few more coming towards her.

"Battle time!" she cried to the others, as she charged forward.

((haha. Yani's funny. :) ))

The minute Almaha heard her say it was time for battle he charged forwards with his spear and shield he stabbed the zombie through the eye and it fell to the ground.

He killed a zombie "Time for some fun" he said to himself. He threw his spear at another zombie and killed it. Before he could turn around to see it a zombie attacked him and he fell to the ground, quickly thinking he hook kicked the zombie and it fell to the ground, he reached for his spear grabbed it and stabbed the zombie through the eye.

He ran towards more zombies and the big fight, he was beside Sir Nathan Elindor and Yani.

((Okay, I just realized something. We have no idea where we're going. Zombie fights are cool and all, but I think we need some direction. XD))

Before he really knew what happened, he landd in the middle of the fight.

While Almaha was pulling his spear out of his ex-enemy, a zombie was about to attack his back!!

Because the zombie was too far away to kill in time, Nathan had to find something else...

He couldn't use any of his skills, because his mana stone wasn't recharged yet, except.... well he had to try something, the idea was as good as any other.

"Lana, godess of Light, I need your help!" Nathan shouted as loud as he could, more out of a reflex than a need, as the gods could hear him no matter how loud he spoke.

A shining light appeared above Nathan's head.

"Lumi, distraction, now!" Because of the strong connection between the elemental and his master, more words weren't needed.

Lumi flew (spelling?) to the zombie at an amazing speed and started banging on his head. The light blinded the zombie, and made it trip.

This action gave Nathan enough time to reach the undead, and stab him in the heart.

When Almaha looked back to see what happened, Nathan gave him a quick wink and a grin, and parried the attack of the new zombie, because they seemed to be somehow attracted by the magical aura of the light summon.

"Almaha probably didn't even realize that I just saved his life, but I certainly hope that he will het even by saving mine this soon already"

Realizing that he didn't have to take this adventure on his own, he felt somewhat at ease

Rabelde headed to the forest walking quite a distance behind the rest of the group. Everyone else, especially that cocky, overconfident girl called Nova, irritated him.

When he reluctantly ventured deeper, he saw the others already fighting a group of undead. His grip around that accursed cross blade tightened involuntarily. He leaped, diving into a shadow, and emerged behind a group of zombies, across the rest of his "group of exorcist" and swung his blade. Three fell at once, sliced in half. Rabelde spun around, twirling his blade in search for other zombies. As he did so, his facial features twisted to a violent madness.

As Gabriel was full aware of upcoming fight from the leader girl's shouts, a zombie finally encountered his left side. Prepared enough, he summoned Death into scythe and started to slice through the zombie. After seeing the zombie fell backward, other three dead creatures threw their hands toward him from his back. Surprised, he squatted himself to ground in reflects, then swung Death, which successfully sliced them up across. Sensed a slight pain from his back, he dove into bush to hide for a while.

"Do you think just slicing them has any effect? They're undead no matter how you look at them."

Yeah, should we destroy their brain instead?

Hush, quit it! Just see what's up with them. Are you okay?

"Well, I think yes."

Taemin gave a start when the leader shouted "Battle time!" and everyone leapt into action. He winced. As predicted, he was being totally shown up by the professionals in the group.

Right. Zombies. Basic undead. You don't want them to touch you, he thought, running through the scenario in his head. Usually a nice hard blow to the head will do it, but better destroy them to be safe--they regenerate. He paused for a moment before deciding what he would do next. The next best thing to light (which was a dance he didn't yet know) would be...

Firedance.

Taemin dropped into a crouch, his hands clasped in the usual right-hand-over-left-fist fashion. He seized a dry twig and called upon his lightning magic to set it aflame. As he jumped up, any normal flame would have been extinguished. Not this one. As he began to dance, the flame grew higher. Just as it was about to burn down to his fingertips, he tossed it into the air.

A flaming circle appeared around the creature closest to him. It roared in anger and Taemin continued to spin. The faster he spun, the higher the flames climbed. They weren't exactly your usual flames, either--they were primarily white and blue, with some red shoots here and there.

Taemin clenched his teeth as the continued, hoping that the zombie wouldn't try to escape the flames--and desperately praying that none were trying to sneak up behind him.

Almaha was rushing towards the bigger battle and he saw Nathan fighting a group of zombies. They were closing around him but he was fighting the ones in front of him so Almaha lunged forwards and killed the zombies behind Nathan with quick stabs to the back of head. He and Nathan were running towards the bigger battle and he saw the dancer doing a fire spell of some sort. It was amazing but he had to kill more zombies.

Nova saw the peasant dancing and creating fire. Now that was an impressive ability. She wondered if he was allied with a god of some sort. She looked around - many of the zombies were down, if not being killed rather hastily by the others.

"Well, now that this is taken care of, I guess I'd better tell you where we're going. We're going to find an undead citadel, beyond a cave about a half day's walk from here. I'm not sure what we'll find in the cave, but after we leave it, we'll be on the plains where the citadel is located. We need to find out what the heck is going on in there and stop it. Now, we'd best be going... wouldn't want a zombie to eat your brains..." she declared. She finished with a dark laugh.

She began to walk away, cleaning her sword on a large leaf. This would be interesting.

((There's the quest.))

Elli sighed. So the plan was to walk a day and a half to a quite possibly deadly cave. They would then go through said cave to an open plain with no cover where a massive army of the undead waited. After somehow defeating this army they would storm Caer Moré, the legendary impenetrable citadel where something, although they didn't know what, was happening. Great.

Elli had had doubts about Nova before, but what the woman was suggesting was a suicide mission. "Might I respectfully suggest another route -- whatever I'm supposed to call you?" Elli brought her hand to her still heart and pulled a thin substance from her chest. Elli poured the stuff from between her fingers upon the ground. Slowly a replica of the Velacian countryside began to form. "Contrary to popular belief, vampires do actually have souls," Elli explained. "While technically they are no longer connected to the body, they have nowhere else to go, so they kind of just stick around. Very useful, if you ask me."

Elli pointed on the three-dimensional map to a small opening in the tall cliffs that ringed Velacia and its forest. The city was in a round hole in a huge plateau -- a horrible position, as a whole siege could be performed from above, but that wasn't entirely relevant. "This is the cave entrance. I've never been inside of it, so this map is incomplete. However, it is well known how dangerous this cave is. No one has left it alive." She thought a moment, then pointed to a winding staircase leading up the cliff face on the other side of the valley. "I suggest we take the Steps instead. Spirits dwell upon the plateau, but at least they are a known danger. We have no idea what's in that cave. Besides that, the wind currents at the end of the plateau can be very useful to those prepared. They should allow us to bypass the undead army and bring us straight to the High Tower of Caer Moré." The city of Velacia melted from the map and reformed on the other side of the plateau in the shape of a random assortment of towers. Elli pointed to the tallest tower. "Of course, once inside, there is no easy escape. So what do you say?"

Rabelde, without much enthusiasm, looked at the rest of the group. That arrogant woman who seemed to be in charge, was telling the rest to head to a citadel, half a day's walk from the position they currently are are.

He heard of that citadel, and knew where it was. Rabelde was about to head there first when another woman, creating a three dimensional map, suggested another route to somewhere called the High Tower of Caer Moré.

"I have to disagree" Rabelde remarked smoothly, "If the caves are as dangerous as you claim, then the chances to find the source of this undead problem in there are quite huge"

Not bothering to see the others' response, he continued, "Besides, while I never explored the deeper parts that caves myself, I have, out of curiosity, explored the surface. I doubt it can pose much more danger than the place you just suggested"

Yani, for a moment, smiled lightly as she saw her acquaintances charge into battle; Some were fighting melee, some with pretty, pretty magic.

We'll take a group, then, she thought, giggling inwardly.

And she ran.

She ran and dodged the spells that were actually directed at the zombies ambushing them; the exhilaration of the chase so lovely, so free...

She spotted a clump of zombies making their way towards her - their ugly, maggoty forms crawling with dirt and grime. Nice.

Yani sped off towards them, much more faster than would be expected from a nine-year-old (inwardly, she scoffed).

And, touching one of them cheerfully on the head, she twirled around, and said, "You're it."

She channeled a bit of her own essence into the zombie, and broke off a bit of her aura to encircle the others.

This should make them fast enough, she thought, satisfied.

"Let's play tag~"

And she ran. The zombies after her were much faster than what would be their normal speed, and she delighted in jumping off trees to dodge one of their clawed strikes. How fun.

Yani deliberately slowed down enough for one of them zombies to touch her, just brush her dress - "Oh, I'm caught."

The fake pout didn't hide the extreme mirth in her eyes, dancing like the fire Taemin Lee ignited. She disappeared again, and the zombies struggled to find her; up, down, left, right...

"Behind."

Her voice was much more darker, more mature, than her original high bird-like chirp.

The group of undead creatures turned around sluggishly, stumbling over one another. Two of them roared loudly, their voices screeching.

And after a few seconds of registering her standing there, so innocently, they attacked.

Claws out, black-yellow teeth bared, rags fluttering; thy all ran as one towards her surrounding Yani like a ring. Well, she thought, I have a few more surprises down my sleeve, thanks very much.

"One, two, buckle my shoe," she jumped upwards, avoiding a dozen swiped at her head, "three, four, knock at the door; five, six -"

She bounced on a tree like a squirrel, eyes bright (and bushy-tailed). "Pick up sticks; seven, eight, lay them straight..."

Bounding off the tree branch she was standing on to avoid three zombies jumping up at her, intent to kill radiating off, she turned in mid-air, hovering where she was, "Nine, ten, Seriven."

On the last word, her already dark voice grew much, much more evil, more cruel.

The magic spell was a basic dark one, but the white-hot flames that engulfed all of the zombies could be easily mistaken as high-level magic. Seriven was a spell that Yani normally used only when 'playing tag', which was more often than not.

The pained screams reverberated in the clearing, echoing delightfully.

The spell eventually died down, leaving only ash.

That was fun, Yani thought, and dusted herself off, making her way back to where her group was.

---

She arrived just in time to see Nova wiping her sword off with a dark laugh. Nice.

Elli the vampy pulled out her essence from her heart; a skill that was known only to some vry experienced Venos Hae people and high-level vampires.

Yani frowned as she heard Elli saying that vamps had souls; she didn't know that. Most of Venos Hae books said that the souls of the dead passed to the plain of afterlife...books could be wrong, she knew, but she was just...a bit surprised.

But that map thing was pretty awesome, yes.

"I think that it's a good idea," she answered to Elli's question, "but he's right." She gestured to Rabelde. "Venos Hae libraries keep records of the monsters, undead threats, and cities-slash-maps. While none of the books are explicit in their descriptions of potential attacks and threats in that area, I can easily say that it's because no one alone has gotten out alive."

She looked around, before continuing, "We may have a chance in there if we work together...no matter how cheesy it sounds. Elements usually have many advantages in working together."

Gabriel jumped out from the bush to give a sudden attack to those foolish zombies. He waited with Death in his gasps for any reaction they might up to, but seemed like they won't do much. "Maybe they regenerate slow because they have no brain."

The team seemed moving, after the leader gave her command. After that, the pale girl earlier gave her long rant of other way to go. A tower, it seemed. She said that it'd be hard to escape either. Seeing others were giving their opinion, Gabriel tried to give his, "Then it'd be bad. If the tower is that small, it'd be troublesome for us, since we move in group."

Rabelde rolled his eyes with disdain at the on going discussion. This is not going anywhere, and if it doesn't stop soon, it might as well last forever. "You know, rather than debating where we're going to go, why don't each of us head where we think is the best place to go? No one said that the whole lot of us should travel together anyway"

Nathan was impressed by the battleskills of his new "friends"

He didn't know what that "vamos a la playa" or whatever is was clan were yani was from really was, but it was now clear to him that it was a clan of skilled circusartists. He didn't ever see anyone see agile and flexible, dangerous or careless before.

She was very powerfull, but could cause a lot of trouble as well.

The vampire was nowhere to be found on the battlefield, but she had a big mouth later after the battle. Why did they trust a vampire anyway, when they are fighting against evil and undead?

Timing was worth his name, as he had a perfect timing saving his live by brining the zombie in front of him, he looked very insecure and not manly at all though.

He really liked Rabelde though, he was a man of little words, but was a master concerning his weapon, and a valuable source as well it seemed.

Gabriel's weapon didn't really seem effective in the battle, but he was smart enoug to hide at least. Nathan really hoped the weapon would be usefull later.

The vampire was nowhere to be found on the battlefield, but she had a big mouth later after the battle. Why did they trust a vampire anyway, when they are fighting against evil and undead?

-----------------------------------

When the team discussed how they would enter the cathedral, he didn't really know what to do, as he was not really known with the area.

The map of the vampress (i the map even was correct) showed a lot of small rooms and corridors though, and they probably could take the cathedral like they would fight in a castle.

He shared his thoughts with the group:

"The passages seem rather small and easy to defend, they can be with a lot more, but they will just queue up to be slaughtered. Quite a few of us know magic, and the others can wield their normal weapons, can't we just move onward as a team?"

Almaha was over with the rest of the group discussing how to enter the tower/cathedral. He was thinking of a good way to enter when he said "Why not just use the front door and expect as much resistance as could be expected.". The group was still discussing the cathedral and his mind started to come up with a plan.

Nova thought for a moment. "Spirits, eh? Might be easier than going into those caves. I've been there once, but I never went very deep. They were dark and foreboding and crushing and... evil. I don't think the undead are there though. I think that Elli has a good plan. I think we should go that way."

Nova was anxious to be on her way. The longer they spent there, the more danger they were in. She was antsy about the fact that so many undead were here. She might be dark and creepy, but she didn't hold a candle to brain - munchers.

"Whichever way we go, I suggest we decide quickly. Spirits or certain death? Which to choose?" she said sarcastically.

Rabelde tilted his head up and stared at the darkening sky, aware that the longer they linger around aimlessly, the stronger the undead would be, and the more danger they would be in.

Drawing his cross blade, then sheathing it again, he announced, softly but firmly, "I'm going to the caves- whether or not you all agree"

((Oh noes! At least make a post where your character actually quits. Like they suffer a heart attack and die. Or they somehow just disappear into the moonlight, ready to return if you should ever be less busy. XD))

((Argh, I've been busy and look what I miss. So, long-ish post ahead.))

Leyla watched as her companions threw themselves wholly into the fight. Many of them seemed to enjoy it, particularly the Venos Hae girl. Leyla herself wasn't a remarkable fighter, and the others seemed to be doing fine. She decided to stay back, observing.

A couple of zombies had other ideas, though, and Leyla found herself fighting anyway. Her staff was tucked safely away on her belt, so instead she reached for her dagger. The blade was meant more for the working of the magic arts than slaying the undead, but the silver designs running down the blade made it quite the all purpose tool.

When Leyla had finished, she made her way to the group. They seemed to be discussing the best way to get to reach Caer Moré. She slowly cleaned her dagger, listening to the discussion. When they started to come to an impasse, Leyla decided to put in her opinion.

"Those caves writhe with dark magic- I have read texts that say under the caves a dark being is sealed." She looked at her dagger, making sure she was cleaning properly. When she was satisfied, she sheathed it.

Looking at the sky, she continued, "We have been taught to fear the dark, for it's coldness, for it's unknown... But darkness... darkness isn't always evil and light isn't always good." She paused, lost in thoughts for a moment.

"The caves are a massive system that is easy to get lost in. Though they teem with darkness, I do not think that they are evil." She looked at the group, her face trained still. "I can cast for the safest route, if you would like. However, before we go anywhere, might I suggest doing something with these corpses?" She nudged a corpse with the toe of her boot.

"They are safe at the moment, however it is entirely possible for them to be raised again. I suggest burning, as I doubt our necromancer has an aversion to consecrated ground." She bent over the corpse and pulled at it's clothes, showing the others the remains of a burial cloth, used for those buried in sacred ground.

Yani frowned, looking much older than what would be expected of her appearance; if everyone was going to put in their two cents, count her in.

"The caves aren't evil. The things in them are," she reasoned. "Actually, those weren't there to begin with. Over a few hundred years they formed...spirits take a lot of evil magic, and huge amount of calm, and the negative energy that is taken from the holy energy to form on their own. And each and every cell is made from an indefinite amount of time..."

She didn't remember how to destroy, them, but she thought for a moment. Nothing. She sighed and went silent, stepping back to signal her little speech was over.